May 19, 2020 Daily Check-in

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Quilter51

Re: May 19, 2020 Daily Check-in

Post by Quilter51 »

Congrats Mackie. Bennies make up for a lot, money and otherwise.

I REALLY wish there was a way of keeping the same instacart person. My guy today was such a gem and worked with me to get substitutes for my meat order!
http://richlyretired.blogspot.com

Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

MackerelCat wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 2:12 pm
I HAVE A JOB! It took eight months to find something, but I was hired today by the university to start July 1. Yayyyy! Thank you all for the prayers and good wishes along the way.

Since there will be a good bit of walking involved, I am going to use the time between now and then to do a good walking program around the neighborhood.

The new job does not pay as much as my old one, which I have decided was an anomaly in today's job market (or possibly secretly hazardous duty pay), but it does come with benefits and retirement matching, so I am happy.
I am really happy to hear about your new position! And benefits and retiement matching are very good things!

Creative

Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon beautiful people!

Beautiful and sunny outside and so warm (almost 60 degrees)! No frost last night either and hopefully none until the first frost of fall. In keeping with the Garden Holiday today I ventured out to Home Depot to finally pick up my bedding out plants. I was masked and gloved and went very early before there was much crowd and was impressed with their beautiful selection.

I watered all the plants, shrubs, trees and lawn in the front and now just have the back to do. I went for a shorter walk after lunch just drinking in the warmth and sunshine. I love summer and we've sure waited a very long time for warmer temperatures. I was still able to snap a few photos of my nature walk, coming across more signs of spring - wild strawberry plants, leaves sprouting on the wild raspberry canes, and some wild violets. This pandemic has really taught me to slow down and notice things I otherwise would overlook. Lots of people walking, biking, roller blading, and playing with their kids outside and enjoying our glorious weather.

My big thrill of the day was receiving a long awaited package - dh's N95 masks (two of them in black) and 10 N95 filters. Yes they came from China but that's not an epicentre anymore and all the residual traces of the virus would be long gone now anyway. It took about 5 weeks for it to arrive. I've left it in the garage to "degerm" from Canada Post and whatever other postal services were used.

Have a great day everyone!
Creative

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

MackerelCat wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 2:12 pm
I HAVE A JOB! It took eight months to find something, but I was hired today by the university to start July 1. Yayyyy! Thank you all for the prayers and good wishes along the way.

Since there will be a good bit of walking involved, I am going to use the time between now and then to do a good walking program around the neighborhood.

The new job does not pay as much as my old one, which I have decided was an anomaly in today's job market (or possibly secretly hazardous duty pay), but it does come with benefits and retirement matching, so I am happy.
Congratulations on the new job Mackie.

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Thanks, everyone. Since we can't go out and celebrate, Homeless Buddy helped me cook supper. I think he intended to cook the whole thing but he fell asleep after he got the pork loin in the oven and the corn out to thaw. His stamina is still very low and he has to rest a lot.

I took his menu and finished it. Made the best pan of biscuits I have ever turned out. My mother was that rare Southern woman who could not make biscuits from scratch so I had to teach myself s an adult and still hold my breath when I do it. :-D
Mackie

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Hi all,
I read the thread this morning but did not post. My day with the boys was ok. They are not extremely well disciplined, but we got along great. The 3 year old had to be changed 3 times. He does not like using the potty. The first time he was there but had not pulled down his underwear far enough. The second time he was standing in front of the toilet and peed on the floor. I think the third time he did not even make a move to the bathroom. If they put a diaper on him, he rips it off.

But it rained all day and rained hard. They watched TV, but also played a bit. I got some nice hugs which made everything worth while.

Have a nice evening,
Maggie