Daily Check In April 9th

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In April 9th

Post by Jackielou »

MackerelCat wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:00 pm I decided to make beef stew tonight too, LWolfT, as we have potatoes and carrots that need using and that's the best way to stretch some beef.

This morning Homeless Buddy's food stamps reset, so he and I got our shopping lists, hand sanitizer, and homemade masks and went to the big Save a Lot across the river. It has a much better selection than the local one. He filled his cart (he prefers to do one major trip when his stamps come in and fill in around the edges the rest of the month) and I bought a small amount of pork, chicken and beef to restock the freezer and some odds and ends like black peppercorns, pancake syrup, and grated parmesan-Romano cheese.

The SAL had a full selection of products and was enforcing limits only on ground beef and toilet paper.

We swung by CVS on the way home to pick up my prescriptions. It is still quite picked over, with no rubbing alcohol, wipes, and almost no store brand medications.

Our final trip out today will be to take Lily Dog to the vet, and then after that it's back to another week of staying staying home. A plus side to this is that our auto insurance company reduced the cost our premiums for the next month. This was done without us asking, so now I wonder if USAA knows something we don't about when this may end.

Everyone stay snug and safe.
Our Prime Minister said today that restrictions here in Canada could last well into the summer.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

oh wow - scary for a bit there

My desktop crashed and I had to set up the new one i hadn't opened yet. I bought it last year for my birthday

I almost could not get back on here.

Finally worked!
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Well my "vat" of potato salad is made and chilling....lordy I do love that stuff :D
Most of my to-do list is to-done....left the floors till last because you know...mess in the kitchen :?

I had to bring in all of the semi-tender house plants that I have had out on the decks, supposed to be going into a cold cycle....the weather dude even mentioned the snow flurries words.

off to eat something for lunch, and it WILL include potato salad cause you know...i can LOL
JCKitty
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Hi all -
here is hoping I can post. I've tried several times over the past few days. Some make it some don't.

Hubs went to Aldi's for senior hour this morning to pick up milk and bread. What a joke - the place was packed with maskless not at risk people. I feel pretty safe about going because hubs went down in the basement and found two of his masks from the mine. They are called respirator masks and are used when rescuers go in where there are toxic gases in a mine emergency. We look like Aliens in them - but who cares.

Life goes on apace here. Nothing exciting. I have to tell you, I don't think I would have made it as a 1950s housewife. This cooking everything that is eaten gets old quick and I love to cook. But it seems like all I do is cook, clean up the kitchen, then get ready to cook again. I also may have become the worlds leading expert on true crime shows.

Hope all here are safe and staying home. Stay well, CG
snowangel729

Post by snowangel729 »

Got up early and hit the chicken sale with DM and then brought it all home and packaged it. The chicken breasts were the size of my face. I then picked up DS brought him home and now we are snuggling and watching the grinch haha. He watches grinch movies all the time, his 3rd birthday was grinch themed. Will plan to lay him down for a nap and prep my food for work tomorrow.

DD is taking a nap already after going out with me this morning and DH is playing video games for a bit. Mostly gonna chill at the house today. I might make some masks.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Feeling kind of antsy today. Feels like the day just drags on and on

This quarantine life is not what i thought it would be! ugh