Daily Check in July 5, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in July 5, 2020

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends,

Up and working. I slept like crap. Cake for dessert had me up with heartburn a good portion of my short night. I wish I remember before I eat. But it was a wonderful visit with Mom, Dad , DB2 and DSIL2. DB1 even stopped by. We talked abotu his purchase of the out of state business and their impending move.

MOm and Dad were delighted to have the company. DB2 did stop by and threw my chair into the dumpster. Mom tried to harass me abotu not recovering the cushion, but DSIL defended me saying "It was an Ikea chair. I am sure she got her money's worth out f it." LOL!

So working this morning until about 8. I may take a nap afterwards. Then see if DS1 and family are available for a visit.

Have a great day,
Maggie

Dgflorida

Re: Daily Check in July 5, 2020

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning Maggie and all,

We had a wonderful 4th of July, watched neighborhood fireworks and listened to patriotic music. It was a good day.

Well, 2 new, old diseases have popped up in Florida according to the newsfeed. The fresh water amoeba "brain eater" and mosquito based West Nile. Both have been around at least a decade. A lot of comments didn't seem to take them seriously. Some asked what happened to the murder hornets. Someone said the Cane toads ate them. Just shake my head.

Today looks to be a lovely day, a normal Florida summer day, hot with a chance of afternoon rain or morning rain or whenever rain. Lots of projects to work on. See which ones catch my fancy today. I love being retired. Ground beef burgers for an early dinner, cooked outside on the porch.

Hope you feel better soon Maggie.

Today, I am grateful to be in a great neighborhood. Have a good Sunday everyone.

LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ...

Another hot day coming up, and we're under an air quality alert.

Last night was noisy as expected. At least I got to see some of the fireworks. Most of the time it just booms. The cats were a little concerned, but took it all rather well.

Murphy has paid another visit. One of the garage door springs broke. (What the heck is that noise? Uh, oh ....) The door is working, but needs to be fixed asap. Fortunately, I have a coupon. Also, the TV stopped responding to the new remote. I suspect it's really a problem with the sensor in the TV, and I'm not about to go DIY on that.

Ah well, today. Will water the porch plants (hoping for rain this afternoon). May get to those preserves, and will turn on the Brickyard 400 (NASCAR)

I may (or may not) do a training module for work. (Can't be done during my work shift) Part of me thinks it's not worth it, since the project will finish before the training deadline. On the other hand, they're willing to pay me for the time ...

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

Pippi was meowing like crazy for her breakfast but what got me up was the overcast skies. I wanted to get my newspaper before it got wet. It was double bagged but both bags were in the same direction. How dumb is that? (I’ve seen this before.) Still I’m always glad to get an extra bag for litter.

After watching one of the videos CG posted about, I have incentive to do some kitchen cleaning this morning. I’ll do the top of my refrigerator, the range hood and the microwave cart (which I don’t use for my microwave). I’ll see if there’s anything on the cart to declutter and move it to clean the floor, too.

I received some bad news third hand yesterday about a former co-worker who it seems is in his final days. I’ll call another co-worker who was the source of the info to see if she thinks it is appropriate for me to send him a note. He’s in my prayers. He’s younger than me but has had many medical issues including a serious accident while walking a few years ago.

I’m still working on my needlepoint. I couldn’t find a frame at mom’s house. I found one on Amazon and put it in my cart but will wait until I finish to order it.

Have a good day.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

LWolfT wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:21 am
Good morning ...

Murphy has paid another visit. One of the garage door springs broke. (What the heck is that noise? Uh, oh ....) The door is working, but needs to be fixed asap. Fortunately, I have a coupon.
I had the same thing happen at mom’s house. It wasn’t too costly after I realized what had happened. I agree that it made a heck of a noise. Good luck.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning

Didn't walk today. We take Sundays off

Did get up by 530 - why not? I was awake and the pack had to go out.

Not sure what I will do today. I have two tasks in mind. Yesterday was just a crazy day in our south texas community. Our little towns lost 3 people to the COVID.

It is going to be very warm also. Not looking forward to that. But today means we are closer to fall and winter!!!

Hope all goes well for y'all today.