Daily Check In March 27th

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily Check In March 27th

Post by jckitty »

Gayle, can you get a forbearance on your heloc or mortgage? I think if any one deserves it, it would be you.

Supper over, I marinated boneless pork chops in raspberry vinaigrette, maple syrup and herbs and spices... then I broiled them in my toaster oven....best I have ever made, or maybe I just appreciate being able to have them. Baked potatoes hit the spot, I load mine with everything! I think I have enough salad for 1 more day.. then if we want any I will have to go to the store....

Jackie, glad your trip was good....I have this awful feeling you are correct about the depression/recession.
I am planting a garden this year, more for other people but it makes me feel like I am doing something...

My back is a little achy, pond cleaning and garage cleaning are to blame LOL ;)

JCKitty

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

jckitty wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:19 pm
Gayle, can you get a forbearance on your heloc or mortgage? I think if any one deserves it, it would be you.

Supper over, I marinated boneless pork chops in raspberry vinaigrette, maple syrup and herbs and spices... then I broiled them in my toaster oven....best I have ever made, or maybe I just appreciate being able to have them. Baked potatoes hit the spot, I load mine with everything! I think I have enough salad for 1 more day.. then if we want any I will have to go to the store....

Jackie, glad your trip was good....I have this awful feeling you are correct about the depression/recession.
I am planting a garden this year, more for other people but it makes me feel like I am doing something...

My back is a little achy, pond cleaning and garage cleaning are to blame LOL ;)

JCKitty
This sounds good and simple enough that even I could do it. I don’t normally buy pork chops but I do like them. Probably unavailable but I’ll put them on my list.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

On an upbeat note I got an e-mail from my mutual fund company predicting that it will be a quick recession with no mention of a depression. Tomorrow I’ll watch the video they sent and see if it makes sense.

Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

gaylejackson2 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:57 am
Dearest friends,

First off: Janet (alliesmama), THANK YOU for your reminder a few minutes ago to come post here.
Second, Rinty dear: I'm sooo sorry to make you fret. Wholly unintentional.
Thirdly, I have not read anyone's post today, nor for much of the week, and I apologize for not coming on here sooner. I HAVE thought of you all often however.
-----
Sometimes I feel like you all on here are my ONLY friends, though in my sad little heart of hearts I know this to be untrue.

Today I awoke about 4:30am. well that is when I crawled out of my bed after actually sleeping, w/o any medication help, for 5-6 hours. I had decided it was time to write down some thoughts that had been circulating in my head for a couple of days, since Wednesday evening when Dh unloaded all of his anger with life & me on me... and did so again last night, but to a much lesser extent. (I'm debating about repeating all of that in my Cancer journal here on MFH, but as you all have heard most of the rest, sure why not, just later as I'm currently typing on my desktop computer and all of those notes are on my phone.) So two hours went by while I wrote my thoughts in my phone from events of the past two days--I'm still processing them and feel grumpy & anxious.
**Two additional thoughts: 1-worry makes him grumpy & stressed out, 2-he deosn';t like feeling that way so lashes out at whomever is close, usually me.

Wednesday was my 3rd therapist appointment, I left feeling a bit out of sorts with her as she wanted to discuss Romans 8, and I wanted to vent about my life & hubby more--maybe her idea was better as I understand Jesus Christ better with his in-dwelling and us. Still I was disgruntled about it until dh had his big blowup (which started by him wanting to tell me that all the money that people had given us since Aug 2019 Was Gone, but that is a whole other story for later).

Dogs got to go out, so will come back to finish in a minute. Nope, just kidding.. dogs DID NOT need to pee. dogs wanted to chase some unknown black/white collie-looking dog who was at neighbor's house. Thank goodness they were both still wearing their shock collars, which sadly I HAD to shock them both to get them to come back--usually they will both obey at the beep tone, though sometimes not until the vibration. (dang now I feel grumpy, well grumpier.)

Need to go do errands, I was going to leave about Right Now, but no kids are awake yet. So I'll type here then go eat breakfast. Gotta go battle with my bank, well ask them to refund a bunch of my most recent overdraft charges so the rest of my hair doesn't turn silver in my attempts to squeeze every last penny I have in order to keep ahead of my spendthrift spouse.

Okay I'm Feeling REALLY Bitter today, can you tell, so I'm going to get off as quickly as I can, because if I start venting (more than I am now), I'm also going to scream & cry. I'm hoping to take a walk later today just so I can verbally vent.

Knitting & sewing will be my frugal entertainment, especially as Dh will likely be home around lunchtime to spew more of his vituperative vitriol at me, and I'm hoping to hide in basement doing something relatively constructive.
Have Not yet started sewing masks, but that will change today.

Dinner will be either Tamale Pie or Turkey stew-turkey is leftover from Sunday when dh cooked a giant 30+ pound turkey.

Yesterday I made 4 loaves GF bread, 1-1/4 of which disappeared at dinner. I mixed up another full container of GF flour as I already used most of one to make cookies & gf biscuits on my leftover-stew-pot-pie for Wednesday night & bread yesterday (had just mixed up the most recent batch on Monday afternoon i think).

DD9 & ds12 have piano today, just talked to their teacher about that an hour ago--they wash well before going there & coming home, so far we all are fine.

I'm digging deep to find joy & gratitude in my life, but am having a harder time finding much lately. Just children who bickering a lot lately (no school now until may 1st--I don't think they will be going back to full-time school in a physical building until next school year, or June 1st), 3 brave little daffodils in my front yard... even my usual crafting loves are not much joy right now, maybe because I haven't been doing them much.
Gayle, as you can see I didn't read the previous posts until now. I am at a loss for words my friend! Hugs to you from me. I am very concerned about your emotional well being and please continue to reach out for help.

ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

gaylejackson2 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:36 pm
Well, I think that sometimes you just have to eat stuff like that, not all the time though!!

However that's stupid thought too... I have been eating LOTS of sugary & chocolatey foods since Nov 6 2019 (when my chemo started) because I'm REALLY struggling with constipation.
Fig newtons always helped me! As will this 1/2 pint of chocolate brownie ice cream I finished off earlier, lol

Cream of wheat, Malt-o-meal, or Cocoa Wheats also work well. It doesn't move things suddenly, but efficiently.
ohjodi

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

ohjodi wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:07 pm
Fig newtons always helped me! As will this 1/2 pint of chocolate brownie ice cream I finished off earlier, lol

Cream of wheat, Malt-o-meal, or Cocoa Wheats also work well. It doesn't move things suddenly, but efficiently.
I’ve been eating Milk Duds and Nestlé dark chocolate chips, plus any other gluten-free treats I can find. 😉