Daily Check In March 28th

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check In March 28th

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

I am going to try the Walmart order pickup. LittleMiss, thank you for the tips. I was able to get a slot late tomorrow afternoon. I could have picked an earlier slot and now think I may have made a mistake because more stuff might be unavailable late in the day. We’ll see. I can change my order until 8 am tomorrow morning from what I understand but I’ll try to finalize and check out this evening. I’m ordering a number of bagged salads and salad mixes. I wonder about the dates but will give it a go. I have about $65 in my cart now so if things are unavailable I won’t fall below $30.

I already have good supplies of most of the basics in food and paper products. I don’t use much bread and have one loaf in the freezer and one in the refrigerator that I’m using. So I looked at bread. Slim pickings except basic white bread but I was able to get pita bread which I like. I looked to see if they had fresh chicken. No. But I have enough in my freezer.

I’ll go out now to get yesterday’s mail. I’ve been letting mail sit for a day. It irks me that people/businesses are still sending junk mail. Two+ years later I’m still getting “we want to buy your house” letters from the vultures.

Pippi threw up yesterday on the bedroom carpet. I didn’t see it until close to bedtime. I cleaned it up but will use the spray carpet cleaner today. That’s my first chore. Pippi seems fine.

Stay safe and don’t go stir crazy.

HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Hello Again Friends,

So much for not popping back into the forum - it has been pouring down rain here since before daylight and it's a cold, hard rain. My plan to work in the garage - well, it's COLD out there. Who am I kidding = it's cold IN here - but I'm "speaking" with you from my cozy bed, the dogs wrapped up in blankets next to me.

I did get my sign for the mail carrier made. I used a piece of drawing paper from my sketch book - drew some tiny flowers all over it and wrote "Thank you for bringing the mail. We appreciate you. Have a safe, blessed and beautiful day." Did that, but haven't taken it out to the porch yet.

Baked a loaf of "sunshine bread" (a quick bread recipe featuring fruit juice and raisins) and just took that out of the oven. My plan was for muffins - but the plan changed. I MUST NOT sit here in bed all day - I MUST get up, get dressed, bundle up, grab my umbrella and take a walk -- and I will -- but later.

I haven't slept well in about two weeks and I think I just need the MOST restful day - and what better than a rainy day for that? Happy Saturday Friends!

Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning all,

I woke up early as usual but refrained from turning on the news. You can only take so much of that! I did my sanitizing to door knobs, light switches and cupboard handles routine and sprayed the kitchen table and counters down with vinegar. Dh put some drain clearing liquid down the kitchen sink as it's starting to get a little plugged. He then cleaned out the sinks and washed up some grapes.

Dh took the laundry basket down to the basement for me and I have already washed three loads, have one load drying on racks and one load still in the dryer. I have prepared a potato leek soup, which is cooking on the stove right now.

Not too much planned for today. I will need to make up our bed with clean sheets and finish up the laundry. I may do the good copy of dd2's income tax return and check my mathematical calculations. Aside from that it will be ME time! Will probably waste a lot of time on the computer, read my Apple book, watch tv and plan to check out Jamie Oliver on Facebook. I love curry and think we still have a can of coconut milk in the pantry. And of course as usual will go out for a walk this afternoon. I have hardly seen any cars on our street. People are definitely staying home here.

Creative

littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Morning Everyone,

I haven't done a daily check-in much this week, but have been thinking about all of you and have come on to keep up with everyone.

First of all let me say how wonderful it was to see Aunt Bridget posting. So glad that you and your DS are doing well and don't stay away so long, we miss you.

Rinty, I can just visualize your garden and you out there enjoying it. Had to laugh about the nappies for Tom. It's things like this in life that are so important that we never think about.

Logics, I understand how relaxing your coloring is, I've gotten hooked on the coloring apps that I can load to my phone and I love them. It's got to be more rewarding when you select the colors you will apply to your coloring.

Gayle, my heart just aches for you. I had thought after you got sick that your husband would perhaps change the way that he treated you. I have seen instances where it's changed people when faced with not having the other one around, but it doesn't sound like it's phased him. You don't deserve this and I hope your therapist can give you the help that you need to either live with it or solve it. (((Hugs)))) my sweet woman and I pray that it gets better for you. I've never faced anything like this so it's hard to say what I would do or wouldn't do, but I think I know. Just glad that I had a husband that would never have dreamed to be unkind to me.

