Main dish bean recipes

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
rhondarhoffman

Main dish bean recipes

Post by rhondarhoffman »

Hello everyone!!!! I was wondering if anyone had any good main dish bean recipes they would be willing to share? With all the meat shortages, prices going up etc I was looking for some recipes. Have a BEAUTIFUL day!!!!

Jackielou

Re: Main dish bean recipes

Post by Jackielou »

Check out the Recipe folder. There could be a few there, and if not that will be where posters will put them when they answer your post.

littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

rhondarhoffman wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 4:48 pm
Hello everyone!!!! I was wondering if anyone had any good main dish bean recipes they would be willing to share? With all the meat shortages, prices going up etc I was looking for some recipes. Have a BEAUTIFUL day!!!!
Rhondarhoffman, could you be a little more specific of what you are looking for? I am assuming you want dishes that use dried beans. This is a site that I have used to get recipes from that you might enjoying looking for ideas on.https://www.acouplecooks.com/best-bean-recipes/

You are so right about prices going up and if I were you I would stock-pile as many bags as you can for your pantry. I sure am after what we've been through the past two months. So glad to see you posting and hope you will join us. This is a wonderful group of people who will help you any way they can. You have a beautiful day as well!

BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

I found small bags of rice and beans at Grocery Outlet this morning. These items were hard to find anywhere last month so I plan to buy a few every time I shop. GO also had larger bags of rice but I have plenty of that. Stock up a little bit at a time now so you won't be accused of hoarding if you buy too much especially if they become scarce again.

Bev

rhondarhoffman

Post by rhondarhoffman »

Jackielou wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 4:57 pm
Check out the Recipe folder. There could be a few there, and if not that will be where posters will put them when they answer your post.
Thank you for this information and I will

rhondarhoffman

Post by rhondarhoffman »

littlemiss63 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 1:32 am
Rhondarhoffman, could you be a little more specific of what you are looking for? I am assuming you want dishes that use dried beans. This is a site that I have used to get recipes from that you might enjoying looking for ideas on.https://www.acouplecooks.com/best-bean-recipes/

You are so right about prices going up and if I were you I would stock-pile as many bags as you can for your pantry. I sure am after what we've been through the past two months. So glad to see you posting and hope you will join us. This is a wonderful group of people who will help you any way they can. You have a beautiful day as well!
This looks like a wonderful website and yes, I am looking or dry bean recipes...I am a stockpiler by nature (nice that I have a 12 ft by 10 ft pantry in my unheated basement;)