Daily check in May 20, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily check in May 20, 2020

Post by alliesmama4 »

jckitty wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:13 pm
Clem,
On my bucket list was to go back to France and or Ireland....Not going to happen. I will have to get my kicks surfing the net for pictures, blogs and stories at this point.

Here in the US, we as a family had planned a trip to Charleston and Vicksburg..a 3 week jaunt. Again, not going to happen.

It's going to be a summer of gathering in the campground, swimming in the creek/swimming hole and just enjoying our summer at home the best way we can.

JCKitty
Kitty sounds like a great way to spend the summer.. Enjoy!
Janet Alliesmama

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Hi everyone,

Today's adventures in babysitting included a kitty getting more friendly with me than I am comfortable. The St. Bernard is still shedding like crazy. The 3 yo had no potty accidents while I was there. He and I also ventured outside since the rain stopped. I was surprised the lawn was not more squishy. We have over 5 inches of rain yesterday. But I pushed him on the swing and we sang the ABC song over and over, with a few renditions of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and Row Row Your Boat in between.

Now home, my post nasal drip is something else and giving me a cough.

Some of my support group friends are getting together at a farm Saturday for a picnic/70th birthday party. If I felt everyone woudl wear a mask, I'd not hesitate, but I doubt they will. I think I am more afraid of giving them something than getting it. So I am not going to go.

Have a great evening,
Maggie

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Well we had a good evening

Five of us siblings plus two nieces met up at the parental home and had a get together to commemorate older siblings birthday.

We had a great time. Good memories. Will miss the house, so if this sale falls through, we want to keep it and use it as a family hangout

But then sad to hear that some do not want to do that.

Sad that not all family members feel the same way. They want "their share". And it isn't exactly a huge amount. I'm kind of irritated at that. Maybe money just doesn't mean that much to me - which can be a good thing. :mrgreen: they do have "issues' - so there is that - :shock: