The Happy Thread!

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
littlemiss63

Re: The Happy Thread!

Post by littlemiss63 »

I get up everyday and "put on my face". That is what my late DH called it! LOL When I was in my late 20's probably about 27 he worked for Mobil Oil in South Dakota and since their main office was in Denver he had to have a home office that his people that he supervised could come to and pick up supplies or they would have their weekly staff meetings there. I never knew who was going to come to my door at anytime during the day and I didn't want to look like a hag so I made sure my hair was combed, my make-up was on and I was dressed. That became a habit after several years and I found that it made me feel better about myself to do this so I've never stopped. I knew I wasn't going anywhere except to pick-up my food order at Wal-mart and wasn't going to see a soul here, but it made me feel good to be dressed, makeup on and ready to do my exercises.

Like several of you regarding burning candles. Mr. B had given me two wonderful apple scented candles for Christmas and without me being in the room at all times I am afraid to leave them burning. However, today I lit one of them, made the decision to not turn on a TV so I would be free of the news. I spent the time in my kitchen and den. Have had a fire since early morning, but let it die down about an hour before I did my errand. I have tempered glass doors and once they are closed there isn't any chance of fire popping out into the room, so I wasn't afraid to leave. I got it started back as soon as I returned and will keep it burning till bed-time. I went to battery-operated candles for safety reasons. They are pretty, but they aren't the same as the scented ones. All of you know that I use essential oils in my diffusers, but I have read that the oils do no good fighting this virus so I'm not going to waste them as expensive as they are.

Mr. B makes me happy and I am so thankful to have him in my life to talk to about all this. That's the one drawback about living alone, you only have yourself to talk to.

Lets face it, we are going through a bad time right now, but all we can do is to take care of ourselves and try to help others if you can. I called my neighbor right across the street to see if she was ok. She has a brain tumor (it's inoperable) but she didn't need anything. I couldn't get it for her, but my SIL could and would. She has a caregiver that comes during the day and she is a younger person, not at risk that can do her shopping for her.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Love this!
Happy that my DS..DDIL...and two DGDs live on the property next to us. We all look out for each other..all the time.
Beautiful clear blue sky today after yesterday's snow.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

My garden makes me happy. I am glad to enjoy daily fresh tomatoes and since I raise butterflies, the constant fluttering of color whenever I go outside.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I just realized that this new morning routine I have established makes me happy. I get up around 6:30 (naturally or with a little help from Hope - no alarm set). I put Hope outside and hit the button on my coffee maker. Light a candle.

I bring Hope in after the coffee is done and have a little quiet time with my candle and delicious coffee before I fire up any technology.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

So many things make me happy.

The quiet of the morning, sunrises, sunsets, coffee, a walk or two, crafts, scented candles, technology, my sons, my husband, and all of you.

I could go on and on, but as long as I am living I will look for happiness in the small things in life. Yesterday I put on my rubber boots and jumped in a puddle or two.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
rinty

Post by rinty »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:57 pm Love this!
Happy that my DS..DDIL...and two DGDs live on the property next to us. We all look out for each other..all the time.
Beautiful clear blue sky today after yesterday's snow.
Oh, Christmastrees that sounds like living the best life !

I got one....................my work WhatsApp group, it is full of sarcastic old bags like myself and it is HYSTERICAL, just what you need right now ! We are also looking out for each other as well, which is lovely x