Daily Check-in June 22, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check-in June 22, 2020

Post by clemencia2us »

oh and today was the longest I have ever worn a mask.

I was sweating! But able to keep going.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

littlemiss63 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:35 pm
Good Afternoon Everyone,

I do believe that Mackie turned around and sent the rain right back to me this morning/ :roll: :roll: I got up this morning, looked out my window and guess what I saw, a beautiful gently falling rain. Of course, I had to be out in it, but I was careful and eventho the hip is much much better, I called when I got almost to the center and asked for them to send out me a wheel chair. I am almost out of the woods on this injury and I'm not going to take the slightest chance of slipping and falling. My buddy that sits in the chair next to mine was coming out as I was going in this morning and he told me today would be his last day. He is moving to Florida to be near his son and his family. We don't discuss any personal stuff when were are doing dialysis so I was very surprised to learn this. I am really going to miss him to kid around and laugh with.

My treatment went fabulous today. This new technician is a gem. She moved here from Canada and I am sure glad she did.

I am planning on doing my SIL's Father Day Dinner tomorrow night. The forecast is calling for rain. There is an eve that overhangs at my garage entrance and we'll move my car out and put the grill there to cook our steaks tomorrow night if it should rain. It's a gas grill with a big hood so it want cause a fire hazard. I am planning a menu of Ribeye Steaks, Mashed Potatoes, fresh Corn on the Cob, Tossed Salad,Homemade Rolls, Peach Cobbler and ice cream. I saved enough of the peaches from my purchase this week-end to make a nice big one. He loves cobbler and this will give him extra to take home for his lunches the rest of the week.

I was up at 6:00 this morning flash freezing peaches from the 25 lb box. We got them Thursday and it took them until this morning to ripen, but oh my goodness are they ever wonderful. Can't beat Georgia Peaches! I have probably 25 left in my refrigerator cold storage drawer that I will bring out Wednesday to finish freezing them. DD took half of the box home with her when she was here on Thursday that she's planning on making spiced peaches and canning. It's amazing to me that she knows how to can and I don't. :lol: :lol: To tell the truth I'm afraid of the pressure cooker blowing up on me and I haven't been able to overcome the fear. She makes all kinds of stuff and it doesn't bother her.

Jackie, your car situation was similar to mine when I got my new one 3 1/2 years ago. They were financing 36 months at 0% interest. I was going to pay cash, but you can't pass up being able to keep your money 3 more years and earn as much as you can on it. You got a better deal than I did, I didn't get a gift card. I have enjoyed mine so much and your hubby will love the heated steering wheel. Mine is the same way, I wanted everything on it since, I figured this would be the last vehicle I would purchase. I hope he got heated seats too. I have both heated & air conditioned and they are wonderful in both seasons.

Well good people, I am going to take me a little nap as I didn't sleep worth a flip last night. All of you stay safe.
Both heated and cooled seats here as well. The dang push buttons scare me and this car has way more power than the last one. I better watch it or I will be speeding.

chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Jackie, congrats on the new car. All the bells and whistles sound lovely.

Evening, everyone. We've had gentle rain off and off today, which my flowers loved. I cut up a watermelon and cantaloupe that have been sitting on my counter for several days, and they are both ripe and sweet. I'm still on a mission to find some good sweet tomatoes. Still haven't made it to the farmers market, but maybe one day later this week.

I finished a "real" book today and took it out to my trunk. I keep a box in the back of my vehicle and when it gets full I take it to our local library for their use. I haven't been by to drop off books in quite awhile because I'm not 100% sure if they are taking books these days. It's pretty safe for me because I don't have to get out of the car or come in contact with anyone. Our state and our county both are having record-breaking days for new virus cases, so I still want to be very vigilant and careful. The Memphis mayor has mandated that everyone out in the public wear a mask, but Lord knows there will always be fools.

I did a clean out the fridge night last night for supper and today I washed the fridge. It's crazy how gross it can get. One of the shelves in the door had definitely contained a leak. I wiped off all the condiment bottles and jars and still couldn't figure out which one was responsible but oh well. It looks much better - and I feel much better - now.

Have a good night.
Patty

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Little Miss, it has rained several times here today. It's pouring down right now.

Today I cleaned house: dusted, dustmopped, damp wiped down the furniture, sprayed Lysol on the throw pillows and rugs, scooped litter boxes, thoroughly cleaned the kitchen, vacuumed the back porch and the inside of my car, laundered the sofa throws, and put fresh tablecloths on both tables. Also scanned a pile of receipts to Fetch Rewards, framed a little art print of a chicken for the kitchen, and ripped some music CDs to a memory stick to listen to in the car. And I pulled a few weeds in the back yard, which really needs a machete and a flamethrower after all this rain!

I took Little Single Mom's children to daycare this morning and picked them up this afternoon. She and I wrestled with her dryer exhaust hose to get it back in place after it fell off, but we got it done.

Homeless Buddy has the day off work. He has not felt well lately and he and I decided together that he needed to start drinking Ensure-type drinks again to try to keep his strength up. So yesterday we went to Walmart and got a case of his favorite flavor.

DS had a lengthy dentist appointment this morning to get three fillings done. He has about ten more to go. The mouthful of cavities are a side effect of the broken jaw he had a few years ago that misaligned his teeth.

It's been a tiring day. Whew!
Mackie

littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

clemencia2us wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:50 pm
I like the Ranch Dressing flavor, but figure since I keep packets of the dry ranch dressing mix on hand, i will just add that.

A friend of mine made some very yummy chicken salad and she told me that was her "secret" ingredient. So I add it to that also.

I also love the lemon pepper flavor, but I have that in a shaker also - so there you go!
I will have to try that in chicken salad, it sounds yummy. I too, love the lemon pepper and use it everywhere. I love a little sprinkled on my tuna salad, I don't add it into the salad when I am making it. A Vlasic dill pickle strip on the side with my low salt Ritz crackers and I'm a happy woman.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:17 pm
Little Miss, it has rained several times here today. It's pouring down right now.

Today I cleaned house: dusted, dustmopped, damp wiped down the furniture, sprayed Lysol on the throw pillows and rugs, scooped litter boxes, thoroughly cleaned the kitchen, vacuumed the back porch and the inside of my car, laundered the sofa throws, and put fresh tablecloths on both tables. Also scanned a pile of receipts to Fetch Rewards, framed a little art print of a chicken for the kitchen, and ripped some music CDs to a memory stick to listen to in the car. And I pulled a few weeds in the back yard, which really needs a machete and a flamethrower after all this rain!

I took Little Single Mom's children to daycare this morning and picked them up this afternoon. She and I wrestled with her dryer exhaust hose to get it back in place after it fell off, but we got it done.

Homeless Buddy has the day off work. He has not felt well lately and he and I decided together that he needed to start drinking Ensure-type drinks again to try to keep his strength up. So yesterday we went to Walmart and got a case of his favorite flavor.

DS had a lengthy dentist appointment this morning to get three fillings done. He has about ten more to go. The mouthful of cavities are a side effect of the broken jaw he had a few years ago that misaligned his teeth.

It's been a tiring day. Whew!
Wow Mackie you did a lot. I do not know how you were able to do all of that and still be able to write..lol. You are amazing.
Janet Alliesmama