Daily check in May 22, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
itspennyc

Re: Daily check in May 22, 2020

Post by itspennyc »

My A/C seems to be working great. I am so relieved.

I put a dress wash in the dryer, I folded and put away the sheets, and started a white wash.

I divided up a gallon of white vinegar into quart bottles, the gallon is just too heavy for me. I can handle the gallon of water. I think it is because I am trying to fill smaller bottles with the white vinegar bottle but only pouring water into a measuring cup.

Garbage is gathered and out. I have empty gallon jugs tied to my trash bag. Really got a lot out of my apartment.

Yesterday I modified a couple of masks to have ear loops rather than ties. I still need to do a couple more.

Penny

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

LogicsHere wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 9:15 am
Good morning all.

Super nice day expected here today . . . will be getting outside again.

Did my grocery shopping for the next 2 weeks. Glad that's over with.

Yesterday seemed like Saturday to me instead of Thursday. How I miss my neighbors not going to work and not being able to go out to do something on a particular day. It just seems like the week has turned into one VERY LONG weekend.

Today will be a same old, same old but as spontaneous a day as I can make it.

Dinner tonight is spaghetti.

Today is Don't Fry Friday which is held on the Friday before Memorial Day. It occurs just as the Memorial Day holiday begins and the start of summer. It is a reminder that the sun is at its most intense during this time and while outdoors you need to protect yourself from overexposure to UVA and UVB rays, a primary cause of skin cancer.

A little bit of sunshine is a good source of natural Vitamin D, but too much exposure can seriously damage your skin. Remember to wear sun glasses also. Skin cancer can develop on the eyelids.

So on with the sunscreen, avoid going out between 10A and 4P to when the sun is not as intense and enjoy!
Thank you for telling us about the various days, I find them very interesting.

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Hi everyone,

My last day with the boys. It is not raining (so far). We have to drive over to school and pick up DGS6's belongings. Then i will take them through a drive through for lunch. They need to get outside. They have been in for 4 days. I made DGS6 get out of pajamas.

Have a great day,
Maggie

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugal friends. I slept in a bit. Everyone in the house has today off work. It's been raining all day. Like Little Miss, I think Tennessee has been transplanted to Seattle while we slept!

There was thunder, so the two smaller dachshunds were stuck to me like glue. You get some intense puppy cuddling around here during storms. :-D

Today my must do list includes cutting DH's hair, taking up a pair of my work trousers that mysteriously are too big in the waist (none of the others are), sewing another couple of masks, cleaning out the fridge and some regular chores.

Hope everyone has a lovely day at home.
Mackie

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

I’m home from the walk with my friend at the county park. There is a lot of shade but still we met at 9:30 before the temps got too miserable. We sat in one of the pavilions to chat after our walk. I froze my bottle of water and that worked out well.

I did most of my morning chores early and watered plants at my entrance and on the patio. Laundry is in the machine so I just need to get it going.

I have a few bills to pay and bank statements to reconcile. Then a quiet day with a Pippi.

Stay safe.

frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

Good morning everyone! Hope all is well with all of you! Days come and go lately and I had to think what day is today and that we have a holiday coming! I told my DH it is like everyday is a holiday for us now! I have to keep my days straight!

Today I was up 5:30 AM in the morning. For some reason, my DH thinks we have to get up that early to do the gardening and planting,etc before it gets too hot. So idk tbh if that is right or his head injury talking?! I told him I think we need to get him a new brain bc things are like not right -well,let's put it this way it is certainly NOT easy living with someone who has a tbi. I am the most patient person,but even I get tired sometimes of it and it can get exasperating! And he gets frustrated too trying to explain things to us and we don't get what in the world is he talking about! Like he is giving us instructions, but doesn't male sense and he goes round and round and then he gets more frustrated with US! BUT I think it will not change or if it does it will only get worse maybe-guess we will see....sigh. Also he has a very quick irrational temper now when he gets frustrated-like labile emotions. I just stay quiet and try not to escalate anything-kind of scary to see him like that bc he was not like that before the head injury. And I remember when we were in counseling for his head injury, they were telling us that most marriages break up after head injuries bc hard to take the change in personality and labile emotions,etc and I was thinking how can that be after so many years of being married!? I remember him swallowing hard and says if she wants to go, she can go and he was tearing up-that hit me hard-and I said I was not going to leave him ever and I won't-think I said nope you are stuck with me buddy-you can't get off that easy!

