Great Reminder

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
littlemiss63

Great Reminder

Post by littlemiss63 »

This was on my facebook page this morning and I had to share if some of you haven't seen or heard it. Times are so hard right now and I needed this to remind me of what a wonderful country that we live in, regardless of what we are experiencing right now. I love Lee Greenwood, but this is one of the best arrangements that I have ever heard of this song. Listen to it and tell me what your thoughts are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrMftm6Km3g

Tears were flowing in my house, and I needed some happy tears.
Last edited by littlemiss63 on Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ohjodi

Re: Great Reminder

Post by ohjodi »

littlemiss63 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:27 pm
This was on my facebook page this morning and I had to share if some of you haven't seen or heard it. Times are so hard right now and I needed this to remind me of what a wonderful country that we live in, regardless of what we are experiencing right now. I love Lee Greenwood, but this is one of the best arrangements that I have ever heard of this song. Listen to it and tell me what your thoughts are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrMftm6Km3g

Tears were flowing in my house, and I needed some happy tears.
Greenwood performed at one of trump's inauguration celebrations, and this song has been used repeatedly by trump throughout his campaigns and presidency.
ohjodi

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Deleted my comment. Sorry.
Last edited by floridacatlover on Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

I am so sorry, I didn't realize when I posted this that it could be construed as political. Jackie can you delete the post for me?

randamax

Post by randamax »

I don't think you should have to have this post removed. You heard the song a certain way because that's what you feel in your heart. Someone else hears it a different way because her heart feels a different way. It wasn't meant as a political post, though there are hints that it's turned into one. I wouldn't feel bad about it if I were you. Just my two cents.

ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

littlemiss63 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:04 pm
I am so sorry, I didn't realize when I posted this that it could be construed as political. Jackie can you delete the post for me?
Why should it be removed? They had several political posts from others lately.