June 28 2020 Daily check-in

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: June 28 2020 Daily check-in

Post by clemencia2us »

The weather here has not been too bad. Nice and breezy

To me if it is in the mid 90s - that is great

It has been another slug bug day. Kind of wondering what to do. My family said i need to stay home and not go walking in the morning. I am going to stay home for the recommended days

I heard that another person I know might be infected. A lady about 65 who has health issues. And so does her mom. That is the bad part - mom is almost 90

Word on the street is that it was a college grad party. I tell you they just can't stop getting together. Have to be careful.

SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

littlemiss63 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:07 pm
I'm glad to see all your post and without you I'd already be in Bolivar ( that's our institution in Tennessee for the mentally challenged)
I lived in Jackson, TN for a while & when I read "Bolivar" I knew exactly what you were talking about. :lol:

chocolite

Post by chocolite »

SandiSAHM wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:08 pm
I lived in Jackson, TN for a while & when I read "Bolivar" I knew exactly what you were talking about. :lol:
Littlemiss and Sandi, my DH's mother worked there as a nurse (I want to say it was her very first job). Then when the war came along, both she and her sister got jobs at the pentagon and they moved to DC.
Patty

littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

chocolite wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:52 pm
Littlemiss and Sandi, my DH's mother worked there as a nurse (I want to say it was her very first job). Then when the war came along, both she and her sister got jobs at the pentagon and they moved to DC.
Sandi and Patty, I don' t know anyone who has received treatment there, so I may be the first person I know. :lol: :lol:

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Dgflorida wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:36 am
Good morning Gayle and all,

Good to hear from you Gayle. Glad you are feeling positive and doing some enjoyable things.

Today is supposed to be another hot day in Central Florida. Record breaking heat everywhere. Temperatures reaching 100F and heat indexes of more than 110F. I have bumped the house temperature up to 84F and it feels just fine with the low house humidity and generous use of fans. Frugal savings and less load on the old ac unit and the electrical grid. Reducing the use heat generating appliances as much as possible. Cooking meals outside on the open porch. Turning off lights and turning off the coffee pot after it finishes dripping. I am surprised, but pleased that we haven't had rolling brown/black outs yet.

Yesterday, I started taking concrete blocks out of the truck. I built the concrete block stand for the secondary rain barrel on the sw side of the house and put the rain barrel on the stand. Also staged some more blocks for the rain barrel on the nw side of the house. Also moved some landscape timbers.

Today, I will start mowing and move some more concrete blocks. How much I do outside will be determined by the heat. Normal frugal activities. Stay at home, no shopping day.

Today, I am grateful for a good night's sleep. Have a good day all.
I am just amazed at you that 84°F feels cool-ish. I hope all continues to go well for you in your extreme heat temps.