Daily Check in June 19, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in June 19, 2020

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning Frugal friends,

No insomniac earlybirds? I hope everyone slept well.

Not much new here. My friend said we walked 3.5 miles Wed evening. Last night I took a 30 minute walk. I can feel it.

It is Friday, so I have laundry going. Nothing new happening here. Wash, Lather, rinse, repeat.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Dgflorida

Re: Daily Check in June 19, 2020

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning Maggie and all,

The day is overcast with rain looking clouds. Yesterday was moderately successful and I am looking forward to another successful day.

Yesterday was predicted to get some rain, so I didn't turn on the irrigation. My poor babies in the ground were very sad by the afternoon. I turned on the irrigation and it clouded up. But it did it just to annoy me. It didn't rain. Yesterday's plan was to take another step to putting up the solar pole light I bought online. I tried to assemble the base which was a screw into the ground piece to a flat surface base. The screws attaching the two pieces were missing. I went through my extensive collection of screws, nothing fit right. So off to Ace hardware. 3 screws were perfect. The last hole was stripped. Grrrr. Went with a larger, but shorter screw and finally the unit was secured. Nothing about this light has been easy. Today, I plan to screw the base unit into the hole I dug out and will refill with easy sand for an easier placement. At least, that is the theory.

The handyman is scheduled to come today, but he was supposed to call last night and didn't. So I have no idea if he is coming or when. I do need to go to Walmart for a couple of items, so I will just go and hope it works out.

My neighbor, who fell on her back 2 days ago and had to go to the hospital, is due for surgery this morning. While she fractured a vertebra with the fall, the operation is for a intestinal blockage that showed up when she fell. Yeah, scratching my head on that one. Her husband seems lost without her. They did everything together. Sure hope she gets well soon.

Beside working on the solar light pole, I plan to mow a bit of grass and put a load of laundry on the line. So could be a busy day.

Today, I am grateful for my flowers, vegetables and butterflies. They keep me happy. Have a good day everyone.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I am up.

Ready to go hit the trail

Slept well, but had weird dreams. Still darkish outside. For some reason, I thought sun would be out by now. Maybe just too cloudy.

Tomorrow is the official start of summer!
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Temp to be low 80s with a bit more humidity so will need some air circulation in my apartment. Being in second floor apartment with sun overhead all day it does get warm.

Nothing special planned, will take whatever comes along, although I do have to go out to get a prescription later.

Dinner tonight is ziti; will make enough to have leftover for Sunday.

Other than Juneteenth, today is World Sauntering Day, a day to saunter here and there, wherever you go. I guess my plans for today might fit well here LOL.

You can spend your life walking, jogging or being dragged through life, but it can be much more fun if you saunter through it. Its doubly true if you saunter with a friend or loved one.

Sauntering is a form of strolling a very casual, yet stylish, form of movement from point A to Point B. The dictionary defines sauntering as walking along slowly, happily and aimlessly.

Have a fun day and don't forget to "saunter around".
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ... a quick hello before I start work.

Another warm day today ... highs supposed to hit the 90s. Slipped out to give my garden a bit of water.

Otherwise, been concentrating on some cleaning. Haven't gotten to the touch-up, but did paint a beat-up clay pot to use for a plant that needs to be repotted.

The big declutter project here is that DH plans to get rid of some scrap metal today. We've rounded up various odds and ends, including some (non-working) small appliances. I don't know if he'll get much $, but it will be nice to have this stuff out of the house.

Been working a bit on repurposing old quilt squares into a comforter. Easy thing to do on breaks from the job ...
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Very cool here today, but the sun is at least shining brightly. Yesterday was cloudy, windy and cold. It didn't feel much like an end of spring day at all.

I got busy sewing and baking yesterday and never really got back on to chat. I have the elastic to finish on two masks (will do that this morning) and a few little chores to accomplish before I head north to youngest DS's. It is not supposed to be a very nice weekend so I have a feeling that instead of taking a walk in a new area of that city (following the arrows in the park and social distancing) I will be lucky if I get to walk around his building a few times. Mind you going up and down the stairs does give me a pretty good work out, especially carrying in things (the leaving isn't so transport heavy).

Other than that not really much is happening around here. Hubby is having fun with his graphs and charts, I keep on cleaning and sewing (though now I know I could make 7 masks in a day easily with no distractions like baking or shopping). Knowing this will make the last 21 masks with pocket for filter much easier to accomplish by the end of this month. That would be another goal for this month done and no carry over to next month (I rather doubt that will happen though, I get bored sewing the same thing over and over and will definitely need a break).

There should be no spending today what with my traveling up to the city, and tomorrow I plan on dragging DS shopping for himself (just to see how he does) and he can spend some of his own cash. I just want to see how he carries it up the stairs to his apartment.

I think I just might take a container of soup up to DS's for supper tonight. Lately when we go up we try and take one big meal up with us to share during our stay. There is a container of soup in the freezer that has been there for awhile now. It should be used up anyway (plan on making more to stash for any hospital surgery related recovery problems I might have).

Other than that I really have nothing to say. Kind of down today and I think it is because of the sky and the fact that I want the surgery over with. At this point in time I would almost wish the diagnosis would have been something else. I would have been in and out in no time at all.

I will try and check in when I get to youngest DS's.

Joy today will be in getting to see youngest DS and even Eiko for a little bit.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/