Warning: Political

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Sandy

Re: Warning: Political

Post by Sandy »

ohjodi wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:52 pm
Another reason to vote early, either by mail-in ballot, or going to your courthouse to vote early in person, is that .....

.....you don't know what could come up on Nov 3 to prevent you from voting that day. You might be snowed in with 12" of snow. There could be 80mph winds, hail, tornados, flash flooding. An earthquake. Forest fires. Your car might break down. You broke your glasses and can't drive. You might be really sick with the flu or something. You sprained your ankle. Your dog has a vet emergency. You're stuck in the hospital. You've fallen and you can't get up!

I LOVE to vote in person. I missed voting one time because I was snowed in....it was for a very minor election, or maybe just voting for a thing and not a person, I don't remember. But I was really disappointed that I couldn't make it.

VOTE AS SOON AS YOU CAN!!
And with the antichrist as the incumbent, we could even have frogs, locusts, flies and boils!!

ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

Sandy wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:00 pm
And with the antichrist as the incumbent, we could even have frogs, locusts, flies and boils!!
LOL! No doubt....... and 2020 being what it is!!
ohjodi

ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

How to pronounce her name...Kamala

I'ts COMMA-la.

Not, as I have been saying, like Pamela.

I used to say Comma-la early on, but then kept hearing it like Pamela, so I thought that's it, but I was wrong.

Clip from the Washington Post:

"Harris was promoting her memoir, “The Truths We Hold,” which had a few paragraphs on just this question.

“It’s Kamala,” Harris said. “Just think like ‘comma,’ and add a ‘la.’ ”

Co-host Joy Behar suggested the name was like Pamela, “like we’re used to.” Not quite, Harris corrected her.

The name Kamala means “lotus,” a prominent symbol in Asian cultures, she said."
ohjodi

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

ohjodi wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:15 pm
How to pronounce her name...Kamala

I'ts COMMA-la.

Not, as I have been saying, like Pamela.

I used to say Comma-la early on, but then kept hearing it like Pamela, so I thought that's it, but I was wrong.

Clip from the Washington Post:

"Harris was promoting her memoir, “The Truths We Hold,” which had a few paragraphs on just this question.

“It’s Kamala,” Harris said. “Just think like ‘comma,’ and add a ‘la.’ ”

Co-host Joy Behar suggested the name was like Pamela, “like we’re used to.” Not quite, Harris corrected her.

The name Kamala means “lotus,” a prominent symbol in Asian cultures, she said."
I would pronounce it like Kamala - the wrestler. Does anyone remember him. Kamala the Ugandan Giant. We used to watch wrestling on Saturdays and he was a favorite. Weirdly he died two days ago. And his real last name was Harris.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamala_(wrestler)

jckitty

Post by jckitty »

I will do early voting.
I am very happy with Kamala Harris.
I mentally and physically NEED Biden/Harris to win.

Seriously I don't know if I have enough strength to get thru another 4 years of "him".....I am so fearful now that I hear his voice or name and just can barely cope.
I fear he is trying to set his family up as a dynasty reign of presidents and believe Pence would run as a "place holder" .
JCKitty

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

My aide and I both discussed this today. We go to different voting areas but we plan on going in person as well. Since the rumpster's good friend, and supporter, is now in charge of the Post Office we do not want to take a chance on any kind of mail problem holding up mail in votes.
Janet Alliesmama