Daily Check-in June 18,2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
littlemiss63

Daily Check-in June 18,2020

Post by littlemiss63 »

I am awake at this ungodly hour so l will get us started.

LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check-in June 18,2020

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Well you're not the only one up, Little Miss. I signed onto my computer before 5:00A.

Today will be similar to yesterday, near 80 but the humidity is definitely starting to develop. The last 5 days were absolutely wonderful.

Nothing special planned. I think I will take some time to go through my emails and put together those that have links to the virtual events and activities especially the museums. It would be nice to have all of them in one folder for future reference. I'll put out my coloring page and work on that for a while also. I started a new paperback book yesterday so I will continue that as well. It's a small one so it should take me about another 2 hours of reading to complete it.

I've been watching You Tube Videos on something called "Struggle Meals". The young man puts together meals that cost about $2.00 per person per meal. He's actually pretty funny. The only thing I don't like is that he calls upon his "packet" drawer, a very large collection of condiments gotten from fast food restaurants. I don't find things like ketchup and mustard, or salt expensive. And if you're saving significant $ on the meal itself, keeping mayo, soy sauce, and vinegar shouldn't be a big deal either.

I had 6 days to choose from today, but the only one I really liked is "International Picnic Day". I don't see much rain on the map for today so it could be a perfect day to go outdoors and have a picnic whether it be at the park in your back yard.

Picnics date back to Medieval times, when outdoors feasts were held to celebrate a successful hunt. Picnics really grew in popularity during the Victorian Era in England.

A picnic can include outdoor games before or after the meal. Common picnic foods include hamburgers, hot dogs, macaroni, potato salad and baked beans. But chicken and spare ribs make for a tasty treat also and don't forget corn on the cob!

Have a wonderful day.

littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Morning Everyone,

I slept good from 7:30 last night till 4:30 this morning, so really can't complain except there is nothing to do this time of morning that I want to do. :lol:

I don't know what type of day we will be having, but yesterday was just beautiful. Finally warmed up, but the nights are still awfully cool for June weather. I will take it, but it can stand to be a little warmer for me too. I have gotten so cold natured.

The Peach Truck is coming this morning so my daughter and I will be going at 9:00 to get our box of peaches. I hope they are really good this year for we are planning on canning, pickling and preserving ours. We love peach jelly, and there is nothing like an old-fashioned peach cobbler from a jar this winter and she makes wonderful pickled peaches. I am not much of a canner, but she is. We bought a couple of boxes last year and they were wonderful. I haven't heard how the crop in Georgia was this year, but we will soon find out.

We will then come back and she's going to paint my master bedroom today. I hope by the end of the week to have selected my carpet and by the first of July my bedroom will probably look like I have dreamed that it would for a couple of years. I bought new comforter and drapes a couple of years ago plus some decorative pillow for the bed, but seems that one thing or the other has happened to keep me from finishing it.

I tackled the paper monster yesterday and caught up on my filing for the first time in I don't know when. Dialysis went well and seems like my arm is finally trying to cooperate a little better. I live in fear each time I walk into the place that they want be able to get both those needles in. We have a new girl named Amiee that has been very successful as my little Hawaiian is taking a new job at the end of the month. I will sure miss her, but thankful there is someone else that can take over.

I have paid all my bills for the month and other than basis household bills, it was a very good month, extra $'s left over for savings. That is a very good feeling.

Well good people, I am going to look for something for my breakfast and get dressed for my day. Hope all of you are blessed beyond what you can handle.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all!

I am awake because this is my new wake-up time. So far so good.

Well did have some issues with my senior dog. I swear he has dementia. He kept hopping off the bed. Started about 3am. Thank goodness i had been asleep since 9, so don't feel sleepy.

Poor thing would start barking. He had already done his business on his pads. He drank water. Finally I gave him and the others a snack. Then he settled down. He has food available. Always keep their bowl filled, but guess he wanted something different. He finally went back to sleep.

I made sure to get up at 5 so I would have time to piddle around before I take off on my walk. Yesterday was awful. In such a rush.

Hope all have a great day

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning everyone,

Had a visit from a friend. We took a socially distanced walk and caught up. She borrowed my bike too. It was so nice. Like I have said before, I feel like I should get out a take a walk, but cannot seem to motivate myself. But it felt good.

Not much else is new. DS2 took a video of his bedroom in the college house. He's pretty proud of it. LOL1 He said he hopes he can keep it neat.

Have a great day,
Maggie

Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning beautiful people,

Another beautiful day outside and I fully intend to celebrate Picnic Day - it will be in our own backyard though. Dh is going golfing today. We had a nice day yesterday and actually went for two walks. In the morning we went on a fairly secluded river path. In the afternoon we walked by the waterfront and the cool breeze from Lake Superior was actually welcomed as it was quite hot. More of the same is predicted for today.

Yesterday I received a call from the Cancer Centre and I will be starting treatment today. My appointment is late morning so I’ll play it by ear what I’ll do in the afternoon. Dh wanted to stay back but I encouraged him to go to golf. He can’t come inside the hospital and side effects are not usually felt until the second week anyway. I intend to walk to and from the hospital. It’s only a little more than half a mile anyway and as much exercise as possible is encouraged.

The house and garden are both in very good shape and there’s nothing pressing I must do. Lots of food on hand as well which is a good feeling. Some frozen entrees to fall back on as well.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative