May 9 2020 Daily check-in

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: May 9 2020 Daily check-in

Post by clemencia2us »

Little Miss

If they are calling you on a cell phone - can you block them?

I have an IPhone, so when i get a weird call, I google the number - get info about them and block it.

I 98% do not answer a number that is not already on my contacts list. I will let it go to voicemail and take it from there.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

littlemiss63 wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 3:45 pm Good Afternoon Everyone,

I woke up this morning with some beautiful sunshine coming through my bedroom windows. It's rained almost every day this week so this was wonderful. I slept good last night (took a sleeping pill) which I don't like to do, but I felt like I was getting to be a walking zombie getting a couple hours a night of sleep for the past couple of weeks. It amazes me what a good nights sleep does for your mental and physical condition. I feel wonderful!

I have a couple of gripes today, which I shouldn't but I do, about car dealerships and people calling you about "DO YOU WANT TO SELL YOUR PROPERTY""? #1 I have been bombarded with e-mails from my car dealership about getting my oil changed. I'm late getting it done, my car could be damaged, on and on. This morning I called the service manager, (I know him well). I told him about it and he says he's sorry but the computer generates them automatically every 6 months and they can't do anything. I said, 'well you are telling me that nothing can be done" and I know that if someone wants to do something that you can. He laughed and said, he would get my name removed from the master list. I told him good, because I do know when to come in for my oil change as the car has it in it's system and lights start coming on everywhere when it's time. Of course, the computer didn't know that drivers would be driving a whole lot less the past 2 months. I still have 3,000 miles so it's probably going to be the first of next year before they see me. Secondly, I have gotten 3 phone calls this morning from foreign accent speaking individuals wanting to buy one of my properties. I told the last guy that called that if I was interested in selling that I would go to a real estate agent and list my property. They offer you half of what your property is worth and I know it's public record, but I resent them being able to go in and see who owns a property. I then wonder how they get your cell phone # when it's not published anywhere and it's definitely not on the records at the court house. Ok, I'm over it!

As I speak I have cream cheese softening on my counter to make Pioneer Womans Broccoli and Cauliflower Casserole. I bought one from Kroger a couple weeks ago and I loved it. Went on line and found her recipe so I want to see how close I can come. It makes 8 servings so I will freeze several servings and keep the rest out for side dishes next week. I also, have yellow squash in my Ninja cooker that I am making Fried Squash and it too will go for future meals and a meal next week. I will serve the squash with baked chicken and the casserole with a pork chop. Just finished making me a large batch of Tuna and I will eat it in sandwiches for lunches and by it'self as a salad. I love using it for a salad and adding in a sprinkle of Lemon & Pepper seasoning for a kick, Ritz Crackers and a Kosher Dill Pickle. Gayle, I was thinking of you when I was posting about the Broccoli and Cauliflower Casserole. I will let you know how it turns out and it might be one you would like. I know these kids are picky about the vegetables they will eat.

Well, my last big thing to do is put in my on-line order for next week and I've got my list ready to go, just a matter of doing it. I almost feel guilty making an order since I now have so much in my house, but it's just replacing things I've eaten this week and adding things that I'm short on in my pantry. I sure don't want to turn into a hoarder. I almost feel like I'm approaching that stage when I find myself opening the closet door that I converted into a second pantry just looking at it! It's just the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. :lol: :lol: :lol: At least it's organized!!!!!

Jackie, you probably missed my post asking you if you thought I could use a mattress pad for making the cozie bowls and plate holders? The label does say 100% cotton. I've got my material just need something 100% batting to put in it. It's sure good to hear that your son in getting back on his feet.

Well, good people I am going to get off here so I can finish up my chores for today and then go for a short drive, I've got to get out and enjoy this beautiful day a little.
I did miss that post Libby, so sorry. As long as the stuffing is cotton and you use cotton thread you should be able to use it. If the label says 100% cotton I would go for it.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

different methods for different foods and personal preferences. We have a large gas grill and a smoker and use each for different things. I would like to have chsrcoal.as well. I just got my son in law a special pan do he can do pizza on the grill.

Today I ordered myself a dozen kridpy kreme donuts to arrive here at nine am. Judge me not.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update;

Just put in my Aldi's instacart order....I love this service!! Even more because my county just announced today a 200 increase in virus count. I think it is for the week???

I painted my pillow tops, a bee and a dragonfly. I ordered stuffers from Amazon...we do not have a craft or hobby store anywhere close and to be honest do not feel safe going to one right now.

I got my entire to-do list done today, I am feeling so scattered, I can't seem to stay on task.
Eating single serve items from the freezer, might make a small roast and mashed potatoes tomorrow.

Next up I hope to paint a mural on the awning of the camper...it's like I can't quit coming up with ideas :? and they all create work for me. LOL

Brought in a beautiful bouquet of lilacs, my mom loved them.

JCKitty
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

littlemiss63 wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 3:45 pm Good Afternoon Everyone,

[snip]------------
Jackie, you probably missed my post asking you if you thought I could use a mattress pad for making the cozie bowls and plate holders? The label does say 100% cotton. I've got my material just need something 100% batting to put in it. It's sure good to hear that your son in getting back on his feet.

Well, good people I am going to get off here so I can finish up my chores for today and then go for a short drive, I've got to get out and enjoy this beautiful day a little.
Little Miss, I would cut a piece of the material, stick it in a glass or porcelainb owl or plate the put it int he microwave for a couple of minutes and make sure the material does not get hot.
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

I just finished all of my chores for today. I did quite a bit and now I am caught up on laundry.
After a little more time on here I will go treat myself to what has now become my TV time. I stretch out on my adjustable bed under a fan with some knitting or crocheting and watch various shows until 9 or so, then do some reading until around 10:30 or later. I stay up later if it is still hot. I look forward to these late day hours and that's what keeps me keeping up with the work around here. Supper tonight is the other half of my sandwich from lunch. Have a great evening all!

Bev