May 19, 2020 Daily Check-in

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

May 19, 2020 Daily Check-in

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello friends,

Its nearly midnight and we should be in bed sleeping, but few of us are.

I got the masks done for my spinning group friend. When I laid out my prices per mask style (I made 7 masks in 3 different styles for her), then told her I was asking $35 for the lot, she countered with $40. 😮
When I delivered them, she showed me all of her recently finished projects, plus the yarn she’d been spinning.

alliesmama4

Re: May 19, 2020 Daily Check-in

Post by alliesmama4 »

gaylejackson2 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:53 am
Hello friends,

Its nearly midnight and we should be in bed sleeping, but few of us are.

I got the masks done for my spinning group friend. When I laid out my prices per mask style (I made 7 masks in 3 different styles for her), then told her I was asking $35 for the lot, she countered with $40. 😮
When I delivered them, she showed me all of her recently finished projects, plus the yarn she’d been spinning.
Gayle so happy for you that your friend recognized your hard work with extra money. I hope by now you are asleep and having some much needed rest..
Janet Alliesmama

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. I went to bed too early ( 11:00 PM) and woke up around 2:00 AM with severe right leg pain around my knee and down my leg. I have this problem off and on and the only way to relieve it is to get up and walk around so that is what I did. Now wide awake. I also took a quinine tablet since it seems to be related to my ALS.

Not much going on here again today due to off and on showers. I would love to get outside and do some yardwork. There are a few things that need to be done in the house but they involve going up and down stairs which I need to avoid for now.

Have a good and frugal day. Stay safe.
Janet Alliesmama

LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Up early this morning, around 4:00A, but I went to bed early so still got about 7 hours sleep.

Today is going to be cloudy with temp in the mid to high 60s, but there will be a brisk wind along with it. Might go out for a walk but that's if I wash my hair which I'm not in the mood to do right now LOL.

Today's activities will be nothing out of the oridinary. Was super quiet when I got up and finished my household chores prior to sitting down at the computer.

Today's dinner is scrambled eggs.

March 19th is World Plant a Vegetable Garden Day. Hunger affects more people than you can imagine especially in times like these. While not everyone is in the position to have their own garden, it can help ease the family food budget. And those who grow some or all of their own vegetables often do so organically.

There are backyard gardens as well as urban community gardens. In urban environments, town lots are set aside for such use. "Gardens" can be found in containers and pots on balconies, decks, and patios and in the city on apartment rooftops.

The origin of the day is recent, 2019, established by Bob Matthews of Rochester, NY. Matthews is the owner and author of The Gardener's Network, Garden Hobbies, and Pumpkin Nook. Bob is also an avid, life time gardener.

The date of May 19th was chosen, as the last frost date has past for almost everyone in the northern hemisphere, where the vast majority of humans live. If the last frost date has not yet occurred in your area, start a few plants indoors today, for transplanting outdoors later.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

good morning

Surprised so many are up and posting!

I went to bed very early, so woke up early. I think i fell asleep by 9pm. Slept well.

Woke up at 5 and didn't feel groggy, so I stayed up. My new normal?

It is going to be ultra warm today. Maybe hit 100

I miss winter = :cry:

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning Gayle and Janet and all,

This is my normal get up time, 6 am. I simply find the day more satisfying if I start it at 6 am or before. It was my grandmothers way and I was fortunate to spend a great deal of time staying with her. I am glad Gayle got her project done and sorry Janet had night leg cramps. I get them a lot too right now. Quinine does help me as well.

Yesterday was eye injection day. I had requested no physical contact with the exam scopes this month due to potential transmission of the Covid virus. The doctor assured me that they use a "virucide" on the surfaces, but agreed and agreed to see me next month early on a Monday morning for a full scope/photo examination.It is believed that Covid can not survive on surfaces for more than 2 days (the weekend). I found the term "virucide" amusing. Before getting out of bed I did a bit of research on it. Not much because my injected eye wasn't up to it. I learned enough to learn that there is a lot more to learn. So since I have temporarily abandoned my research on economic theory, it looks like I have a new subject to research. I love learning.

I also came up with a new way to use old stick free skillets that lost their stick free surfaces. I love recycling and I hate waste. So this morning looks like the start of a good day.

Today, I will start on de-cluttering the safe room and getting it ready for hurricane season. It will take several days for sure to organize. It tends to collect stuff during the off season. For meals, I will continue drawing down on freezer meat and older canned goods that need replacing for hurricane season.

I called old dance partner yesterday. When I talked to him last week, he was very grumpy, trying to start arguments. I didn't know what that meant. Well, it became clear yesterday that he had been upset about a couple of things. He was trying to decide whether to go to a dance on May 30th. He decided not to go. Like me, he loves dancing, but he feels it is too early for big crowds. I agreed with his decision. The other thing was that he has a skin spot and after he sent a photo of it, the skin cancer doctor wants to see him immediately. He had aggressive skin cancer in the past requiring surgery and radiation. His appointment is Wednesday. Well, we talked it out. I took care of him during that bout.

Today, I am grateful to have all my required medical appointments behind me. Have a good day all.