Warning: Political

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
chocolite

Warning: Political

Post by chocolite »

I just read that six staffers of Trump's advance team who have been setting up the Tulsa rally have tested positive for coronavirus. Such idiocy. So irresponsible. But you know what? THIN THE HERD.
Patty
MackerelCat

Re: Warning: Political

Post by MackerelCat »

You would think that the possibility of killing off their supporters would occur to them. *shakes head* I cannot believe these days we live in.
Mackie
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

chocolite wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:52 pm I just read that six staffers of Trump's advance team who have been setting up the Tulsa rally have tested positive for coronavirus. Such idiocy. So irresponsible. But you know what? THIN THE HERD.
Source, please? (Genuine curiosity, because some variations of the testing take time for the results to come back, whereas the antibody test the family and I took were 15-minute tests - which I wonder about the validity of).

I don't doubt a bunch of people will get sick - if only because OK case #s are rising, and within the state Tulsa's #s are spiking, and then all the folks who are gathering... just a bad idea.

But I doubt his constituency would get tested or even see a doctor if they get sick as a result of this - they'll sit home in denial (but not until after they've spread it around - because it's a "hoax," don't cha know :roll: ).

All the other gatherings aren't doing the area any good, either.

As for the herd, as long as there's an electoral college, OK's #s will go to the red side. I don't spend a lot of time in OKC, but I do in Tulsa and while there's a more diverse collection of people there, I don't think it's strong enough to tip the scale; the only way change will be effected from here is if the electoral college is done away with so the individual votes count.
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Sandy - according to CNN this information was released by the Trump campaign and testing all campaign orders is apparently standard before events.

I struggle with this so much. My initial guy reaction is to think "breathe deeply idiots" because of their lack of responsibility, knowledge and just plain common sense. Then I try and remember these are human beings and though they have no regard for my health or anyone else's health and are self destructive, I should not wish them afflicted because of this. But I have tell you it is hard. The darker forces of my nature are strong in this argument back and forth. Some part of me thinks it is reasonable to wish they would suffer the effects of their actions. This golden rule stuff is easier said than done.

My niece is a nurse in Tulsa. I feel like these folks are making an attempt on her life and it makes me angry.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

wow - had not heard about this!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

colonialgirl wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:07 pm Sandy - according to CNN this information was released by the Trump campaign and testing all campaign orders is apparently standard before events.

I struggle with this so much. My initial guy reaction is to think "breathe deeply idiots" because of their lack of responsibility, knowledge and just plain common sense. Then I try and remember these are human beings and though they have no regard for my health or anyone else's health and are self destructive, I should not wish them afflicted because of this. But I have tell you it is hard. The darker forces of my nature are strong in this argument back and forth. Some part of me thinks it is reasonable to wish they would suffer the effects of their actions. This golden rule stuff is easier said than done.

My niece is a nurse in Tulsa. I feel like these folks are making an attempt on her life and it makes me angry.
I like that - the darker forces of my nature.

I'll do it for you - Breathe DEEP lol