Good morning Friday June 26

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
chocolite

Re: Good morning Friday June 26

Post by chocolite »

Good morning y'all. Just checked -- yes, it's still morning although it feels like much later. Had trouble sleeping last night. Woke up numerous times. I finally gave it up around 5:00 and just got up.

I went to Walgreens this morning to pick up a prescription. Decided to run into the store to get some vitamins DH wanted. It was absolutely chilling to see all the people not wearing a mask...even some of the employees. Even though our Mayor issued a mandate that everyone wear a mask when in public. It just shocks me and angers me. I just got my stuff and got out of there. UGH.

It's been overcast all day and the air is heavy with rain. As I was driving home it started misting. Last time I looked it still is. I hope it continues, enough to water the lawn and flowers.

I'm thinking breakfast for supper tonight. Sausage, eggs, and biscuits. Or maybe even toast. I'm feeling really blahhhhhhhhh and don't feel like doing anything. I want so much to be a happy person like Dgflorida but it's a real struggle. My natural inclination is melancholy, and with everything that's going on in our world and country, it's really hard to feel positive. I want to.
Patty
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Hey all -
Happy Friday. Owned I hope you get some sleep and happy birthday Rinty! Always lovely to see you post.

DG - your dance partner is right. I am sorry he is suffering for it. You know it was just a short time ago I would have said something like "surely everyone can agree not spreading disease is a good thing". But not these days.

Myself - and hubs swears I will die in a parking lot, the few times I am out when I pass someone without a mask, I say MASK. If it is in an establishment I lodge a complaint with the manager that his business is not compliant with the rules and then I follow up with an email complaint to corporate.

My opinion is that stores should have a monitor or security posted at the doors and refuse to let unmasked people inside. They bar them for no shirt or no shoes and this is vastly more important. Of course no one has called for my opinion as unlikely as that may sound. But I do take it personally when people are so monumentally stupid or lazy that they will do something that puts others at risk, especially me and mine. It is just wrong. They way people go on you would think they were requesting them to amputate a finger.

Ah well - on to more pleasantries. Dinner tonight is going to be a freezer meal I put together for the crockpot. I made 3 from the internet - one was excellent and one was not good. Hope this 3rd one is ok. Chicken and broccoli in Alfredo sauce. Today I am doing a deep clean of my bed room. Shampooing my mattress as we speak and on the way to bring the portable vac upstairs to use the crevice attachment on the edge of my carpet. I am actually pulling out the furniture and doing a heavy vacuuming underneath as well. I remember the good old days when I could take a room apart and clean it all and put it back together before supper. What used to take me a day takes me a 3 days now. Old age is not for sissies!

Well up and at em. Have a good day all.

Be well,
CG
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

A very productive day. I finished oldest DS's face masks, redid the machine thread for the next set, trimmed the necessary amount off the inner lining fabric, cleaned up the gardens, did some knitting, and got two bedrooms cleaned up.

Resting up before I get a bit more done.

It is another very warm day and the air conditioning feels wonderful.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

clemencia2us wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:30 am You know what - there is nothing wrong with being afraid.

I was put in my place by the COD the other day. He wears a mask whenever he leaves the house.

I asked him if he was afraid. And he said Darn right I am!

Didn't spend almost two years in Vietnam and get shot up twice, two Purple Hears, bronze stars etc, to come home alive and then end up dead from some darn virus that could have been stopped. But no, those that didn't go to war because of some made up condition, want to seem manly. Who is the real man??

So I understand.
Anyone who doesn't have a healthy fear of this virus damn well should. How many people have to die before people will SIMPLY put a mask on to help stop the spread? SCIENCE! It is a simple act of caring for your fellow citizen. Especially for the overworked...overwhelmed.....putting their life on the line EVERY day...health care workers. That is just plain respect. Tell your COD...thanks from me.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

LogicsHere wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:45 am Good morning all.

A bit tired, didn't sleep very well. Hope to catch a bit of a nap later.

Today will be a mostly sunny day in the mid-80s. We're starting out with 91% humidity, but it will be dropping to about 36% as the day goes on.

Just got back from grocery shopping. Went to 2 stores because I wanted peaches and can't pass them up at .99/lb. I still have 2 bags to take in and put away because the reusable bags are so noisy when you've got more than 2 together, I didn't want to wake my neighbors up especially since one sleeps in her living room right near the door.

A little bit later today I will be giving my apartment a good sweep and then mop all the floors including the wood ones. Then hopefully I will have the rest of the day for myself. I also have to stop picking up my phone once in a while also as there are days it seems as though my sister is calling me every half hour.

Are there still some of you who haven't made it to the beauty shop to get your hair done since the reopening? I ask because today is designated as Beautician's Day, a day to show your appreciation to those who make you look and feel so good about ourselves.

In this category they include manicurists as well as hair stylists. Finding the right one can make you glow.

So here's wishing everyone and their beauticians a wonderful day.
Logics, you are so considerate of your neighbors. They must love having you live there!
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

ownedbydogs wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:10 am Few minutes past midnight and I am wide awake. Husband needed me and of course all 4 dogs decided they wanted out. Got about 2 hr sleep. Hope to sleep later, before the sun rises. He has a vet tele conference at 9:30 to see if he qualifies for their hospice program. They will ask him questions that he probably can’t answer, so Jim will have to intervene for him. I don’t understand why people can’t realize that someone who needs hospice and has dementia, doesn’t understand what they want. oh well, everything will go the way the Lord wants it to. Just wish he didn’t have to test us so much.
Owned...I pray things go smoothly, and your DH gets the hospice help that he needs. You are the very best.