Daily check in March 23, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Dgflorida

Daily check in March 23, 2020

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning all. Let's get started.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily check in March 23, 2020

Post by HappyDaze »

Good Morning DG and Everyone! I hope you all have a blessed day.

I'm up and enjoying coffee. Mysteriously, my dogs have both slept in today. I could easily crawl back into the warm, dark bedroom and snooze - but I'm determined to get dressed and get to work at the appropriate time.

Have a good day everyone.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
rinty

Post by rinty »

Morning !

DH is bustling away this morning. By 8am ( I kid you not ) he had sorted out his sock drawer :shock:

We have storage cubes in our wardrobes.

Happily it gorgeous outside so he is in the garden. He purged his shed weeks ago so he now has ACCESS to no end of little projects. He is putting together a picnic table as we speak, having found all the fixin's .

The only edible thing in the garden is rhubarb, but we both like it so stewed rhubarb may well be on the cards ;)

We write ourselves weekly TO DO lists so Monday is always busy before we lose interest ;)

Todays main task for me is sourcing DS size nappies which I cannot do for love nor money. Well, that's a lie, if you go on the interweb, the sites will tell you that due to the VOLUME of orders they will fill your order..........but don't be hanging on a rope til it arrives. I have some coming in MAY.

MAY :shock: This has gone down like a lead balloon with DS. So the search begins. He is toilet trained , these are his fallback and DADGUMMIT he knows this and wants those buggers, in his eyeline , where he can rely on them. I DID toy with the ide aof rasking his social worker with this but can't be bothered.

We have a review booked with her but as it is at peak Coronovirus time we will cancel............may not need to if everything is in lockdown by then which is totally possible as the genral public are MORONS.

Yesterday all holiday areas, national parks, beaches etc were RAMMED, you couldn't find space anywhere ( we were at HOME BTW ) The National Trust had to shut their gardens a week after offering FREE access to give folk some space to social distance as the LUNATICS have decided this is a national holiday :cry:

My TO DO list beckons.

Stay safe , stay IN x
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning everyone. Not much going on here. I will try to do some cooking ahead but accomplished very little yesterday. No energy or ambition

Have a safe day.
Janet Alliesmama
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Chilly here today and a dusting of snow on the cars, although further north they were expected to get some accumulation.

Nothing much planned, except for some light organizing and starting another ebook.

Decided to give online shopping/home delivery a try, but all slots for both pickup and delivery are sold out through the end of the month. Will have to keep an eye open to see when they rollover again.

Have a nice day.
Last edited by LogicsHere on Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I am up early this morning, and will be looking through a few cook books for some ideas for batch cooking or at least something that makes enough that I can freeze some to take up to DS's this week. Things are getting a bit more sparse up here in the grocery stores, so using everything up as much as I can.

Cricut came out with an easy face mask pattern that I can even use my machine to cut out. So guess what I will be trying today instead of the 18 page pattern plus pattern itself that I printed off the internet. I am going with easier method. First though all the fabric I pretreated needs ironing. Yes, I know that in reality these will not do much, but it will make Hubby feel better.

So my list for today to keep me busy and occupied is

Talk to all of you.
See if all relatives are okay on Facebook. Post that we are doing fine.
Check emails, clear them up, answer any that need answering.
Do online Lenten study and reflection.
Go for my morning walk (should be light by then).
Breakfast/game/check out forum
Do household chores. Hopefully clean out the oven today.
Get supper out to thaw.
Should be close to lunch so will prepare that (there are some leftovers in the fridge which should be used for this purpose).
Iron fabric.
Cut out facemask patterns.
Check forum (cause we have been getting hit by those lovely spammers a bit more often).
Sew prototype facemask and see if I need to change anything.
Work on temperature blanket.
Go for another walk/pick up mail and then work on some knitting.
Make supper.
Clean up after supper.
Knit and watch Netflix.
Read for an hour or so in bed.
Sleep.

I think it will end up being wash and repeat for the next few days. Craft wise things will change, but my days will pretty much follow that order until we can get out of social distancing or heaven help us end up in isolation or under lockdown.

Hubby has decided against getting a hotel room when we travel up to take DS to the doctor's. Instead we will be staying with DS in his apartment. Probably it is the safest to do so. I just don't think Hubby is going to get enough sleep. It is very hard to be comfortable on the recliner or on the futon. May just have to pull the foam off of the futon downstairs and take it with us.

I also need to see if we have any rather large paper plates that we can take up to DS's. I have figured out what either his birthday or Christmas gift will be this year, he only owns two plates, two bowls, and one matching mug. A set of dishes it is! The same can be said for his eating utensils as well, bare minimum and sometimes not even that.

Supper tonight is going to be some leftover ham. I hope to make a casserole of some type that will feed us twice and still leave some to freeze for youngest.

The weather seems to be changing and that brings me joy.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/