May 26, 2020 Daily Check-in

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: May 26, 2020 Daily Check-in

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Good morning all.
I have lots of leftovers from yesterday...so no cooking today...:)
Thinking of you Jackie.
Gayle..you should be proud of yourself! It has been a long road.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

Gayle, you are doing great.

Jackie, it will take awhile for you to get used to your new normal. (((Hugs)))

I’m home from my hair appointment. I was very nervous. But I had underestimated my hairdresser and she did a good job at disinfecting and other special tasks. We both wore masks the whole time. This was a perm so I was there for almost two hours. She did have a customer come inside just as I was leaving but the other lady was also wearing a mask.

This afternoon I have my FaceTime with friends. This may be the last one. We are thinking of going to an outdoor cafe next week. One friend has not said if she feels comfortable so we’ll see what she says this afternoon.

I finished half of my NYT jigsaw puzzle yesterday. What I didn’t anticipate was that it was hard to read the small print in the image on the box. I have good close-up vision and do not use reading glasses, but I found it to be a harder puzzle than when I did it years ago.

I’m done with Twitter. I’ll miss it but I have to take a stand.

Have a good day.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 12:25 pm
Hello friends.

Gayle, you are doing great.

Jackie, it will take awhile for you to get used to your new normal. (((Hugs)))

I’m home from my hair appointment. I was very nervous. But I had underestimated my hairdresser and she did a good job at disinfecting and other special tasks. We both wore masks the whole time. This was a perm so I was there for almost two hours. She did have a customer come inside just as I was leaving but the other lady was also wearing a mask.

This afternoon I have my FaceTime with friends. This may be the last one. We are thinking of going to an outdoor cafe next week. One friend has not said if she feels comfortable so we’ll see what she says this afternoon.

I finished half of my NYT jigsaw puzzle yesterday. What I didn’t anticipate was that it was hard to read the small print in the image on the box. I have good close-up vision and do not use reading glasses, but I found it to be a harder puzzle than when I did it years ago.

I’m done with Twitter. I’ll miss it but I have to take a stand.

Have a good day.
I was reading my May Vanity Fair and there was an article about the Twitter founder. A little strange, but i guess they have to have some catchy thing going for them?

I don't use Twitter and from what the article said - they are not as popular as Facebook, but i guess has more exposure due to who tweets????

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Back from the 'mat

Boy i missed the lady attendant. I wanted to give her a hug, but you can't.

The place looked so much better. She is always cleaning, dusting, mopping.

I did all the pet fleece blankets and their towels. It just took one big machine. I love those things.

Got to read my magazines. Strange I cannot read them here at home - :mrgreen:

Now I am doing my personal laundry here at home. Summer always makes for lots of laundry.

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Jackie, little cats always leave a big empty place in the house. (((HUGS)))

My day sort of got derailed. Homeless Buddy is getting very few hours at his job and so we fired up the job search machine for him this morning and put in applications at six places. I have my hopes up about one as the cook at a grocery store deli. I think he could manage that well and it's close to where I will be working.

Then we had the hot water control knob stop controlling in the hallway bathroom's tub and had to make an emergency call to the plumber. This is the fifth time in two months we've had to use our home warranty, which we are grateful to have but I bet the cost goes out of sight next year.

I had heard that Goodwill had reopened and is accepting donations, which turned out to be the case, so Homeless Buddy and I took the huge bag of stuff from my closet to donate it. Turns out there was no one at the ramp to accept donations, and we had to wait until a woman not wearing a mask finished unloading and drove away. I think she had half a house crammed into her car!

We also did our quick trip to Food Lion, and I was pleased to see that it has plenty of meats and appears to be sufficiently stocked again with pretty much everything. I was afraid for awhile it would go out of business because it had such severe supply problems.
Mackie

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 1:19 pm
I was reading my May Vanity Fair and there was an article about the Twitter founder. A little strange, but i guess they have to have some catchy thing going for them?

I don't use Twitter and from what the article said - they are not as popular as Facebook, but i guess has more exposure due to who tweets????
I don’t know much about “@Jack” but he has let Twitter become a cesspool.

I read it mostly for figure skating and royal news and cut out all news sources except CBC and CTV (my adopted country) awhile ago.