May 26, 2020 Daily Check-in

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: May 26, 2020 Daily Check-in

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I feel a bit lost this morning, no Shania looking at me with those big hazel eyes wanting a pet or up on my lap. I am really going to have to keep myself occupied today cause I know I will spend a bit more time crying. It is really going to be tough for Hubby as she always jumped up (lately he had to help her) and cuddled beside him in the morning.

I have added some tasks to todays to do list to keep me time stretched and functioning, in fact I do have some chores that were not completed yesterday so should be nice and busy.

Hubby plans on phoning and getting the winter tires off the car. It should have been done awhile ago, but of course with the pandemic and closures (the tire place was not closed) we put it off. Hopefully it will be done this week. Hubby also wants them to check and see if we need new tires. A bit of a spendy end to the month, but if they are necessary.....

I have the usual Tuesday household tasks to do around the old homestead. I will also be doing some putting away and clean up of pet things. Many will be placed downstairs in storage until youngest DS brings Eiko home to visit. Then there is fabric to iron in order to start making masks for the family once again. I need to make a grocery list and perhaps even get out and do some shopping (after all buying for three people in two different places) seems to take up a great deal of time.

I did not make bread yesterday so that will be started before I head out for my walk. I have a feeling this could be a long one.

Sewing will be accomplished as well today. I have those shorts cut out that will be finished. I can then start on other things. Thinking the outside denim quilt could be a quick and easy put together. No real quilting to be done, just some ties in critical places to do.

Like Janet, I should really start to organize my sewing/craft room a bit better, but being me I am inclined to finish off the projects I have going before I start what could amount to Jackie being lost for days.

Frugally speaking, the same old, same old, will be happening around here. I never seem to deviate from what has worked for me for decades and really need to work on finding and building new frugal habits.

Supper tonight is going to be hotdogs along with beans.

Today I will find joy in keeping my hands busy.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugal friends. I woke up at 7:30 and got up about 15 minutes later. For once it is not raining, although it's getting cloudy out there. I am having coffee in the living room with the two younger dogs.

Today I need to make a quick trip to Food Lion for a few things. Also have routine chores to do and the back porch needs to be vacuumed and mopped. The front porch could also stand to be mopped, so well see.

DH repaired the foyer light fixture, which is a lovely handmade stained glass piece, last night. It has been great having him working from home because he has time to do little chores like that.

I have no idea what supper will be. Maybe pork chops and baked potatoes, since we have plenty of those, and some sliced fresh tomatoes.

I hope everyone has a great, safe day.
Mackie

LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Jackie,

So sorry to hear about Shania. {{HUGS}}

Logics

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all!

did not go to bed early last night. Stayed up until almost midnight. I did wake up at 6 and was able to hit the trail at 730

Another friend showed up and joined us. We had a good convo along the way.

Now i'm home, ate my cereal and relaxing.

The plan is to take the pet bedding to the 'mat in an hour or so. After that - who knows.

Have a great day all.

But i am already hungry again!

Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning beautiful people,

Cloudy and cooler today but not raining yet so I plan to go for a walk as soon as I finish my post here. I said a little prayer for you this morning Jackie. And Gayle I said a prayer for you as well. You have had such a challenging journey and I hope you are over the worst of it.

I wasted a lot of time this morning browsing the women's sandals from Walmart. I couldn't find the style or colour that I wanted in my size - and they didn't have what I wanted in Dr. Scholls which usually fit me very well and I'm able to walk miles in them. A little nervous to try another brand as they have a no return policy due to Covid. But I added enough grocery items to reserve my slot. I just picked up my pickup from Superstore yesterday but don't think I'll go with them again. There were several items they didn't have (like mini cukes and organic apples) which I had ordered and I waited an hour for them to come. Good thing it wasn't unbearably hot. I have never waited more than 15 minutes at Walmart.

I plan to go for my walk after posting. Dh is away golfing once again - I'm glad it's started up for him as he sleeps much better after that long walk and hauling his golf cart. I have lots of cleaning on my agenda, mainly vacuuming. Dh hates the sound of it unless he's doing it (which is music to my ears!)

Creative

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

I have gathered and put out the trash, I fully filled the bag, but I didn’t need a larger black bag.

I want to do more sorting and pitching. I would like a full trash bag again on Friday. I also want to go through the give away bin to see if there is stuff in there that maybe should be pitched.

Penny