Daily Check in July 9, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in July 9, 2020

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

Working now. I am fuming over a series of emails. They were almost abusive and I am caught in the crossfire as there was a task to obtain data from a ticketing system that I picked up 2 weeks ago and apparently the format was not correct this week. The task had been dropped by someone else a month earlier. Then I asked for help and got not only a tepid answer but some more abuse. Ugh! I need to figure out how not to take it personally.

Meanwhile, back at home, my weight is all of a sudden increasing. I don't like it. I don't need to outgrow my clothing. Until now I manged to avoid the quarantine gain. I had to run to the store last night for dishwasher soap. I ran out. Most people were wearing a mask in accordance with the state order for counties with growing hot spots.

Off to do some online training.
Have a great day,
Maggie

Dgflorida

Re: Daily Check in July 9, 2020

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning Maggie and all,

Sure hope you get the help you need and feel less "fume" soon, Maggie.

The day will soon start. I lost a bit of sleep last night to a bad dream. Finally got back to sleep and the alarm went off. Grump. So this cup of coffee needs to be a kick starter.

Yesterday went ok. A huge limb fell during that storm on my back gate knocking it off its hinges. It will be a challenge to put back on, but yesterday I needed to mow grass. We have gotten rain every day for the last 3 days and that is trouble in Florida. Got it done, but needed breaks from the heat. After the lawn guys did the front and ditches, I pulled bundles of limbs to the front for pickup and a couple of barrels of limbs as well. Yard tidy is very satisfying.

So today will be fix the gate day. Scored 2 nice pot roasts at Winn-Dixie for the lowest price per pound I have seen around here for several months. Had half of one for dinner with fresh broccoli and homemade crockpot beans. I bought 2 peaches on sale as well. Without a doubt, papaya is better. I have a home grown papaya ripening on the table.

I checked gas prices online and they are starting to fall post holiday. It would be nice if they hurry up. I could use some gas. Nowhere I need to go today(I hope), so I have a little time. Chicken quarters (49c/lb) thawing in the refrigerator. Egg prices down as well. Always nice to save a little at the grocery store.

Today, I am grateful for my quiet, country life. Have a good day all.

LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Well we finally got our rain yesterday, a little bit less than an hour but very welcome. Nothing new going on in my life so I'll just jump into today's designated day.

Today is National Sugar Cookie Day, a day to satisfy your sweet tooth. Popular with kids, young and old, sugar cookies usually don't last long around the house.

It's pretty easy to see how Sugar cookies came to get their own special day. Almost everyone has had them. Many people are hooked on them. Put out a plate of sugar cookies, and you can be certain they won't be there for long. We haven't seen any surveys, but it's a sure bet that sugar cookies are right up there with chocolate chip cookies as America's favorite cookie.

Here's wishing everyone a wonderful day.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

All is quiet here on the old homestead. We did not get rain overnight (bit of a sprinkle in the late evening though), but the sky is a bit gloomy today.

I am enjoying the mini computer and all it can do, well mostly watched for streaming TV and perhaps pretty soon will venture into YouTube video country. I think it will be lovely to be able to put up an exercise video and start moving this winter. Cooking shows will be a blast to watch.

Today oldest DS will be heading home. I believe he will be leaving sometime around noon or close to that, so I will stick around and hold off on shopping until he heads out. That will cut down on my knitting time, but since these mitts seem to move much quicker than socks, I can still manage to get quite a few pairs done by the end of mitt month.

I have made my shopping list and added a couple of on sale items that I wish to add to my stock up pantry. I have all my coupons handy as well (stocking up on dish soap, and dishwasher soap). I have not noticed that prices have fallen at all around here. In fact meat prices and fuel prices seem to keep right on rising. There is a good sale on ground beef this week so I hope to be able to pick up a couple of family sized packages.

So frugal happenings around here will be sticking to my list, combining my errands so I only use the car once, using up yarn to make those mitts and knit on the temperature blanket, meals cooked at home, walking for my daily exercise, and watching some free TV.

Really just the usual day around here.

My main area that I need to work on is to just let those that think they know everything not get to me. I see more passing on of false information from people on Facebook that should really know better. Or people that say one thing and turn around and post the exact opposite in an article they have found. Hypocritical or what!!! I need to step back and refrain from hitting out at the idiocy I see from relatives which is difficult. I think perhaps a draw back from that type of social media is necessary right now.

Supper tonight is going to be some leftover chicken (which was last nights meal, but never made). Don't quite know what I will make as of yet, but I will figure out something.

Joy today is in cooler temperatures and hope for a safe journey home for DS.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Good Morning friends,

I'm hopefully more coherent today than yesterday, when I was drifting in & out of sleep all day.

I got home from hospital yesterday about 2pm, and instructed dh on how to build the perfect upright stack of pillows, as upright is way more comfortable than reclining--was still kind of difficult to sleep much last night, probably as I'd slept A Lot during the day.

Dr S said everything went well, looks well, and even though I he found them amusing, he did follow Huntsman Gyn Onco Dr's suggestions. He would NOT give me hormone replacement therapy, said I should talk to HER about that. :( Ask me how thrilled I am by that, yeah not. I'll have 2 follow-up visits with Dr S, at 2 weeks & 6 weeks, then we'll see how life goes after that.

But I guess I'll be calling to schedule a tele-health visit with Her in couple of weeks, after she gets the Pathology report from Dr S. This time, if she tries to put me off again, I'm going straight to the top and finding her direct supervisor and entering a complaint against her.

My garden looks like it is starting to take off & grow, good I'm glad, as I've been praying that it would.

Only to be 92*F today, though next 10 days are to be in high 90's, hot dry heat, good for gardens, bad for fire danger.

I just paid this month's utility bills, only things left to pay are piano lessons, and the automatic pulls for car insurance & auto payment at end of month. We might even have a little $ leftover too.

My IV blew up my hand yesterday, it stopped flowing into my vein, and went into my hand instead (this happens Every Time I get an IV in my hand, not that anyone listens to ME). So my right hand is swollen, not as bad as yesterday, and painful.

No one else is awake yet, though dh & ds17 have gone off to work. Oh ds17 found a job on Monday night!!! :D Ds15 also has been working for friends of ours at their rental house, which the last renters trashed when they moved out.

I plan to knit, read & sleep today interspersed with short walks around house & yard. Flowers out front need watering, will get girls to help with that. I'm not to lift above 1 gallon, so no more than 8 -10pounds, but I feel as weak as a newborn kitten, so am lifting barely at 1-2 pound range.

Am off to walk around my garden & talk to my plants. Plus my hand is hurting now.

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

mbrudnic wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:57 am
Good Morning,

Working now. I am fuming over a series of emails. They were almost abusive and I am caught in the crossfire as there was a task to obtain data from a ticketing system that I picked up 2 weeks ago and apparently the format was not correct this week. The task had been dropped by someone else a month earlier. Then I asked for help and got not only a tepid answer but some more abuse. Ugh! I need to figure out how not to take it personally.

Meanwhile, back at home, my weight is all of a sudden increasing. I don't like it. I don't need to outgrow my clothing. Until now I manged to avoid the quarantine gain. I had to run to the store last night for dishwasher soap. I ran out. Most people were wearing a mask in accordance with the state order for counties with growing hot spots.

Off to do some online training.
Have a great day,
Maggie
I hope you get things figured out, and that those who are heaping abuse on you will just back off. I will pray for you too.