Turkey prices 2015

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Shelsmiles

Re: Turkey prices 2015

Post by Shelsmiles »

I bought a fresh turkey locally sourced. $1.99 per pound. I know some of you think I lost my mind given the 59 cents per pound, but I keep going back to paying more to support a local guy who runs a small family farm and does things the right way. I will spare you all my long winded discourse on ethical meat. You can use that as your "things I'm thankful for" post on Facebook today. Lol.

Sandy

Post by Sandy »

Shelsmiles wrote:I bought a fresh turkey locally sourced. $1.99 per pound. I know some of you think I lost my mind given the 59 cents per pound, but I keep going back to paying more to support a local guy who runs a small family farm and does things the right way. I will spare you all my long winded discourse on ethical meat. You can use that as your "things I'm thankful for" post on Facebook today. Lol.
I believe in keeping things local and, at $1.29 a pound for [my] local grocery store turkeys, that's not a big jump to have a healthier bird while helping your community sellers at the same time.

frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

I got my turkey (20 lbs) for .59 a lb. I almost did not get it bc you had to buy 25.00 worth of groceries and y the time I bought my groceries and went to get my turkey,someone bought 1000 turkeys and they ran out! I was told to wait 20 minutes as they are getting some from another store but waited and they were still not there. So I had to go back the next day(only few left then too!)!

11cats2beagles

Post by 11cats2beagles »

We got two turkeys for .48 per pound with $25 purchase. The $25 purchase was BEFORE COUPONS so we did great. We doubled up and shopped separately in order to get the two turkeys. They are in the garage freezer for future use. I am sure hot turkey sandwiches will taste good to my guys in the middle of winter.