May 6, 2020 Daily check-in

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: May 6, 2020 Daily check-in

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

Maggie, I said a prayer for your mom. Sorry you don’t feel great yourself. My mom had a tailbone injury from falling years ago and I hate to say it took about a month to go away as I recall. For your ankle brace, could you put gauze held by adhesive tape to help prevent it from rubbing? I frequently put a bandaid or two on my heel to prevent my shoes from giving me blisters.

Creative, it sounds like your oncologist is using the best diagnostic tools available to plan your treatment. With your positive attitude, you’ll be fine. (((Hugs)))

It is a nice sunny day and I’ll go to mom’s house. I plan to rake leaves from under the hedge in front and then do trimming in the back yard.

I received two small checks in the mail a few days ago and I’m trying to decide whether to try the mobile banking or just use the atm. I think the atm would be fine but think I’ll try the mobile banking to test it so if there are periods in the future where I’m unable to get to the bank I’ll know what to do. I get very few checks in the mail. One is the one-time toilet rebate and the other is a stock dividend from mom that I never set up direct deposit.

Pippi has a reprieve from her annual vet visit and rabies shot. I was dreading it because I know vets are doing curbside and she would have to go into the vet alone. Pippi is such a nervous little girl. It turns out my vet is only seeing sick pets and not scheduling regular visits until early July. I still don’t know (and they probably don’t know) if it will still be curbside. Pippi is eating really well right now so I’m hoping she can gain a bit of weight before her visit.

In my Walmart order I got a couple nice substitutions. Family-size Idahoan buttery potatoes for regular size and family-size of my favorite salad mix. A couple other substitutions were fine. I was only able to get one package of raisins. I ordered a small bag of potting soil in my order. I don’t need it now but I’m thinking ahead to fall which is a prime planting season for Florida. I plan to get another bag of the soil. The large bags are too heavy for me.

Have a good and safe day.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I finally fell asleep around 2 last night and since I was trying to sleep on the sectional I am a bit stiff and sore. Not the best frame of mind or body to head to DS's today. Oh well, perhaps I will sleep really well there tonight.

Quick check in as I need to get moving, must pack, go for my walk (being cooped up in a car for two hours makes me stiff and sore), and getting a few little things done around the house before we go. I would love to have a second cup of coffee, but don't want to have to try and find a bathroom on the way to the bigger city.

Joy today is in the sunshine streaming through the front window and Shania basking in it.

Everybody have a great day. I will try and check in again later.

Take care.

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

I washed my hair, my sheets are in the washer. The bottom sheet is on the bed. I put dish towels in the washer. I always plan on washing them when I have 4 clean towels. This way I don’t run out. I still have holiday towels so I could use them if I had to do so. I do wash them in hot water as half of them are bright red. I can’t bleach them.

I am still very frustrated by the Kitchener stitch. I have one more Tiny MacBook to do. I used the 3 needle bind off on the last one.

I slept pretty well last night, I woke up more frequently than I would have liked. I am still tired today. But I have been busy.

I have been using my homemade ice packs to help me sleep at night. It does make a huge difference in my ability to sleep. You can actually lay on these.

Penny

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Have the rest of y'all joined the Guild of Professional Insomniacs too? Wow, it's going to be crowded at the next meeting. :-D

Oddly enough, I slept pretty well. Two nights in a row: I am agog with wonder. Honestly, I think working hard around the house and not reading the news for two days has a lot to do with that.

Today I have to take Little Single Mom to pay her electric bill (we forgot to do it yesterday) and then I have sewing, laundry, and housecleaning to do.

We had homemade pizza for supper last night that was just outstanding. It used up the little bag of bread flour I had on hand from before the virus, so I will have to try to find some more. Flour is still in short supply around here, as are raisins.

Hope everyone has a great day at home.
Mackie

jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Yes Mackie,
I am a member...I didn't fall asleep last night until after 4 AM. I had to get up for a bank appointment so alarm set for 7:30 I was up again before the alarm. Needless to say I feel worthless. I know I will be taking a nap today.
When I am this exhausted I feel cold all over, the sun is shining and it is chilly outside but I feel like I am freezing to death.

I should be sewing camper curtains, but being this tired it is not a good thing to be cutting and sewing.
Yesterday afternoon in the rain I went into the camper to see if I could find where the pesky leak was. I found it and it is not even on the roof! I can get to it with Flex seal with my ladder ...so that is a huge help.It is very small but I want it fixed!

Our local pork plant has put off re opening for an indefinite time, more testing positive and people quitting if they have to go back before they feel it is safe. I am so happy to hear this, people finally taking this seriously in my county.

I will run the vacuum and do some house work after my nap. Still working on my "new" pantry project, making lists and will be doing another insta cart order.

Off to prop my eyes open long enough to read and catch up here.
JCKitty

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I think i will have to nap later on also

We did almost four miles this morning.

And then we got some to go tacos and met up at a friend's house to eat. We sat outside maintaining a good distance apart. But the conversation was well needed.

I still kind of wonder about the things they say, but oh well.

My poor sibling. I swear that woman is always cleaning out her laundry room/shed. She has been doing this for over ten years easily. What the heck??? Checks from 1987??? :shock:

Have a great day