Daily check in March 29, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily check in March 29, 2020

Post by alliesmama4 »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:15 pm Hostas? Like the decorative yard plant?
Yes the kind that you grow in your yard. You can cut 50% of the shoots before they unfurl and eat them. In Japan they actually grow them as a food crop. The only thing is you have to make sure you are not spraying them with chemicals and they are not near chemicals like lawn care. I went out to check on them today thinking they were sprouting but turns out the green I was seeing from a distance was a weed of somesort..lol. So green beans instead with dinner tonight.
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

No trouble at oldest DS's last night, we will be calling him later.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Jackielou wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:05 pm Update

No trouble at oldest DS's last night, we will be calling him later.
Good to know Jackie, thank you for the update.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
rinty

Post by rinty »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:10 pm Yes the kind that you grow in your yard. You can cut 50% of the shoots before they unfurl and eat them. In Japan they actually grow them as a food crop. The only thing is you have to make sure you are not spraying them with chemicals and they are not near chemicals like lawn care. I went out to check on them today thinking they were sprouting but turns out the green I was seeing from a distance was a weed of somesort..lol. So green beans instead with dinner tonight.
I did NOT know hostas were edible ! Thank you for that. I do love growing them, they are gorgeous x