Jackie, you are such a good Mom. I would sure talk him DS into coming home with you and Harvey until he is well again. It would make life so much easier for all three of you.

FloridaCat, I hope your first experience will be a good one for pick-up. Please be sure and share it with us and what you think.

Woke up this morning to a beautiful sunny day and I have plans to accomplish a lot. Just enjoyed two "Egg in the Hole", jelly and orange juice for a nice breakfast. I will be going shortly to one of the rentals to paint doors and woodwork. Once that is finished it will be ready to rent. I don't want to physically interact with anyone, so am figuring out a way to show it. I have a girl who is interested. I will go there, unlock it, get into my car and she can go in and look at it. We can both be on our phones if she has questions. Should she decide to rent it I will have left contracts & paperwork that I need her to sign on the Kitchen counter and I will then go in and sign, leaving copies for her. I have already told her that she needs to have her deposit money (cash or check) in an envelope so I don't have to touch it. We've laughed about all the precautions, but she is in healthcare so she understands and agrees wholly.

I was able to pick up more staples at my Kroger store yesterday. I now feel perfectly satisfied that I have enough staples, meat and eggs in my house to survive at least a month. The only thing that they couldn't fill yesterday was sugar. I have 3 or 4 pounds and that is something that I can do without and will ration what I have until I can catch it in stock again. It has now been three weeks since I have been inside a store.

I had three prescriptions yesterday to pick up at WalMart. When they texted me that they were ready they had a note on there that said check with your pharmacist about other options. I called mine and he told me that since I was in the "at risk" group that they would bring them to my car. Had to be credit or debit card only, they told me exactly where to park. Between the garden center and store and to call when I got there. Description of the car that I would be driving. All of those instructions were followed and in less than 10 minutes I was finished. They came on the passenger side, gloved and masked, hand you the remote credit card machine and once it's approved sign your name for you. My daughter could have gone and picked them up, but this saved her a trip and I am trying to make it as easy as I can for her. I took the precaution too, of mask and gloves so I feel very safe with the interaction. I have a box of gloves in the compartment of my car.

I have something else to report as well before I get off here and really begin my day. After almost 7 months, next Thursday at 6:00 AM I am to be at the hospital to have this Port removed. I'm a little apprehensive about going to the hospital, but I am sure they are taking every precaution in the world to keep us safe and I will be in and out in 30 minutes. This has been a day I have been dreaming of. All of you please keep me in your prayers during this procedure.

Everyone have a beautiful day and stay safe.

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

I used several ice packs last night and I slept much better. I was able to sleep in until 6:15 this morning. The longest I have slept at night in several days.

Yesterday knitting hurt. I suspect nerve pain in my left arm. As the symptoms were the same as when this flared a while back. The ice packs to my upper back and neck helps. In fact it is the only thing that relieves this pain.

I have no plans for the day, other than to go out this afternoon to check my mail.

I do need to try and mend a hole in one of my new towels. I am going to zig zag around the hole. This will prevent it from getting bigger. This is no time to buy a new towel.

I have to empty the dish drainer mostly pots and pans, along with big bowls etc.

Penny

AuntBridget

Post by AuntBridget »

Good Morning everyone !

Not exactly sure what the day holds for me
I had a list of things I wanted to get done, mostly in the kitchen, but it has been dark and rainy here so far, so that has kind of zapped my motivation.

Hubby is once again at work. He went in at 7:30 this morning and will hopefully be off by 8 this evening. I will probably hold off on making dinner til later this evening so that whatever I make will still me warm when he gets home.

One thing I need to do for sure today is to write a letter to my cousin's widow. She is in a care center in Kansas. I don't think she gets many visitors during normal times, so I try to keep in touch with her via mail. Perhaps I will go through my stash of greeting cards and see if I have an Easter one I can send.

Off to do some more reading on the forum..... I have missed out on so much during my time away.

Hugs to you all, and thank you for welcoming me back
Aunt Bridget