Warning: Political

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Warning: Political

Post by ChristmasTrees »

I am voting as soon as I can!

Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Wolf yes. My son is now working. Just not as many hours as he could and in the restaursnt profession where scheduling is day to day. Should have clarified that..ill change it. I will be moving there and subsidizing his rent here for now. It is what it is. My sister is on 1400 a month unemployment..which is what her SS will be in March. Officially she's looking but unofficially that's exactly what her SS will.be so this is kind of hance to see if she can live on it or not...she also has a very small pension. She has 6 months till full SS and is in limbo.

As blog readers know Iive in the land where every voter automatically gets a ballot at the beginning of October and then we can mail it, drop it in a secure safe-like box, or take it to our polling place. Wonder of wonders, it works. And we even have a Republucan Senator.(&#@! Corey Gardner).

I love Harris. I do occasionally worry that we drift to far from Center and that's part of the party's problem If Pelosi were on the ticket I might have to abstain. She's been in my &#@! list for awhile. Sorry about the swearing.
http://richlyretired.blogspot.com

Sandy

Post by Sandy »

clemencia2us wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:46 pm
They don't bring the voting items to your car?

My sibling works the elections

If someone can't get out of their car, they take the ballot to them. Now since it is all electronic, it is an Ipad.
My doctor's office is "paper free". They use a tablet for everything from signing in to taking notes as they examine you.

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

Kamala Harris was born in the USA of immigrants she became an eligible citizen the day she was born at least as far as citizenship is concerned. She didn't meet the age requirements then of course but she did that the day she became 35.

Even babies born to those in the country with out legal protection are still citizens. This is why tRump and others call them anchor babies.

Penny

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

No more SS tax?

So SS will come from the general fund? Doesn't that come from taxes?

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:56 pm
No more SS tax?

So SS will come from the general fund? Doesn't that come from taxes?
If SS does not have a dedicated source of funding (SS tax) it will be subject to the same cuts in annual spending (benefits) as any other government program. It will be easier to make cuts - first 1% (“oh that’s nothing”), then another 3% (“it won’t hurt most people”) and on an on. This is what the GOP has wanted for YEARS.