Daily Check In March 26th

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In March 26th

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Shania was pretty sick yesterday, and even this morning is staying in her tent. She did eat a bit overnight though. Hubby thinks it is time as she was meowing so piteously yesterday. Must see if there is any way of taking her to a vet today (some are open for emergencies).

I am catching a cold, just knew that was going to happen. Sinuses are plugged and I have coughed a bit this morning. dang allergies to all the yuck left by melting snow and ice. I suppose that the up and down temperatures we had before this nice stretch hasn't helped. No temperature, I have been monitoring that closely.

I was the last one to enter the churches doors yesterday. I went to fax the papers to youngest DS's doctor. Hand sanitizer used both going in and going out. They have now put a notice out that you are to leave any packages, papers or such on the table and leave. Glad I got there when I did.

Today, I will take my morning walk after getting some laundry started, try and phone the vets, perhaps make some cinnamon buns (trying with regular flour and not bread flour this time), and sew a couple more masks (this time trying a new pattern). Then tonight and perhaps this afternoon I will get some packing done, and finish off the third dishcloth I am making.

I think I just might have loved this social distancing thing if the DS's were still young enough to be home with us. Homeschooling might not have gone well, but we could have watched old movies together, taken nature walks around the block, read stories, and most of all I would be able to see them. Now it is, we will make a quick trip up to visit youngest (and do a few tasks) then home, perhaps a phone call to the oldest while we are there. I wonder if youngest can fix something up so we can all see each other. I need to see that he is doing fine.

We got a dusting of snow last night and by dusting I mean just that. Still the temperature this morning is the lowest it has been in a few days. Still a walk in the quiet of the morning is what sets me up for the day.

Supper this evening is going to be the leftover pork hash from Tuesday and leftover salad from last night. Cinnamon buns for dessert of course.

The joy of watching the sunrise over the top of the valley each and every morning brings me a sense of peace and an all will be well with the world feeling.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

I’m thinking of MrsCreative today because she is having her biopsy. (((Hugs MrsCreative)))

Yes, as Maggie said this would have been the first day of baseball season. In my world, today would have been one of my favorite rummage sales! This coming Sunday was to be a cancer fundraiser with the skater Scott Hamilton at the arena in Tampa where they play hockey. Mostly it was to be local skaters but a few professionals including one of my longtime favorites, Ekaterina Gordeeva. Tickets were only $15. In the cancellation email they said refunds were available or you could hold your ticket for rescheduling. I’m keeping my ticket.

I’ve been out to water plants on my patio, fill the bird feeder and pick up mail. Probably I won’t need to do laundry today. I’ll file my financial paperwork sitting on a table in my bedroom and do some other bedroom zone work.

The book about Mrs. Lincoln and her dressmaker is dry so far. It is a history complete with footnotes, not a novel. I’ll give it a bit more of a chance today so we’ll see.

I’m looking forward to a fun TV show starting Friday on Prime. Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn’s new show similar to Project Runway will launch after what seems like forever.

Stay safe.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Jackielou wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:38 am
Good morning fellow frugalites,

Shania was pretty sick yesterday, and even this morning is staying in her tent. She did eat a bit overnight though. Hubby thinks it is time as she was meowing so piteously yesterday. Must see if there is any way of taking her to a vet today (some are open for emergencies).

I am catching a cold, just knew that was going to happen. Sinuses are plugged and I have coughed a bit this morning. dang allergies to all the yuck left by melting snow and ice. I suppose that the up and down temperatures we had before this nice stretch hasn't helped. No temperature, I have been monitoring that closely.

I was the last one to enter the churches doors yesterday. I went to fax the papers to youngest DS's doctor. Hand sanitizer used both going in and going out. They have now put a notice out that you are to leave any packages, papers or such on the table and leave. Glad I got there when I did.

Today, I will take my morning walk after getting some laundry started, try and phone the vets, perhaps make some cinnamon buns (trying with regular flour and not bread flour this time), and sew a couple more masks (this time trying a new pattern). Then tonight and perhaps this afternoon I will get some packing done, and finish off the third dishcloth I am making.

