Daily check in June 30, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily check in June 30, 2020

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:51 am Good morning

Day 3 of staying home. Did not walk. Thought about it and said no. Better train and get used to mandatory stay at home orders. You never know.

Still woke up before 6 which is good. Do not want to get out of that habit.

Heard that my first cousin was admitted to the hospital with pneumonia. He does have the virus and now both of his daughters do also. So that makes 3 cousins in san antonio hospitals with virus issues. Also have one in Phoenix but she is doing well.

Lets see what mischief I can get into today.
That is scary that they’ve had to be hospitalized and I’ll pray for them.

It is really hitting home for you. I’m glad you are staying home. (I’m glad that Penny is also staying home since she is in San Antonio.)
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

clemencia2us wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:51 am Good morning

Day 3 of staying home. Did not walk. Thought about it and said no. Better train and get used to mandatory stay at home orders. You never know.

Still woke up before 6 which is good. Do not want to get out of that habit.

Heard that my first cousin was admitted to the hospital with pneumonia. He does have the virus and now both of his daughters do also. So that makes 3 cousins in san antonio hospitals with virus issues. Also have one in Phoenix but she is doing well.

Lets see what mischief I can get into today.

Stay home and stay safe. You could probably walk on your own if you wanted to. That is what I do.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:22 am That is scary that they’ve had to be hospitalized and I’ll pray for them.

It is really hitting home for you. I’m glad you are staying home. (I’m glad that Penny is also staying home since she is in San Antonio.)
You keep safe as well Florida. I hear it is getting even worse there.
Jackie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Jackielou wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:28 am You keep safe as well Florida. I hear it is getting even worse there.
Thank you. I’m mostly staying home except going to moms house. I did talk with a neighbor yesterday but at a distance.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

We did not get the severe storm that was forecast over night. Well, let me rephrase that. We didn't get the hail or torrential rain fall, but we did get the winds. I can see a few branches down in the yard and on the street. I will see what other damage there is when I go for my walk. The walk will be a short one as it does look dismal outside again. The wind clanking things outside did keep me awake and so I slept in a bit later than I would have liked.

Today will be a regular Tuesday as far as chores go. But since it is the end of the month I need to do up the budget, and make sure all the bills are paid. Pretty sure they are as many are automatic in nature. I decided to drop off the envelope I made out last week at the church, and then go to the bank for our biweekly allowance. This will not be a no spend day.

I did get all masks made this month, and I even managed to pin together the strips for an outside denim quilt for one of the DS's (don't know about getting the quilt top sewn today though) and am almost finished the sock I am working on. Slowly but surely getting those goals finished for this month.

I was going to make lotion bars, but decided against it when I saw all the sample and small lotion tubes I already have. Those need to be used up and used up ASAP. I have been working my way through the small soaps during this pandemic, I wonder why I never worked my way through the lotions as well. I even have a few shampoo samples that I should get used as well. Perhaps a goal for next month would be to use up one of these items at least (thinking shampoo samples right now).

It turns out I did in fact know someone affected by the virus. An old friend from university days (lost contact with them awhile back) had his whole family contract the disease (first cases in my province) and his father was the first to die of the virus (in my province). The only reason I know this is that the city he lives in did a story yesterday on him and the fact that he, his wife and mother who survived the pandemic (so far) are donating plasma for testing. I can remember his parents coming to visit us for various things at the university. Lovely couple.

Frugal happenings here on the old homestead will be cooking all meals at home (Hubby wants to start our one day a month eating out, but I am a bit leery about that right now perhaps curbside pick up or delivery). Using up those leftovers and figuring out a new way of using them.

Preparing the rhubarb I picked last night to use in some cookies (yes heard great things about rhubarb cookies) and for freezing.

Working on the sock to hopefully finish it off and knitting the last day of June on the temperature blanket. (Goodness it is July already!!!)

Perhaps if I get my rear in gear I may even manage to sew a bit on the quilt strips. Won't finish the top, but at least get a start on it (using up denim cut from old ratty jeans).

Baking a loaf of bread....I might just try a different recipe, though this one Hubby found still seems to rise the best.

Since it started to rain while I was typing this, my walk will be later in the day.

Supper tonight will be a chef's salad with some buns from the freezer.

Joy today is knowing the farmers are getting rain for their crops.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I woke up too early this morning. But since I slept through I am not too tired.

I have to gather the garbage and trash this morning. I need to double check as I don’t believe there is any trash pick up this Friday. 

I keep getting offers to lower my auto insurance since I don’t own a car, no insurance company can save me any money.

I kept many of my Granddaughter’s McDonalds Toddler Toys, I kept them since they were cute. I discovered when I checked that I own one mini van, a pick up truck, and car. However I do have multiple aircraft. 6 airplanes, 2 helicopters, and one police officer on a motorcycle. Of course None of them requires insurance.

My the first of my fabric is out for delivery today. I have another package of fabric coming later this week.

Then my order from Amazon is scheduled for Friday. 

Penny