June 28 2020 Daily check-in

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: June 28 2020 Daily check-in

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Not much going on here.

I did a towel wash, peeled and cut a package of carrots.

Dinner this noon will be roast beef and a salad.

I am getting ready to place an Amazon order. I want to make sure there isn’t any thing else I need. Since so often after I place an order I remember something else I needed or wanted.

Penny
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

We are supposed to get rain this afternoon and we really need it. Our 15 yr old granddaughter has taken over our mowing for a summer job. She uses our riding mower and does a really good job..:)
My veg garden is doing well, so far lots of lettuce and green beans.
I made baked Mac and cheese last night so will have some of that for lunch.
Have a nice day!
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Rinty, your garden sounds so lovely.
Mackie, if anyone deserves a Lazy Day, it is you.
Penny: I can't tell you how many times I've done an Amazon order, THEN remembered something else I needed. But -- you can just do another order. Lord knows, they seem to ship it all separately anyway.

Hey all you cool cats and kittens --

(Random Tiger King reference) :-) That show was such a train wreck but I watched it to the very end...mainly because I live in the south and actually know people who could have been on the show, lol.

It's pretty hot and steamy today. DH did my watering for me early this morning. We'll probably do another for the hanging plants before the end of the day. I have no desire to get out for anything, even if Covid wasn't around. I do need to do a grocery order for pickup tomorrow afternoon or Tuesday morning.

My oven-baked chicken I did yesterday was AWFUL. DH ate it and said it was fine, but mine was inedible. So it's back to the drawing board to find a better breading recipe. We're thinking maybe takeout or delivery tonight.

FLcatlover and Clem -- thank you so much for the recent discussions about Monk. It's been in my list forever but thanks to you I started watching it. I love it! It's pretty addictive, actually.

Have a good Sunday, everyone.
Patty
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Afternoon Everyone,

A very nice day in my part of Tennessee, but to hot to get outside and do any work. I do go out and sit on the patio just to get a little fresh air every once in awhile. I am so tired of staying in this house and if I clean or dust anymore all the finish is going to be off the floor and furniture. :lol: :lol: When I am stressed I clean, and believe me I am stressed. I can't seem to get myself under control. I can't sleep, not to hungry and am a little on the depressed side.

My router went out and since I dropped cable, I couldn't go another day without my TV or Pandora so I bite the bullet and went to Walmart for a new one. I have had a $50.00 gift card that I received from my insurance company back in March and since I have to do my groceries with a credit card, I hadn't had an opportunity to spend it. It was a no spend trip and I even have about $10.00 left for another shopping spree. I went straight to the electronics department and there was hardly anyone there. My SIL wants a 60" TV for our Sunroom when we build it and I took a moment to look at those. A 75" for less than $500.00, I was astounded. I knew they had gotten cheap, but had no idea they were that cheap. Anyway, I had the young man in that department to ring up my router and straight out the front door I went as fast as I could go. Anyway, I came home and got my router set up and now have all four TV's and my cell phone wifi back. I am going to spend the afternoon watching 365 on Netflix. My son had set the router up years ago and I had never set one up, it was relatively easy to do.

Our cases of coronavirus isn't increasing, but we have had our fourth death. I would say 50% of the people in Walmart were wearing mask and the Hair Salon is just inside the front entrance. I noticed there was a sign posted that nobody could enter it unless they were wearing their mask. At least they are following the rules. Personally, I think everyone should be required to wear them if they are going to be in contact with people.

Rinty, it was wonderful to see your post.

I'm glad to see all your post and without you I'd already be in Bolivar ( that's our institution in Tennessee for the mentally challenged)

Mackie, I often declare a "Libby Holiday" if the spirit hits me. LOL

Everyone have a great week-end, I'm going to take a nap.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I don't have Prime so I do need to have a big enough order to get Free shipping.

Penny
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

We keep having little pop up rain showers and it's very hot, so the humidity is about 10,000 percent this afternoon.

I made a big bowl of egg salad with green olives and called it good. There's ripe tomato and cukes in the fridge and three flavors of ice cream in the freezer. The stove is not coming on.

The dogs were all very good for their baths and smell so nice right now. I found an organic moisturizing shampoo for them at the grocery store that does a great job and does not make Lily Dog itch.

The dryer just beeped with my laundry. Off to hang things up.
Mackie