Easter?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Easter?

Post by alliesmama4 »

I am all set for Easter. A while back, before everything went crazy, I bought a small spiral cut ham at Ruler. I love their little hams.I threw it in the freezer for Easter dinner. I have canned potatoes that I am saving to make potato salad. Also have some frozen veggies or will open a can of green beans and season them with bacon and onion.Dessert to be determined closer to the day also will make muffins or bread depending what sounds good. I even have Easter egg dye and enough eggs to dye them if I decide to do so.
Janet Alliesmama
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

This will be a different holiday season for many. However, I think of the fact that Easter is about hope. A belief that although there is sadness now, Good will return. Passover is similar in that from the darkness of the days in slavery in Egypt, through faith, they will march to freedom and a better life. For those so inclined, this difficult holiday can bring back the real meaning offered by the sacrifices made back then. But just my opinion.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

BevMoore wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:55 pm President Trump thinks this social distancing will all be done by Easter and we can back to business as usual. Say what??? I was notified that our schools here won't start up again until after the summer. Who to believe?? :?: :?: :?:

Bev
Well Bev, I think the President may be wrong.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Dgflorida wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:09 am This will be a different holiday season for many. However, I think of the fact that Easter is about hope. A belief that although there is sadness now, Good will return. Passover is similar in that from the darkness of the days in slavery in Egypt, through faith, they will march to freedom and a better life. For those so inclined, this difficult holiday can bring back the real meaning offered by the sacrifices made back then. But just my opinion.
Thank you! :-)
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

alliesmama4 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:37 am I am all set for Easter. A while back, before everything went crazy, I bought a small spiral cut ham at Ruler. I love their little hams.I threw it in the freezer for Easter dinner. I have canned potatoes that I am saving to make potato salad. Also have some frozen veggies or will open a can of green beans and season them with bacon and onion.Dessert to be determined closer to the day also will make muffins or bread depending what sounds good. I even have Easter egg dye and enough eggs to dye them if I decide to do so.
Janet, good to hear you will be celebrating. You just reminded me - I have given up eating eggs again - BUT - I have 7 eggs in my frige that are expired (I had intended to give them to my parents and forgot) - but I COULD COLOR THEM!! And I do believe I will. Thanks friend!

Charles M. Schultz
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

HappyDaze wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:25 am Janet, good to hear you will be celebrating. You just reminded me - I have given up eating eggs again - BUT - I have 7 eggs in my frige that are expired (I had intended to give them to my parents and forgot) - but I COULD COLOR THEM!! And I do believe I will. Thanks friend!
You are welcome.. Enjoy the season as much you can.
I remember my brother when he was in Vietnam. He said one of the men in his platoon received a small Christmas tree from his parents. He said apparently they did not know or understand that he was not in a barracks. Anyway he said every night after the guy dug his foxhole he would get his Christmas tree out, pull the branches down, and hang the plastic ornaments on it. He said it gave them all a little bit of Christmas cheer. Their theme was," Home is where you dig it." Not sure if they were the original ones to say it but at times it does mean a lot.
Janet Alliesmama