Daily check in July 8, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily check in July 8, 2020

Post by ChristmasTrees »

chocolite wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:54 am Snowangel, your family movie night sounds really fun. :-)

Good morning all and Happy Blueberry Day. Today I have to take Audrey to the vet. She is overdue for her shots and checkup. Our regular vet is open now by appointment only. And they lost their groomer. I usually have her groomed at the same time, so that's disappointing. I guess my next order of business will be to find someone else. She has so much thick silky hair and I know she would be a lot cooler with much of it gone.

My dentist's office just called. I need a bridge on the right lower side of my mouth, so they checked with my insurance. They have some sort of "missing tooth clause" which basically means they won't cover any portion of the bridge. The total will be $2,600 and change. I hate insurance. Anyway, now I have to talk with DH about it. It's not like I HAVE to have the bridge, but my inclination is to do it. At my checkup last month the dentist remarked about the strength of my teeth and how well they are doing - so I feel like this bridge would support that and strengthen them more. I mean...it's a chunk of change, but it's my teeth! I feel like it will be worth it in the long run. What do y'all think?

I took a package of ham from the freezer and will fix it for supper, along with corn on the cob, and greens. I also have a zip sandwich bag with the tater tots I didn't eat at Perkins on Monday. So that will be plenty. I also took a roast down and will fix it tomorrow for us to have for a few days. I saw an instant pot recipe and I think I might try it rather than my regular way in the oven. Hmm, such important decisions to be made these days.

Speaking of meal prep, my existing meat choices are getting fewer. No pork and no beef, except ground. My DH and I are carnivores so I need to buy some meat, ugh. I think a trip to Aldi's is in order. Whatever they have will probably be cheaper than Walmart and Kroger. I haven't done an Aldi trip in awhile, mostly because I've just been doing pickups. But for this, I will don the mask and go.

Today is my last day with the trial stim implant. While it will be REALLY nice to have a shower (sponge baths day after day just don't cut it), I dread getting it removed. I asked the Nevro rep how long it typically took for insurance companies to approve permanent stim implants, she said that was out of her wheelhouse but she thought it was around a month. Aackk. I really hope my wait won't be that long.

Did y'all see that Mary Kay Latourneau died? She was 58. I wonder if it was Covid.
Patty, teeth are essential to good health. If you can't chew properly, you will not get the nutrients your body needs. I know it is terribly expensive, but it is a need.
snowangel729

Post by snowangel729 »

chocolite wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:54 am Snowangel, your family movie night sounds really fun. :-)

Good morning all and Happy Blueberry Day. Today I have to take Audrey to the vet. She is overdue for her shots and checkup. Our regular vet is open now by appointment only. And they lost their groomer. I usually have her groomed at the same time, so that's disappointing. I guess my next order of business will be to find someone else. She has so much thick silky hair and I know she would be a lot cooler with much of it gone.

My dentist's office just called. I need a bridge on the right lower side of my mouth, so they checked with my insurance. They have some sort of "missing tooth clause" which basically means they won't cover any portion of the bridge. The total will be $2,600 and change. I hate insurance. Anyway, now I have to talk with DH about it. It's not like I HAVE to have the bridge, but my inclination is to do it. At my checkup last month the dentist remarked about the strength of my teeth and how well they are doing - so I feel like this bridge would support that and strengthen them more. I mean...it's a chunk of change, but it's my teeth! I feel like it will be worth it in the long run. What do y'all think?

I took a package of ham from the freezer and will fix it for supper, along with corn on the cob, and greens. I also have a zip sandwich bag with the tater tots I didn't eat at Perkins on Monday. So that will be plenty. I also took a roast down and will fix it tomorrow for us to have for a few days. I saw an instant pot recipe and I think I might try it rather than my regular way in the oven. Hmm, such important decisions to be made these days.

Speaking of meal prep, my existing meat choices are getting fewer. No pork and no beef, except ground. My DH and I are carnivores so I need to buy some meat, ugh. I think a trip to Aldi's is in order. Whatever they have will probably be cheaper than Walmart and Kroger. I haven't done an Aldi trip in awhile, mostly because I've just been doing pickups. But for this, I will don the mask and go.

Today is my last day with the trial stim implant. While it will be REALLY nice to have a shower (sponge baths day after day just don't cut it), I dread getting it removed. I asked the Nevro rep how long it typically took for insurance companies to approve permanent stim implants, she said that was out of her wheelhouse but she thought it was around a month. Aackk. I really hope my wait won't be that long.

Did y'all see that Mary Kay Latourneau died? She was 58. I wonder if it was Covid.
Our movie night was fun. We don't have alot to do with little kids down here. They have all the playgrounds shut down and anything for kids is shut down. So we have to make due with what we can do at home.

I did see that Mary kay latourneau passed away and it was at a really young age, she was only 58. Also curious as to why she passed.

I also agree about your teeth, I would do it because taking care of any part of yourself is worth it. I just paid to fix my front teeth again and so now I can eat better and am less self conscious about them
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Patty have you considered getting an implant done instead?

Bev
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:49 pm Patty, teeth are essential to good health. If you can't chew properly, you will not get the nutrients your body needs. I know it is terribly expensive, but it is a need.
Good! I guess I just needed a little confirmation. Thanks CT.
Patty
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

BevMoore wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:04 pm Patty have you considered getting an implant done instead?

Bev
Bev, I have not. I priced them a few years ago when I got a bridge on the other side and they w-a-y were out of my price range. But I could look at it for this tooth. Thanks.
Patty
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I need new bridges. I am also losing a tooth. Supposedly the bottom bridge was made such that a tooth could be added so we will see. I agree it will be expensive and I am very nervou during the covid thing so mine may take over a year. I m not going through the misery of implats at this point in my life, never mind the cost. i just need to improve the fit a bit as my mouth changes...