Daily check in July 7, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Dgflorida

Daily check in July 7, 2020

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning all. Let's get started.

Dgflorida

Re: Daily check in July 7, 2020

Post by Dgflorida »

Good Tuesday morning all,

Tuesdays are good days to go shopping, so it is a shopping day. But with it being a national BLM boycott shopping day, perhaps crowds may be even smaller. Smaller crowds mean less covid risks. Many shops have the first hour designated for seniors. It is usually very crowded then.

I have to check back with my home insurance company today. I asked my designated insurance person for advice on how to better secure my home against burglary. She said she would check with the agent. They have a local business group and their recommendations have been excellent. I want to get their advice before I move forward with my plans.

This morning, I want to buy a 2x4 as a section divider in the patio I am building. I have built patios in the past without wooden dividers and they are a lot of trouble to re-level after tree roots push up the blocks.

Today, I am grateful that there are no active tropical storms in the area. Hope it is a quiet year. Have a good day all. Be safe.

LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Today is cloudy and about 10 degrees cooler than yesterday but the humidity high as scattered thunderstorm threats are predicted from 4:00P right into tomorrow morning.

Have nothing special planned for today. Decided to give up my Monday phone calls with my Vitality Senior group. could not communicate with them on the computer especially when they went to "topics" rather than just general conversation as I had to type my comments in and no one read them anyway. Didn't do the "patch" in my kitchen because I couldn't find my putty knife. Will look again today.

So today will be another spontaneous day. Will probably work on some more logic problems and play a few games on pogo.com and read some more in my book.

Today's designated day is "National Chocolate Day". Do you really need another excuse to over indulge with your favorite food treat?

Chocolate is America's favorite flavor. It's the flavor of choice in candies, ice cream, cakes, breakfast cereal, toppings, and a whole host of desserts. Did you know? Chocolate is a vegetable. It comes from the Cacao tree found in tropical rain forests.

Have fun today.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

good morning

Getting ready to hit the trail

Have a great day

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,
Waiting for my work machine to reboot.

Mom and Dad stopped by last night to see my new couch. (And it was an excuse to leave theirs)

I really cannot say anything is new. Thought we'd get some rain last night, but does not look like it. We need it. Just hot and humid like it can get here. But it is keeping me from taking a walk. I have pulled up some walking exercise videos on you tube, but not pressed play. Ugh!

Anyways,
Have a great day,
Maggie

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Sun is shining, bunny no longer able to eat at my garden, lost a bit of weight (and will probably lose a bit more if I extend my walks some) and work around the house is slowly being accomplished. All is right with my world.

Hubby and eldest son took down some of the cedar that was dying in the backyard. Hmmm, the tree looks very, very, strange now and I have a feeling the rest will be taken down by the end of the summer. Right now it looks like we have half a tree.

Frugally speaking this will be a usual Tuesday. I plan on sticking close to home, getting more of those pesky household chores completed. I will also be knitting on mitts. Yep, it's mitt month on the old homestead, starting a few days late, but at least I am finally started. In fact by the end of today I will hopefully have almost a full set of mitts completed, perhaps be into the second pair. This will be using up even more of my leftover stash of yarns. I am hopeful that very soon there will be no orphan or leftover yarn until I start on clothing or shawl projects once more. At some point this month the fabrication of two denim quilt tops will take place, and perhaps the pinning of another more quilt type will happen as well. I am really trying to use up what I have before starting to collect fabric from old clothing again.

Hubby has pulled some old t-shirts out of the drawers and I will be cutting those up to make some rags for his workshop.

Meals will be made from scratch, and use what I have in stock. Any leftovers will be stored in the fridge and eaten for lunches.

Frugal exercise will be multiple walks today. I will more than likely do a longer walk this morning (think I will go in a different direction today), then a walk to get the mail. That is usually followed around 4 by a short 6 block walk and then an after supper walk of about the same. Tonight I may just extend the after supper walk to about 10 blocks. I need to step it up in order to lose a bit more weight.

I don't foresee any money being spent today which is the best way to stay frugal in my books. No money out until probably my shopping day on Thursday. This time I will not be hitting three places. I hopefully will only be going to one.

Eldest DS has decided to stay until Thursday, so perhaps we will order his favourite pizza on Wednesday night so I don't have to cook. We shall see. I do have a coupon and a gift card that can be used to order and pay for it.

Supper this evening will use up most of the leftover pork. I plan on making a stir fry, so lots of veggies from the crisper will be used as well. InstantPot will make short work of the rice.

Joy today is in knowing we have a few more days with our oldest son.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.