Daily check in March 29, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
itspennyc

Re: Daily check in March 29, 2020

Post by itspennyc »

I didn't sleep well last night, discovered this morning that I forgot to take my bedtime medications.

So I am very tired today.

No plans for the day, except putter.

Penny

jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

Sheila your dog verses cat story cracks me up....What does Hope think she is going to do with that cat IF she could get it? She would probably end up scratched if it is a stray. Silly dog.

Up and watching My Sunday Morning show....chickens are out and happy although it is extremely windy....they will eat and hunker down under their elevated coop.

Jackie, I continue to pray for your son(s)

I cut the semi thawed fresh ham into thirds, refroze 2 packages and have the last piece marinating for roasting this afternoon. Will be thinly sliced for serving as is or sandwiches.

Gayle, get out and walk...and if you are wearing your mask you can vent and talk things thru....with yourself. I go outside and talk to myself all the time, sometimes I talk to my mom and dad, it's very comforting to me.

I am having my allergies act up, runny nose and and some sneezing, no doubt brought on by cleaning the pond and garage. Any other time I wouldn't think about it but at this time...I don't want to go around anyone and scare them. I know its allergies but they don't.

It is very windy but the sun is trying to come out....I hope it does.

Frugal tip of the day: Mason jars and saved jars from other foods make great storage containers.

Stay safe, stay calm, and be positive.

JCKitty

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

HappyDaze wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:09 am
Good Morning Friends. I finally slept properly and long! I feel like a new person today.

The rain continues. Dogs have been out and I'm having coffee, starting to think about breakfast.

I have placed an order from Amazon - vegan protein powder, dog treats, potato chips and a large bag of dry cat food. The cat food is temporarily out of stock but I'm planning ahead and have plenty for now. I want to avoid a trip to the store - any store - for as long as I possibly can. I am not near any stores that I can order from and then pick up my order - so ... Amazon.

The best part is, I paid for the whole order - $56.11 - using my Amazon gift card money I got from doing surveys. In case you ever wondered, Amazon does not have any toilet paper.

I hope to get outside and sweep my porch, replace my St. Patrick's Day decoration with an Easter decoration, etc. today - in spite of the rain. And also walk the dogs. I felt SO. MUCH. BETTER. after I finally got myself outside yesterday - I should not have waited so long.

Hope is having a whining FIT because there's a cat in the cellar and it is sticking its paw under the door and into the kitchen, taking swipes at Hope - just having fun I think - but Hope is tortured, lol. I keep a draft stopper in front of the cellar door year-round, but of course Hope has moved it on account of wanting to get to the cat.

Off to do some surveys, etc. while I enjoy more coffee and breakfast. I wish you all a beautiful Sunday.
That is too funny about Hope whining because of a cat in your cellar. 😂😂

Our pups Blue & Magnus sit at our French doors all day watching for cats to come through the yard. 😂😂Magnus also loves to watch ds17’s spotted leopard gecko lizard—who seems to enjoy bumping the tank glass just to see M jump. 😁
Last edited by gaylejackson2 on Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Sheila great frugal move with the buys from Amazon. I indulge in things when I am using my gift cards from surveys and I have been known to buy chips too. Enjoy your free things.
Janet Alliesmama

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Well I got a little more sleep, until my alarm went off at 8am.

Dsis has msg’d me about if I can sell her some Norwex kitchen towels & envirocloths. The Envirocloths I have plenty of, but I don't think I have anymore kitchen towel sets (☹️), so will have to check with fellow consultants around—I think Norwex has temporarily closed their US warehouse. Hmm...

Dh & I have discussed having steaks with mushroom sauce for dinner... no matter to me which meat he choose, we have plenty of choices in our deep freeze—which is a tremendous blessing in the panicked buying economy at the grocery store. (Which has ramped up again due the one case of covid19 being discovered in my town 2 days ago.)

32F at 8am, but supposed to rise to 48F today. I just checked the 10-day forecast, and all those previously predicted 60’s have gone away to be replaced by mid 50’s with a 46F day on next Wednesday. Oh well, temps are still rising though.

May you all have a lovely day. I’m going to enjoy knitting on my temp blanket today.

Edited to add: I just signed up for Aaron & Erin’s email newsletter as I noticed the tab above next to the “shop,” and “Facebook” tabs.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. We have sun and mild temp going up to about 64 F but we have have strong wind too so feels much cooler. I think the sustained wind is 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.

I am going to make a meatloaf with instant mashed potatoes for dinner. Also I am going to roast some hostas. This is my first time trying them. They say you can treat them like you would asparagus. I will coat them in olive oil with salt and pepper and then add balsamic vinegar when I eat them. I hope they are as tasty as they claim. A baked apple with cinnamon will make for a nice dessert.

Jackie keeping your DS in my thoughts and prayers for his safety.

Gayle keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for all of your problems..((hug)) You deserve better.

Also keeping everyone in my prayers for your various concerns.

Take care everyone.
Janet Alliesmama