So Idk if we really needed to get up that early but I did. Now I just finished so only 8 am!? So I am thinking we did not need to get up that early! LOL! I worked on the front entry and cut the rose trees and bougainvilleas,etc. Oh I need to work on my topiaries-forgot about that-it doesn't look like topiaries anymore but a big shrub bc he let it go. So hopefully I can figure out how to reshape them! Will go back out in a bit to do that. I planted eggplants and some more watermelon. I got crimson sweet and icebox watermelon-they just sound do good-I can't wait when they grow! Planted some basil in a clay pot-it was a plant but my DH showed me he had a paper bag filled with branches and dried seeds on them he saved from last year and showed me how to plant these too. So we included those as well. I want to learn as much as I can from him (he used to work on the farm so he knows) so if ever anything happens to him, I know how to grow a garden and food-usually he did everything before but now doesn't as much-he doesn't want to do anything except watch his pigeons and protect it from the hawks! He just gets tired so easily and something always hurts him now. Sad to see this big huge bodybuilder that always looked and acted young and had lots of energy getting old in everything and guess kind of deteriorating. I am not that far behind even though I am younger-my body has had it too after injuries. I just think omg what will it be like in the future-scary to think about it!

So even in pain or lack of energy or whatever, WE are forcing ourselves to walk this trail which has steep hills going up and down. Sometimes with this big hill, it is like am I even going to make it up this kill halfway through I am thinking that-have to stop. My kids were like yeah right, then they try to run up that hill or even walk and I laugh and say see it is NOT that easy is it!? My dd ran up that hill and the next one-she was done for the day.

My son has been having headaches for the past 6 days or so-the Dr won't even allow us to come in. Think it is allergies so gave him nasal rinse,Flo-Nase, Claritin, and Benadryl. So trying that and hope it works-he feels a bit better.

OH, Pier 1 I think is closing all the stores. Right before the quarantine hit, I bought 7 chairs for the dining table. The manager was making faces and remarks like maybe he wasn't sure if they were going to be open but he actually said they were going to be open for business-so like we weren't sure bc we knew others had closed. This was supposed to be a money-making store he said so they were to stay open(but facial grimaces and stuff I did notice as he was saying this). Well paid for it and they said it will be there in two weeks. A week later we went into quarantine. I have been calling Pier 1 800 # and there are 4-hour waits or they just don't answer, etc. The store says temporarily closed due to COVID and no reopening date. The store doesn't answer either. The locator part on their website says our location no longer exists! So I may be out over 700.!!! OUCH! I tried to dispute it on my credit card but idk if they can reach anyone on there to get my money back either! I am mad if the manager knew this he should have not let us put the money down-like what's crooks! I have done business with Pier 1 so many times! So I may have lost this money which makes me sick! Oh and the news said that in world news I think how stores are closing down and included said Pier 1 was shutting all stores!

It is so frustrating all stores you cannot even get through on the phone to track things which are not being processed esp like refunds. Macy's I waited almost two hours and they still did not answer. I can't wait for this COVID to be over...I hope it will be over like soon! Sheesh!

Today I am making chicken and broccoli fettuccine alfredo (my dd's request) for lunch and for dinner making Mongolian Beef with green onions(trying to use up my green onions-my DH went overboard in getting them-another residual from his head injury-like instead of normal two cucumbers, for instance, he will buy like 10-like what!? Or green onions he bought 5 bunches!). SO I am thinking of ways to use up green onions now. Omelets, scrambled eggs, I sprinkled it and cook slices of bread like press it into the green onions and a bit of olive oil or like eggs in the middle and sprinkle green onions to cook with the bread, nachos,hmmm...what else?

I always seem to write a lot(sorry guys to bore you with my life-lol!) and I always think in the beginning, hmmm...I have nothing to write about my boring life...and then I write a novel! LOL! Forgive me, everyone! Stay safe and healthy....until the next episode of,,,lol!