Daily Check In March 28th

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check In March 28th

Post by floridacatlover »

Update.

When I left my house to pick up mail, I found a long-stemmed pink rose on my entry sidewalk. A realtor card was attached but not a vulture, a regular Coldwell Banker realtor. It made me smile and I have it in my bedroom. I found the gal’s email address and sent her a Thank You and said I’d hold onto her card, which I will.

Speaking of Thank You, I’m going to put a cardboard Thank You note to the Walmart workers in my trunk where they’ll place my groceries tomorrow.

I can relate to those of you sleeping poorly. I seem to sleep OK but I’m sometimes on edge. I still have some of the “Fake Xanax” (generic) for anxiety that my doctor prescribed after mom died. This is a refill so not expired. I have about 40 tablets and took one today and on two other days. The Rx allows two per day but I almost always only take one. I’m glad I have them.

I walked along a main road for my walk today and there was still a lot of traffic. I won’t go that direction again. Too jarring.

In all I’ve had a pretty good day. Pippi is snuggled up aside of me right now, “in my pocket” as I call it.

Take care.
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

floridacatlover wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:11 pm
Speaking of Thank You, I’m going to put a cardboard Thank You note to the Walmart workers in my trunk where they’ll place my groceries tomorrow.
I am so anxious to see how you like the service, so please post about your experience. I hadn't thought about putting a sign in the back, but I thank them through my closed window and they will send you a survey after your transaction is completed, or least mine does. I would bet they do this nation-wide to see how they can improve.

What a clever Real-Estate Agent, that would sure make me remember one who did that in this day of stress and unbelief.
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

floridacatlover wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:59 am Good morning friends.

I am going to try the Walmart order pickup. LittleMiss, thank you for the tips. I was able to get a slot late tomorrow afternoon. I could have picked an earlier slot and now think I may have made a mistake because more stuff might be unavailable late in the day. We’ll see. I can change my order until 8 am tomorrow morning from what I understand but I’ll try to finalize and check out this evening.

There's no way to guess when they are shopping your order. When I did the online orders at the store I worked at, some orders were shopped and stored a day or two ahead of the pickup/delivery time. I'm sure walmart isn't able to do that with how crazy things are right now, lol They might be doing a lot of the pickup orders during the overnight shift, when there aren't customers in the store.
ohjodi
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

littlemiss63 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:49 pm I am so anxious to see how you like the service, so please post about your experience. I hadn't thought about putting a sign in the back, but I thank them through my closed window and they will send you a survey after your transaction is completed, or least mine does. I would bet they do this nation-wide to see how they can improve.

What a clever Real-Estate Agent, that would sure make me remember one who did that in this day of stress and unbelief.
Well I’ve run into a glitch. My pickup time was cancelled. It said it expired. I’m thinking I was supposed to select my items and check out earlier today. I thought it said by 8 a.m. tomorrow but when I added a few things just now and was going to check out it gave me the expiration notice. All times for tomorrow are filled. Thankfully I’m in no rush so I’ll try to get a time for Monday tomorrow morning as early as possible and check out right away. I’m glad that I’m not desperate and that I’m doing this now.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good Evening,

Well, I finally got dressed at 5:00 and walked the dogs - first Hope for an hour and then Lucy for an hour - they are exhausted - which is good for me! I did not have the roasted vegetables I had planned for supper - I would have starved to death waiting for them to cook. I sliced some cabbage and sauteed it and wrapped it in a couple of whole wheat tortillas and it was delicious - and fast!

Back in my pajamas, back in bed. The dogs are out for the night - well worth walking for 2 hours in the cold rain. Poor dogs, I think they pick up on my less than ideal mood and getting out seemed to not only tire them out, but make them feel happier. Ditto for me.

I have no plans for tomorrow but I do have to "get it together" as I'm working in the office on Monday - YAYYYYY!!!

I hope you all have a peaceful night filled with good sleep.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

We came back from youngest DS's today. Good thing we did as oldest DS had some excitement. There was a strange vehicle parked behind his house with two guys in it.

Of course we all jumped to the conclusion that they were there because of his undercover work unmasking Neo Nazi participants. So we had a tense 45 minutes or so. He has video of them arriving and leaving which he plans on sharing with the police. He has promised to be extra vigilant over the next few days.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/