May 6, 2020 Daily check-in

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Re: May 6, 2020 Daily check-in

Post by LWolfT »

Good evening!
Nice sunny day here. Would have loved to plant the garden, but we're expecting lows below freezing in a day or so.
Work is coming along. Not used to talking to people all day!

Out a couple ot times this week. To a garden center ... got most of what I wanted. Decided it was cheaper to buy a sage plant and dry the leaves than pay for it in a jar. Was at Kroger to get on-sale pork.
People seemed to be behaving pretty well.

Creative, hope your appointment went well. Maggie, hope things are OK for your mom. Mackie, I need to cut my hair too. I seem to have a mullet going.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

by mbrudnic » Wed May 06, 2020 4:30 am

Good Morning friends,

Gayle, so sorry you are in pain. That is the worst. I think that is why I am up. My back (tailbone) have been bad for the past week. I think from lack of activity. So I really need to step it up. But between the rainy weather, my foot issues and general malaise, I have not been doing too much. I have developed a bit of a bruise along the top line of my ankle brace.

If you all might spare a prayer for my Mom, she has her back surgery scheduled in about 2 hours. Dad will not be able to see her until she is released. He is allow to sit in the hospital during the surgery, and talk to the surgeon after. So she will be all alone. They said 3 nights.

I got busy enough with work yesterday that I moved to my standing desk in the second bedroom so I could have a second monitor. I decided I could use the third, so I ordered (another) stand laptop desk. (I have 2 different ones from Ikea. They are no longer selling the smaller, lightweight metal one. It was less than $50. It is nice to be productive again.

Since I was up early (4:00 AM), I set the dishwasher off (although I will wait until it is done to take my shower) and I put a small cask iron skillet in the oven to season. I bought it a couple of weeks ago. Since I decided to give one of my bigger skillets to DS2, I wanted a small skillet. It was pre-seasoned, but stuff is sticking to it. So it is baking right now. Since we are in a cold snap, not issues with heating up the place.

Have a great day,
Maggie
I hope your Mom''s surgery went well and she recover well and is then pain free.

Penny
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:

I did take a nap, I really don't think it did me much good though :(
I have accomplished the sum total of "diddly squat" today. Ran the vacuum and cleaned the kitchen...big whup.....I did a load of rugs but still haven't got them on the lines...I will force myself to do so here in a minute.

Will have a chefs salad for supper and i see an early bedtime for me.
I wanted to pick up my bedding plants today but did not, like Wolf said freezing temps are expected and I do not want to have to worry about covering them.

I received my stimulus check as a paper check and have put it into what I call my tax account.
Hoping tomorrow is a much better day.

I wonder if this persistent exhaustion isn't the byproduct of grief over our former way of life????

Prayers going out for Maggies family and MrsC.
I pray for all of my forum friends daily.

JCKitty
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

mbrudnic wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 5:30 am Good Morning friends,

Gayle, so sorry you are in pain. That is the worst. I think that is why I am up. My back (tailbone) have been bad for the past week. I think from lack of activity. So I really need to step it up. But between the rainy weather, my foot issues and general malaise, I have not been doing too much. I have developed a bit of a bruise along the top line of my ankle brace.

If you all might spare a prayer for my Mom, she has her back surgery scheduled in about 2 hours. Dad will not be able to see her until she is released. He is allow to sit in the hospital during the surgery, and talk to the surgeon after. So she will be all alone. They said 3 nights.

I got busy enough with work yesterday that I moved to my standing desk in the second bedroom so I could have a second monitor. I decided I could use the third, so I ordered (another) stand laptop desk. (I have 2 different ones from Ikea. They are no longer selling the smaller, lightweight metal one. It was less than $50. It is nice to be productive again.

Since I was up early (4:00 AM), I set the dishwasher off (although I will wait until it is done to take my shower) and I put a small cask iron skillet in the oven to season. I bought it a couple of weeks ago. Since I decided to give one of my bigger skillets to DS2, I wanted a small skillet. It was pre-seasoned, but stuff is sticking to it. So it is baking right now. Since we are in a cold snap, not issues with heating up the place.

Have a great day,
Maggie

Maggie I have said a prayer for your DM and father too. Will keep them in my thoughts and prayers.

I would contact the people that made the brace. A bruise indicates tissue damage. A bruise might indicate you need an adjustment. If your brace is made with molded plastic they can usually adjust it with a heat gun. Just depends on what the cause of the bruise is.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:40 am Hello friends,

Its about 12:30 am here and courtesy of ny teenage boys, am awake. ☹️ They were happily laughing & talking away, For Hours. Just before midnight, I finally called ds17 and told him they needed To Go To Bed!!

ARGH!!! I Am Sooo Exhausted, to the point of dizziness & nausea earlier, and now I cannot sleep!! ☹️ Plus now I have the hiccups, for the second time in two hours.

Hence, I’m starting the May 6th check in.

I have my weekly therapist appointment today, and will go buy a couple gallons of milk afterwards. I need to also drop off two audiobooks to the library too—would love to get new ones but thst depends on my energy level after leaving my appt as it is much later in the say than usual.

Dinner last nifht was Puffed Oven Pancakes (aka German pancakes)-so good! We’ve not had it in ages.

Am going To read the past two days’ check in posts, then try for sleep.

Editing to add:

This is a link to my friend Carolyn’s fiber studio virtual tour. She is the one whom my fiber guild visited last November, and I can vouch for the qualify of her hand-dyed spinning roving and yarns. https://youtu.be/1NC16oGCYhk

Gayle hope you got some much needed rest and had a good visit with your therapist.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:48 pm I should take a couple of leaves from your book, and make a bunch of “freezer meals” that can be easily made by whichever teen is around to help, after my surgery in July. I’m not really going to plan on help from RS PRES & church ladies again after her actions from November to January.
Good idea Gayle. I know you had planned on doing that before your breast surgery but they moved the date up on you sooner than you planned. Several times my DSIL had scheduled surgery and I helped her make a lot of food ahead of time. It was easy for her kids to pop something in the oven or microwave.
Janet Alliesmama