Check with your trash company

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ohjodi

Check with your trash company

Post by ohjodi »

My trash company just announced that they will not pick up anything that is outside the trash can, and everything inside the can must be in plastic bags, and the lid must close completely on the can. Recycling (we have large cans for that) must likewise be completely inside the can, however not bagged, as usual.

It makes sense to me. Check your company's Facebook page, or your city's website.

Also, I want to do some major decluttering, and throw stuff away, and I had called my trash company earlier to order an additional can.....it's only $3.50 a month for another can! I had no idea it was that cheap. Yay!
ohjodi

gaylejackson2

Re: Check with your trash company

Post by gaylejackson2 »

ohjodi wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:04 pm
My trash company just announced that they will not pick up anything that is outside the trash can, and everything inside the can must be in plastic bags, and the lid must close completely on the can. Recycling (we have large cans for that) must likewise be completely inside the can, however not bagged, as usual.

It makes sense to me. Check your company's Facebook page, or your city's website.
We don't have recycling here in podunk eastern Utah.

Our trash to be picked up must always be in the rented dumpster, they won't pick up (& empty) any extra cans unless its one of theirs. They don't seem to care if its bagged or not.

Extra cans are $5/month.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

ohjodi wrote:

Also, I want to do some major decluttering, and throw stuff away, and I had called my trash company earlier to order an additional can.....it's only $3.50 a month for another can! I had no idea it was that cheap. Yay!
Those are pretty much the rules we have lived with for the last 6 years. However shredded paper must be bagged and put in the recycle bins.

ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

Jackielou wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:16 pm
Those are pretty much the rules we have lived with for the last 6 years. However shredded paper must be bagged and put in the recycle bins.
Ours will not accept shredded paper for recycling at all, and no recycling can be bagged in any way...not in plastic nor paper. They don't recycle plastic bags of any kind at all.
ohjodi

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

ohjodi wrote:

Its been like that for us always.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

ohjodi wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:19 pm
Ours will not accept shredded paper for recycling at all, and no recycling can be bagged in any way...not in plastic nor paper. They don't recycle plastic bags of any kind at all.
We can take plastic grocery bags to the recepticals in the store.