Does Anyone Buy Groceries from Amazon

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Sandy

Re: Does Anyone Buy Groceries from Amazon

Post by Sandy »

littlemiss63 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:47 am
I have never bought groceries from Amazon, has anyone else bought and what was your experience? Are prices mostly higher than local or comparable. I just looked at some canned fruit and Dole's pineapple tibits were 12 cans for $16.96. Walmarts site was exactly the same, only difference theirs come 6 cans to a case. Both will ship to your door at no charge. Not having to spend money for gas and wear/tear on your car counts for something. Lord, I may become a complete hermit.
Yes, ma'am. I've bought groceries and household items from Amazon for at least 10 years. Right now, I'm on a kick of getting all of my walnuts and pecans (I sprinkle them on my morning oatmeal and take turns) from Amazon because they're the same price as Walmart and, as a Prime member, I don't have to buy a certain dollar amount to get free shipping.

I also use their Subscribe and Save option on lots of things (coupons are offered alot to get you to try S & S and you can stop and restart at anytime). It's basically involves doing what you're doing: price checking.

Sandy

Post by Sandy »

LogicsHere wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 11:14 am
I've looked through Amazon food items, but find it unbelievably costly since much of it is from 3rd party vendors who feel they can charge whatever they want to. I also gave up on trying to get my groceries delivered weeks ago so I am going to the physical store. I've gotten my shopping trips up to between 12 and 14 days, closer to 12 than 14. The store closest to me opens at 6:00A and there are about 12 that shop that early.
I would never buy from a third party merchant unless the order were a "Fulfilled by Amazon" one. That way you get the protection of Amazon if the order is less than you were led to believe it was going to be.

ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

littlemiss63 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:47 am
I have never bought groceries from Amazon, has anyone else bought and what was your experience? Are prices mostly higher than local or comparable. I just looked at some canned fruit and Dole's pineapple tibits were 12 cans for $16.96. Walmarts site was exactly the same, only difference theirs come 6 cans to a case. Both will ship to your door at no charge. Not having to spend money for gas and wear/tear on your car counts for something. Lord, I may become a complete hermit.
I have and nothing to complain about. They don’t sometime have the items I order, but don’t charge if they dont after your order goes through. Have ordered twice from Walmart and messed up both times. Left out a pk of batteries out of one order, but sent them after I called. The next time I recieved the wrong order and at first they wanted me to take it back to Walmart store, I refused because that is why ordered online. Told me to keep it and they would send my order I paid for. Hope the person that got my order enjoyed the food I ordered. I got personal items that was probably a 50$ order free. More than my order.