Daily Check In March 31st

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ohjodi

Re: Daily Check In March 31st

Post by ohjodi »

The Marsh Family...Le Miserables "One Day"

This is great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdcS0Nbo7Ng&feature=youtu.be
ohjodi
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

That was great Jodi. But my favorite are the dance offs. Here is one of my favorites. I just love to see families having fun together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOjwAL9Docg
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

Good Afternoon!

I notice others have had a hard time sleeping well, too. I did better these last two nights, mainly because I've been turning the ringer off on the phone, lol I've been trying to go to bed earlier....I'm often up until 4am or as late as 8am. That's from working 2nd shift most of my life.

I was talking to my neighbor from our porches, earlier. She had broken the water tank on her CPAP machine, and a new one would take 2 weeks to get here. !!! The local medical supply place is closed (how is that not a necessary business to remain open? ) LUCKILY, I had my own new CPAP supplies delivered over a week ago, including the tank, and she has the same CPAP machine. The new tank was still in it's box, still in the shipping box. So I gave her my new tank, and she'll give me hers when it finally gets here. I'll leave hers to sit for at least a week before I open it, so this should be safe. I'll suggest to her that she keep a set of old supplies on hand in case anything happens to the current ones. I asked how long she's had a CPAP, she said not quite a year. So likely the tank she broke was her first one.

While poking around my disorganized house (I was always super organized at my jobs, but why not at home ??) I found a whole, new bottle of 70% alcohol, and the thermometer! lol I'd been using my kitchen probe thermometer for taking my temps LOL

So, good day, here!

Last week I had ordered 12 gallons of distilled water delivered from Puritan Springs here in town, rather than search all over town for it, when it was sold out of at least two stores. For my CPAP machine. Yesterday, they showed up with 12 more gallons! Noooo, I'm sorry, I told the guy, that was not to be a weekly delivery lol But my neighbor lady was outside, bought 4 of the gallons, and set herself up for regular spring water and distilled delivery. So the delivery guy's trip wasn't wasted.

Mind you, this is after the same neighbor told me last week that she'd rather hunt down distilled water around town than to pay the extra for Puritan Springs (the delivery is free). I told her that I'm tired of dragging home gallons for years, don't want to hunt around town during the plague, and frankly I'm lazy anyway. Turns out, she couldn't find distilled water all week.

So that's what I've been up to......keeping the neighbor lady from dying in her sleep, so she can die of the plague, instead, I guess!!
ohjodi
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello friends,

I have been assembling fabric to make cloth masks over the past couple of days only to discover I cut them too skinny. Pooey!! I’ll just use those 40+ for myself I guess.

I sorted out more fabric today, some washed (which is now cut up) and some not-which I edged & tossed into washing machine. I’ll iron them tonight & tomorrow before cutting.

Regarding the conversation trending on my cancer thread, am still praying. **Edited to add: It weighs heavy on my mind, so respectfully I’m asking ya’ll to drop the subject for the time being. I do appreciate the advice given.**

My kids are going crazy over the longer isolation, which means this Mom is too. I’ve been staying offline to avoid more coronavirus hoopla, which makes me feel anxious.

Speaking of kids, I’ve resorted to bribing them to do their school lessons.

I need to get back to knitting & spinning to calm myself—haven't done either in over a week.

Dinner is leftover turkey-green bean stew & Gf corn bread.
Last edited by gaylejackson2 on Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good evening everyone.

I haven’t read anyone’s previous posts. I’m afraid I have some upsetting news to share. The results of my biopsy was malignant. I’m seeing an oncologist this Friday and he will be investing investigating to see if it has spread to the lymph nodes under the armpit area. I have no idea at this point what treatment options will be offered.
Last edited by frugalaaron on Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: replaced with author's intended word
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Meant investigating