May 6, 2020 Daily check-in

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

May 6, 2020 Daily check-in

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello friends,

Its about 12:30 am here and courtesy of ny teenage boys, am awake. ☹️ They were happily laughing & talking away, For Hours. Just before midnight, I finally called ds17 and told him they needed To Go To Bed!!

ARGH!!! I Am Sooo Exhausted, to the point of dizziness & nausea earlier, and now I cannot sleep!! ☹️ Plus now I have the hiccups, for the second time in two hours.

Hence, I’m starting the May 6th check in.

I have my weekly therapist appointment today, and will go buy a couple gallons of milk afterwards. I need to also drop off two audiobooks to the library too—would love to get new ones but thst depends on my energy level after leaving my appt as it is much later in the say than usual.

Dinner last nifht was Puffed Oven Pancakes (aka German pancakes)-so good! We’ve not had it in ages.

Am going To read the past two days’ check in posts, then try for sleep.

Editing to add:

This is a link to my friend Carolyn’s fiber studio virtual tour. She is the one whom my fiber guild visited last November, and I can vouch for the qualify of her hand-dyed spinning roving and yarns. https://youtu.be/1NC16oGCYhk

mbrudnic

Re: May 6, 2020 Daily check-in

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends,

Gayle, so sorry you are in pain. That is the worst. I think that is why I am up. My back (tailbone) have been bad for the past week. I think from lack of activity. So I really need to step it up. But between the rainy weather, my foot issues and general malaise, I have not been doing too much. I have developed a bit of a bruise along the top line of my ankle brace.

If you all might spare a prayer for my Mom, she has her back surgery scheduled in about 2 hours. Dad will not be able to see her until she is released. He is allow to sit in the hospital during the surgery, and talk to the surgeon after. So she will be all alone. They said 3 nights.

I got busy enough with work yesterday that I moved to my standing desk in the second bedroom so I could have a second monitor. I decided I could use the third, so I ordered (another) stand laptop desk. (I have 2 different ones from Ikea. They are no longer selling the smaller, lightweight metal one. It was less than $50. It is nice to be productive again.

Since I was up early (4:00 AM), I set the dishwasher off (although I will wait until it is done to take my shower) and I put a small cask iron skillet in the oven to season. I bought it a couple of weeks ago. Since I decided to give one of my bigger skillets to DS2, I wanted a small skillet. It was pre-seasoned, but stuff is sticking to it. So it is baking right now. Since we are in a cold snap, not issues with heating up the place.

Have a great day,
Maggie

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning Gayle and Maggie,

I am joining you both in the poor night's sleep/lack of rest this morning. The coffee is helping. The night leg cramps for me. I finally got up and tidied up the kitchen a bit.

Another perfect day here in Central Florida. Hard for me to nap when the day is so lovely, but I am penciling a nap in anyways.

Yesterday, I went from clearing a portion of the fence line to just clearing another section taken over by vines. 3 trashcans full later, the sun set. I am going to work on it again today. I expect to get several more to set out for the yard waste pickup tomorrow.

I moved the poblano and cubano peppers still in their pots to their new location to get use to the sun. They may be planted today, probably in the evening, so they have the night to adjust. As long as I water them, it can be put off a day if a nap calls.

Today, the new grocery store ads come out and whole chicken is on sale. Nothing else is and I hope to get one before the hoarders get there. Otherwise, it is just out of the freezer.

Today, I am grateful for coffee, really grateful. Have a good day everyone.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning frugal sleepy friends

I sort of slept ok. I decided to just stay up to see how long it would take me to fall asleep. It was a little after midnight when i started watching Murder She Wrote. Next thing i knew it was about 330. Had to use the facilities.

Probably dozed for an hour or so after that. Alarm went off at 6. So i am up and trying to get motivated.

At least it is nice and cool outside. Going for the morning walk.

Have a great day. Get some rest.

Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning beautiful people!

Brilliant sunshine out there once again but cool! I’ll take that over cloud and rain any day!

I hope to get around to baking those muffins. I plan to take a dozen to the hospital, along with a thank you card for the surgeon and all the wonderful staff at surgical day care, the mammogram room and the ladies who did the C-Scan and injected the radiation due. On second thought, I should probably bake two dozen as a lot of people were involved. I really thought my care was outstanding!

Today I have a phone appointment from the radiation oncologist (due to Covid-19, not in person). So hopefully I will know when my radiation appointments will start. In the meantime, I’ve been doing another cooking frenzy and freezing meals and stocking up to the gills with pick up service. I have another order from Superstore to collect on Sunday and will book a slot with Walmart for the following week. It’s hard to get a slot with Superstore, but they carry a lot more ethnic foods than Walmart. Dh keeps looking at the flyers and sees good deals at Metro and I feel like I’m constantly having to convince him to stay out. Not the time to be penny wise and pound foolish! He’s the most vulnerable age group being male 70 plus, despite being incredibly active and healthy otherwise. I want it to remain that way!

I still hope to get in a very long walk today and intend to take a little different route to the almost deserted university campus. My N95 disposable filters finally has arrived from China a few days ago and I tested one out in my cloth mask yesterday. It worked well and it seemed like my glasses didn’t fog up as much. That gets very annoying.

On the entertainment front: still have lots of free Apple Books, movies and physical books to read. Will watch the news for an hour to keep informed and see what else is interesting. And I have my Instagram videos to check as well. I haven’t been bored at all!

Have a wonderful day!
Creative

LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Maggie, best wishes for your mom's surgery.

A gray day here with rain expected later, kind of like my mood today. I know it will pass but its a matter of how quickly.

Today will be a spontaneous day solely . . . I am feeling absolutely NO ambition to doing anything right now unfortunately.

Tonight's dinner will be the 1/2 of pork chop from Monday, potato and veggie.

This week happens to be National Nurses Week, with Wednesday being signified as National Nurses Day. If ever there was a time that nurses should receive recognition for their contribution and commitment to quality health care, it's now.

The roots of "International Nurses Day" goes back to 1953, when Dorothy Sutherland of the U.S. Department of Health, Education, and Welfare sent a proposal to President Eisenhower to proclaim a "Nurse Day" in October of the following year. The proclamation was not officially made. But, this day was born and eventually gained national recognition.

International Nurse Day is celebrated on May 12, because this was the birthday of Florence Nightingale.

Three cheers for our nurses!!!

Have a wonderful day.