I think I just might have loved this social distancing thing if the DS's were still young enough to be home with us. Homeschooling might not have gone well, but we could have watched old movies together, taken nature walks around the block, read stories, and most of all I would be able to see them. Now it is, we will make a quick trip up to visit youngest (and do a few tasks) then home, perhaps a phone call to the oldest while we are there. I wonder if youngest can fix something up so we can all see each other. I need to see that he is doing fine.

We got a dusting of snow last night and by dusting I mean just that. Still the temperature this morning is the lowest it has been in a few days. Still a walk in the quiet of the morning is what sets me up for the day.

Supper this evening is going to be the leftover pork hash from Tuesday and leftover salad from last night. Cinnamon buns for dessert of course.

The joy of watching the sunrise over the top of the valley each and every morning brings me a sense of peace and an all will be well with the world feeling.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
I hope this isn’t the end for Shania. I’ll say a prayer for her. (((Hugs to you Jackie)))

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

I too woke up at 3:00 AM. Was doing my daily thing on my computer when it went out. I live in a rural area and can only use a satellite dish. Yesterday a company that I deal with tried to send me an e-mail 6 times and it did not show up for hours. I assume it is due to an overload due to so many people using it more.

I was up, dressed, and out of the house by 5:30 AM to take my trash to my neighbors. Then decided to go for a ride in to town to check on the local grocery stores. They have early morning hours from 6:00 AM to 8:00 AM for seniors and disabled people. They have two stores in my area. The parking lot at one of them was packed and the other still had too many people to come in contact with. So I will continue to use up what I have at home and be careful with how I use it.

I came home and was cooking sausage and decided I needed to go to the restroom. I just happened to see something out of the corner of my eye. It was a coyote!!. A big one! It was coming up out of the woods behind my house. It then went to the apple tree and stood around as if looking for something and sniffing. I was horrified. I have only once seen a coyote this close to my house and it was the dead of winter and at night time. I was able to see it due to a full moon and snow on the ground. We had had a really rough winter that year. The scary thing is that I allow Teddi to go out during the day on his own and just keep an occasional eye on him to make sure he is not on the road or close to the road.. The area where I saw the coyote is Teddi's usual hanging out spot. So from now on he will have to go out on a leash with me. He can no longer run free. I have always gone out with him at night but not on a leash but from now on he is going to be under close supervision. Feel sorry for him since the weather is going to be nice today and he would have enjoyed being outside so much on his own sniffing and exploring. If I had not gone to the bathroom I would not have be aware of the danger until it was maybe too late.

Jackie hope Shania is going to be ok. However do what is necessary for her sake. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Janet Alliesmama

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

I had trouble sleeping during the night, I got up and got an ice pack.Then I was able to fall asleep. So I am tired today.

Even though the run-off election has been postponed I have put in a request for an absentee ballot.

Today I plan on making chicken soup today. I took the broth out of the freezer yesterday. I have carrots and rice.

Staying in my apartment is boring. I am doing my best to keep busy. I go out to check my mail daily. I rarely see anybody else except from a distance. Yesterday I went out early to mail my absentee ballot. I did walk about around the front of the building.

Somehow I misplaced 2 circular needles, so this morning I will be looking for those needles. I need to figure out which needle will give me the best fabric for my granddaughter’s Moebius Scarf.

Penny

jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good late morning all!

Jackie, praying for Shania and all of you.

Must have been the night for "night eating" something I never do but last night woke up and thought I was starving...ate 4 buttered crackers and went back to bed...Whats up with that??? :?

Slept hard but have a few aches and pains this AM, hard work aches that will go away. I have my list made and will be working outside again as much as possible.
It is sunny and supposed to warm up here in a bit, rain expected but that will force me in to do house stuff.

Janet, be aware that the coyote was smelling where Teddi has been...and that coyote knows he is there somewhere, they are smart animals. We have all kinds of trouble with them here. There is a group of coyote hunters here that will "take care" of them. They kill baby cows and sheep around here so are hunted.

I am so anxious to start my "camper work" but have to be satisfied with making lists and assembling totes with the equipment that I already own...but it something to look forward to.

Supper with be a combo of leftovers, salad and crackers. Cookies if wanted for a sweet.

Todays frugal tip: start with a list, stay focused and give yourself a pat on the back...we are doing great!!!

stay safe, stay calm...be positive.

JCKItty