Daily Check-in June 2, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Daily Check-in June 2, 2020

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. I had a rough day yesterday and went to bed at 10:00 PM and now wide awake. Had to take Teddi to the vet yesterday for an allergy shot which turned in to a $312.84 bill. He has ear infections in both ears and a skin infection on his right hip. Then the vet mentioned he was due for his heartworm test in 9 days and his rabies shot the first of July. She wanted to know if I would like to have those two done while he was there so I decided to bite the bullet so I would not have to come back to the office again. Poor little Teddi has not eaten in two days so I stopped at McDonald's to buy him a plain cheeseburger. He only gets the meat and cheese. He took 4 nibbles and then turned away. Later last night I nuked some rice and crumbled the burger up in it. Usually he will scarf it down. He would not eat it. He is like a little zombie . He just sits and stares.. I carried him to my bed and he finally went to sleep. I hope she did not give him too much with the injections and medications all at once. She also had to put some antibiotics in both ears. He was suppose to start on an antibiotic last night for his skin infection but I did not try since it is oral and he is not wanting to eat. The vet's office is still doing pandemic practice of calling them from the parking lot and they come out to pick up the pet and take them in for the exam. I actually like doing things this way.

Hope everyone is doing ok and staying safe.
Last edited by alliesmama4 on Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check-in June 2, 2020

Post by alliesmama4 »

Clem and Creative... Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday Dear Clem and Creative, Happy birthday to you. May you both have many, many more. Enjoy your day.
Janet Alliesmama
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

It stayed chilly yesterday as it did not go above 55 and was predicted to be in the mid-60s. Today hopefully it will reach the mid-60s but will not be a super sunny day.

I woke up at 2:30 this morning and tried to get back to sleep but couldn't. Finally after tossing and turning for about and hour and a half got up around 4:00. I'm tired now (6:00) but I'm afraid if I lay down now I won't get back up so easily. Will have to plan some rest time when I get back from the hospital.

I'll be going for an antibody test this morning and they say results take about 2 days. I expect that it will be negative, but with this virus who knows how many ways it can be transmitted.

My hair stylist called me last week and said she was going to be up here tomorrow to do her customers' hair at home. (my area is tentatively scheduled to go into Phase 2 on June 9th). Initially she mentioned she'd be here at 8:30 so I made an assumption that I would be first; but by the end of the conversation found out I'm last on the list. I am still not trusting due to living in the #1 hotspot of the U.S. I don't know any of the others and how they've lived these last 90 days or so (how they got their groceries, who they had been in contact, who their family they might have been in contact with if they had gotten help from others) . . . someone could be positive (and still contagious) and not know it. I know she said she'd be wearing a mask and gloves but I don't know if that is 100% risk-free. If she's up here at 8:30, she can do a minimim of 1.5 people an hour so I figure she could work on at least 7 people or more by the time she gets to me and I'm not so sure I'm willing to take that risk. I'll give it some more thought but I think I'm going to call her and tell her that I will schedule when area does reopen as her 1st customer or wait until she can give me the 1st customer spot. I don't mind if it's in the salon because the place is at least 2-1/2 times larger than my apartment and there's rarely more than 4 to 5 people at a time there anyway with more than ample distancing between the stations. If it was going to be nice which is isn't (thunderstorms predicted), I'd have washed my hair before she got here and had her cut it outside. I think I'm a bit too fearful of it yet.

Other than that, today will be a spontaneous day as I haven't planned anything special for today.

Dinner tonight will be tacos. I plan on finishing the shells and the last of the meat that I have since I have lettuce, cheese and tomatoes in my fridge.

Today has been designated as "National Rocky Road Day" all about eating ice cream, specifically the flavor Rocky Road.

You can make your own Rocky Road ice cream by adding some nuts (almonds and/or pecans), mini marshmallows, and chunks of semisweet chocolate to your favorite ice cream. So if you're a fan of the flavor and have in your freezer, enjoy! If you don't but have another flavor of ice cream available, don't be afraid to substitute (even without the nuts, marshmallows, etc.

Have a good day.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning Janet, Logics and all,

Sorry to hear about your furbaby Janet and Happy birthday to Clem and MrsC. Hope your day goes well and your test results good Logics.

After working too hard in the yard on Sunday and getting too much sun, yesterday was an easier day. Went shopping. Got needed food and stuff. Wore my back brace while messing with concrete blocks. Back is good this morning, so far. Rested and ready to go today.

Today, I will drill the hole in the rain barrel for the drain outlet into the second barrel. I am assuming the barrel is soft plastic. And then hook up a temporary overflow to it until I can get the second barrel set up. Should make for an interesting day. Rain chance goes up today, so we will see what else gets done. Waiting on my new solar exterior pole lamp due to today or tomorrow.

Mike of Mike's weather page, has expressed some concern that this "blob" in the Gulf could end up a hurricane. Rain for Florida, wind to the west. That would be several days of potentially intense rain. Should be interesting. Still eating down on the last of my freezer food. I had a lot more than I realized.

I called snowbird yesterday to tell her a papaya was ripening along the divider garden. She likes the papaya and feels the sun ripened, organic ones may boost her immune system. We met at the divider garden and I pulled it off for her. She said she is heading back north at the end of June. I wished her well. I hope the lilies bloom along the divider before she leaves. She has said she loves their sweet scent. They are late this year for some reason. The food fence provided to the neighborhood is finished now. The cherries are done as are the tomatoes. Just flowers now.

Today, I am grateful what everything I have and my good life. Have a good day all.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

Clem, Happy Birthday!! Hope you have a great day - and birthday month.

Creative, Happy Birthday to you! Hearing about the Covid19 outbreak at your hospital reminds me the pandemic isn’t over and I can’t be complacent. Since the hospital chose not to test your DD, they must believe the chances are slim that she has been exposed to the virus but I understand the concern by your DH and you. I would use the dishwasher if you have one as Penny suggested rather than make a special trip to the store for paper plates and cups.

LittleMiss, I hope that your pulled hip muscle heals quickly. I don’t have much medical knowledge but how about a cortisone shot to give you some relief?

Today I’ll pick up my Walmart order late morning. Then to mom’s house to put some things there and do a bit of work if I feel like it. I did a lot of clipping on the bougainvillea yesterday and picked up branches in the front yard. Old sneakers I use in the yard complexly fell apart but luckily I have another old pair at my house that I’ll now use in mom’s yard. (I usually buy these shoes at JC Penney although I can get them elsewhere. I may buy a new pair now just in case JCP does not survive.) Last evening we had a heavy rain (thankfully) so I’ll check the rain gauge.

A few days ago I dropped all the donations at Salvation Army. I think Mackie mentioned that her Goodwill was open so I called SA. They still had people (no masks) helping to unload cars. I had three boxes of donations I had been collecting so was glad to get them out of the house.

Yesterday I called the travel insurance company about the policy I bought with my ticket to Copenhagen. I got a refund ($86) with no problem and only a quick conversation. For my Montreal ticket I automatically got the travel insurance refund but not on this one most likely because I took a Delta credit rather than a refund.

I never ordered my Rx so will do that this morning.

Have a good day.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

alliesmama4 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:27 am Clem and Creative... Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday Dear Clem and Creative, Happy birthday to you. May you both have many, many more. Enjoy your day.
Thank you!