Daily Check in May 5, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in May 5, 2020

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends,

Let's start the day off.

Mrscreative

Re: Daily Check in May 5, 2020

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning beautiful people!

Another beautiful sunny day but very crisp outside- a few degrees below freezing.

I’ll be pretty close to home all day by the phone to receive some important phone calls and have cleaning on the agenda. Vacuuming is long overdue! But I plan to work in some exercise, either in the form of a walk or bike ride. I got some daffodil and narcissis bulls yesterday and got them planted in my garden. Given to me which was very nice! I hope they take as I don’t have any spring perennials.

I may also make some blueberry muffins today as we haven’t had any sweets for so long.

Creative

HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good Morning Everyone. Ms. Creative - we have the same weather. I'm hoping the sunshine warms things up. Yesterday was overcast and rainy and I was just frozen to the bone all day.

Anyhoo...I woke up 5:00-ish and laid in bed for awhile. Finally got up and let the dogs out - and, per usual,they are back asleep in MY bed under MY covers - go figure. I've had a cup of coffee and I really need to get moving and make breakfast or I'll be "late for work" - ha ha ha - that commute from my bed to the kitchen is brutal - 5 whole feet!!

Today is my mom's birthday. She got her "birthday envelope" from me yesterday and my dad told me he got her a cake - which I'm glad of. And - the sun is shining for her birthday.

Okay, this rambling isn't getting anything done that I have to do! Off I go. Have a good day everyone!

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

I managed to get my rear end out for a short walk. I did about 4,000 steps. I have a bit of a bruise on the back of my calf where my brace runs across. I did not want to irritate it.

Rainy and cold here today. it is forecasted to be cold for about the next week. Yuck.

Not much new.

Have a great day,

Maggie

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning Maggie and all,

Yesterday, I worked on clearing a fence line. A popular hanging plant up north is very invasive here and it loves my fences and trees. I let it climb some of the trees because it adds a tropical feel to them. I prefer the Spanish moss hanging from the trees, but that is ok. The work was strenuous enough and it was hot enough(almost 90F) that I needed to make it a shorter day. Today, all I really need to do is put the vines in the yard trash can for Thursday's pickup.

Today will be the normal day, watering from the rain barrels and transplanting flowers and such. And working on the several ongoing yard projects. A possible quick trip to the grocery for basics. Solar clothes drying and solar hot water dish washing likely.

Today, I am grateful for coffee. It is a wonderful morning ritual. Have a good day everyone.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

Today will be a quiet day and I hope to get some extra cleaning and paper shredding done. This afternoon I have my FaceTime chat with friends and early evening my Walmart pickup.

Yesterday I enjoyed my time at mom’s house. The recent rains have made everything grow a lot. I had to use the ladder to trim the schefflera and used the broom to run against the roofline to get the oak crap that had settled there. I also trimmed the hedges under the front window and then cleaned the outside window sills. Next I cleaned the small garden with the kalanchoe really well and it looks a lot better but the plants still do not look great since I cut off all the dead blooms. Finally I cleaned out the rock garden in the back and a small side garden. I took a break for lunch between the front and back yards.

I thought I’d go back over there on Friday but now think I’ll go on Wednesday. My four plumbago against the back fence need to be trimmed.

All of Florida except three counties in south Florida opened stores and restaurants yesterday. The three counties that didn’t open, Miami-Dade, Broward (Fort Lauderdale) and Palm Beach, have had the worst virus outbreaks in the state. There were about 40 of the “free-dumb” protesters in Miami who are upset that our elected officials are trying to save peoples’ lives.

The beaches in my area opened without incident. A small mom-and-pop restaurant between my house and mom’s house was open with quite a few cars in the parking lot. They had tried to do takeout but I never saw anyone there for that so I think they were desperate to open.

I found out that the libraries are allowed to open but they say they are not ready and will likely open from mid-month through the end of the month. We have a number of art museums and they are allowed to open but none have done so.

Have a good and safe day.