Daily check in July 2, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
littlemiss63

Re: Daily check in July 2, 2020

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I emphasis the word "GOOD" for this is the most wonderful day in a couple of months. I took Melatonin for the second night in a row and finally last night I slept from 9:00 PM to 10:00 AM this morning without waking up. The first night I only took one tablet, doctor said to see how that worked and if it didn't I could take 2. The 2 did the trick for me. I am hoping that one will suffice when I get back into a sleep pattern. I feel marvelous.

The beautiful sunshine doesn't hurt the emotions either. I am so happy today that the rain wouldn't even effect my mood. :lol: :lol:

I didn't do spa night on Tuesday night as I was so tired, but I did it last night. My toes, feet, hands and hair is happy. I love the organic castor oil to combat the dryness that dialysis has made with my hair. I left the oil on all night and washed it this morning. It is shiny and soft and very manageable. Yesterdays stick at dialysis went perfect and that alone is cutting down on my stress level. I have been so afraid that my veins were never going to be able to take the needles on a regular basis, but yesterday was the 14th time in a row with the new technician. I can live until I get an infection in a port, but if that is the last resort it will have to be done. Just pray for me that my body since responds to what we are doing now.

I read this morning that the five hot spot states in the nation for covid-19 is Arizona, Texas, Florida, South Carolina and Nevada. The lowest job recovery are these five states, Florida, Mississippi, Alaska,Georgia & Oklahoma. The unemployment applications in other states have dropped. I am so afraid that we are letting our guard down to soon in our town with the masks, but the things the governor has made mandatory people seem to be adhering to. With the exception of the one business (bar) that broke the rules by letting to many people in I've not read of any other incidents. The last article I read is that we have had 309 cases, 4 have died and the rest have or are recovering. Our leaders are telling us to not get reckless, but people are going to do what they want. I am going nuts in this house, but I don't want to do anything to hurt myself or others, so inside I stay. I would love to take the mask off and never put it on again, but I know better. The hardest part is keeping it on three hours straight for dialysis, but they have started putting us on oxygen if we need it and that has made a huge difference for me.

Patti, I am so happy that the implant worked for you. I can't image being in constant pain, so what a blessing for you.

Clem, so sorry to hear about your relatives. I think mine all think they are immune but they aren't. I know you are taking every precaution, please continue to do that since cases are on the rise in Texas.

Mackie, I know you are going to have your office whipped into shape in no time with your organizational skills.

Mrs. Creative, I am delighted that your treatment is going so well, keep up the good work.

Jackie, I know you are on cloud 9 with those boys coming in for a visit. It's so good that the younger one is well enough to drive to your home from his. Sounds like good progress is being made.

Florida, you be extra careful, which I know you are with the high numbers rising in your state.

I do remember that Janet was having trouble with her computer and I pray that is the reason she isn't posting. Now that her brother has moved away from being close to her, I worry that she doesn't have as much support as she did. She makes light of her illness and does an incredible job of coping, but that is some serious stuff.

I swear to you there is nothing to clean in this house, but I am sure that I will find something. Everyone have a wonderful rest of the day, and please, please, please stay safe.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

ohjodi wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:41 pm George Floyd did not forge a check. He spent a suspected counterfeit $20 bill. We never did hear if it was counterfeit or not. I think if it were, we'd have heard about it, IMO. Either way, he might not have realized it was fake, or the clerk was mistaken.

I don't mean to sound nit-picky. I just wanted to correct that.
Thanks for the correction, Jodi. I remember now that it was a $20.

I was thinking “counterfitting” and confused cash and checks. Also thinking of counterfitting and forging being one in the same and that is probably not the case.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Yes LittleMiss - it is getting bad out here

Had to go to the library to make some copies. My printer ran out of ink. Will take care of that later today

Anyway, all we can do in there is use the computers. Can't even touch the books.

They had a city hall employee test positive, so all the city buildings had to be sanitized. They didn't say who had it, but it was more than one person.

It is the small gatherings people of my ethnic background like to have. If they are not around family - life cannot go on!

My brother was nervous because his current flame insists that her kids come to her house for certain events. She said she doesn't care what is going on. Nothing is going to keep her from her grandkids. :shock:

We are slightly opposite in that respect. :mrgreen:
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

clemencia2us wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:32 pm Yes LittleMiss - it is getting bad out here

Had to go to the library to make some copies. My printer ran out of ink. Will take care of that later today

Anyway, all we can do in there is use the computers. Can't even touch the books.

They had a city hall employee test positive, so all the city buildings had to be sanitized. They didn't say who had it, but it was more than one person.

It is the small gatherings people of my ethnic background like to have. If they are not around family - life cannot go on!

My brother was nervous because his current flame insists that her kids come to her house for certain events. She said she doesn't care what is going on. Nothing is going to keep her from her grandkids. :shock:

We are slightly opposite in that respect. :mrgreen:
Your brother has every reason to be nervous. Her actions could cause all of them to never see each other again if they get this virus. It's hard, but I would rather sacrifice for a period of time than forever. I don't think this applies to just an ethnic group, this has been he$$ to have to skip birthdays, anniversaries, graduations,holidays and just the company of your friends and family in many instances. I hope she will reconsider, tell him to talk some sense into her.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Oldest DS should be home in a couple of hours. Hubby has started smoking the ribs, they should have a nice smoke by the time he gets home.

I got my mini computer today to run things on the television upstairs. If we like it (Hubby especially) we will more than likely get one for his television as well. I let techie youngest DS know he will have a job to do once he makes it home. My Grandcat won't be coming with him as he can not carry the travel cart down the four flights of stairs as of yet.

Shopping today took a great deal out of me after the blood tests. I just can't go without one cup of coffee, my morning walkabout and something to eat. This old body can not take that anymore. So needless to say I have not met my step goal today. I am just hoping to build it up a bit closer.

I am so sorry that those of you in the states that opened up too quickly are experiencing such an uptick in Covid-19 cases. The is unbelievable. I am really hoping that we don't end up the same here what with us opening a bit more. I was wearing my mask in Walmart and got lots of very strange looks.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Hi, frugal ones. I am whupped, as we Southerners like to say. Although I worked for this university before, everyone seems to think they should walk me all over the campus on hard, hot cement sidewalks to show me the sights. And then I spend hours cleaning and carrying loads of junk to the dumpster.

My legs are very sore, despite two Advil, a cold beer, a hot shower, and spraying on some dissolved Epsom salts when I got home. However, the office, community room and kitchen all look miles better. I need to order a cushion for the desk chair seat so my back won't hate me and put up a good foam board instead of having everything taped to the walls. Then I'll be happy. :-D

Patty, that is WONDERFUL news about your stim trial. I hope the permanent one works just as well and you get back to enjoying a more active life.
Mackie