Daily Check In April 1st

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
rinty

Daily Check In April 1st

Post by rinty »

Good Morning !

rinty

Re: Daily Check In April 1st

Post by rinty »

Hey,

Tossed and turned and didn't sleep well. I have been thrown for a loop re work not needing me............well, I should be thrilled that they are being kind and putting us in groups and that they decided that, as DH is older and has his health problems, I don't come in.

But I wanted to be Useful ! Apparently there is stuff I can do at home so I will put my should to the wheel on that " and here are some course you can work on for your Professional development ! "

Anyway. I am on the list for the care company DS home is part of. If they need me, I abandon here and stay up there. That would mean taking unpaid leave from my job but they said okay.

Today I shop from the Very Rigid List. Don't have a mask but will wear a scarf, I do have gloves.

Hope you guys managed to watch The Marsh Family singing ONE MORE DAY, its on Facebook, YouTube, its everywhere. They are so nice, I saw them interviewed on the BBC.

Meals all planned. DS would apparently kill for Chicken Kiev, well , good luck on that score. Don't tell me I could make one............that's like homemade chicken nuggets, yes you CAN make them but he ain't eating them. Thank goodness his diet is as broad as it is , frankly.

Today DH wanst to make a soup, this has been working as its fills you up and you use LESS making a main meal. Its frozen from the allotment veg . I did suggest a corn chowder. We grow a LOT of sweetcorn on the allotment, more than we can ever eat and give away.

Yoghurts need using up.

Jackie, sa wyou had lost half a stone, go you ! :) I am not surprised , youhave been running hither and yon re poor old DS. You are a fab mum x

ANYWAY, yesterday when looking for craft room stash to share amongst grandbabies I unearthed a large card I was given by the children in my class last year. Its REALLY big, a design of a Rainbow and a Heart with big lettering saying THANK YOU. DH agrees , perfect for the windows thanking the NHS nurses and doctors so that will get stuck in the front window today.

Stay safe all x

LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

rinty wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:49 am

Today I shop from the Very Rigid List. Don't have a mask but will wear a scarf, I do have gloves.

Stay safe all x
Never thought of a scarf . . . good idea. Found a You Tube video on how to make a mask using a paper towel, but I like the scarf idea way better.

rinty

Post by rinty »

DH found one design for a mask made up of rolling a pair of boxer shorts around your head :shock:

He modelled this one and we laughed til we cried .

( If anyone is REALLY suffering from cabin fever I recommend this as a stress reliever )

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning Rinty and all to come,

I slept better last night. Woke up once but was able to go back to sleep. Did get to Facetime with DS1 & family. The 3YO likes to press his finger over the camera, he also hangs up doing that. I reached out to DS2. He gave me a minimal reply, but I did text him during class time.

I cut out some masks from a more fitted pattern than the pleated rectangle. Then I get a Facebook message from an Aunt asking if I was making any. LOL. I have plenty of quilting scraps. I have a package of 3/8" elastic and after that is gone I have 1/4" & 1/2" ribbon. If I still have a need, I can sew strips.

I have a load of towels and unwashed fabric in the washer.

I got a call confirming my podiatrist appt Thursday. I am surprised, but the times I have been there, it has not been busy, so I am not too concerned. I think they will take good care of me. I made an appointment to give blood next Tuesday. I mentioned to my Mom about it and she said. "Both your Dad and I were told years ago that we could not give blood" Something about a disorder they had. Sigh. The reason I have never given blood in my 53 years in spite of the fact that ex worked at the blood center for several years. My mentioned that the doctor who told her that was the same doctor that had delivered both her and all her kids. I said "Well, I'll bet the technology has advance since then."

Have a great day,
Maggie

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning Maggie and all,

A chilly morning in Florida. Temperatures in the high 60's headed down most of the day. I may cook inside if the house temperature drops a lot. I don't anticipate that for today, but certainly cook inside tomorrow if this predicted chill continues.

I didn't get as much done as I hoped yesterday. The winds heralding this cold front were blustery and strong, up near 20 mph. I don't do windy days. That is a promise of a head cold. No. thank you. So after securing the yard, I hid away the rest of the day. But a good day to contact old friends by phone or messenger chat to see how they were doing. One was laid off and had applied for unemployment. Another was finally getting to move back home after her house had burned down. I think she is still working, but I didn't ask. We stayed on happy subjects. Also checked on some neighbors by phone. It was a good day to do a bit of self discussion on changing habits. With so many exercise programs online and higher quality educational programs online, time to develop more discipline and make use of the internet.

This morning, I will cut up the thawed turkey, repackage it and put a piece into the crockpot for dinner. Steamed broccoli as a keto side. And homemade cranberry sauce for hubs. A good meal for cool weather.

Then outside to water everything and work on the raised gardens. That will take the day. Simple stay at home life.

Today, I am grateful that everyone I know is healthy. Have a good day all.