Daily check in July 12, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Mrscreative

Re: Daily check in July 12, 2020

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon beautiful people,

Beautiful day outside with plenty of sunshine but not overwhelming heat. I already spent quite a bit of time outside weeding the garden and watering everything. And after that I went for a walk along a bike path. I wore my mask, even though nobody else was. The path isn’t busy but young children sometimes forget to keep distance.

Logics I’m not a fan of pecans but I love butter tarts which are similar to pecan pie . I prefer them with raisins rather than pecans though. Butter tarts are sickly sweet too, but I love them and was brought up with them.

This afternoon I have ironed and been watching tv.

Have a wonderful Sunday all!
Creative

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I love pecan pie

There is a recipe on the Karo white syrup bottle that is delicious. I've only made it once, but it didn't seem as sweet as some pies I've purchased at a store.

chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Just let Audrey outside from our back porch and the heat slammed into me when I opened the door. Ugh...the humidity is at 76%. As Clark W. Griswold said to Ellen: We're at the threshold of hell! :D

So I've done my few tasks and am in my recliner in my nice cool den, with very little motivation to do anything else. I'm trying a new schedule with my intermittent fasting. I can eat between 2pm and 8pm. I've only done it a couple days but this feels very doable. It cuts out my nighttime snacking, which I hope will make a big difference. So far I've had some cantaloupe and a salad. Later I'll have roast with veggies.
Patty
https://thenextchapterforpatty.blogspot.com/

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

chocolite wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:46 pm
Just let Audrey outside from our back porch and the heat slammed into me when I opened the door. Ugh...the humidity is at 76%. As Clark W. Griswold said to Ellen: We're at the threshold of hell! :D

So I've done my few tasks and am in my recliner in my nice cool den, with very little motivation to do anything else. I'm trying a new schedule with my intermittent fasting. I can eat between 2pm and 8pm. I've only done it a couple days but this feels very doable. It cuts out my nighttime snacking, which I hope will make a big difference. So far I've had some cantaloupe and a salad. Later I'll have roast with veggies.
When my Mom moved to Southern Saskatchewan the heat was unbearable at readings of 40+ C (not including the feels like temperature). She phoned me once and said she no longer feared hell cause she was living in it.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Eh - yea it is 103 here but this is nothing compared to the middle east.

My family thinks I am crazy because I still do things outside in the heat.

I just hate being a prisoner of it. Do not want to be dependent on central air. Yes - i'm nuts. :mrgreen:

We never had AC growing up and now all of a sudden we are delicate flowers. - :mrgreen:

Watch me pass out outside later - everyone will be "told you so" - :D

Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Ladies/guys I have multiple small recipe websites, incluing those thoat make small slow cooker recipes. We are three now, or two and someone who eats occasionally and we eat leftovers. But esecially wen it comes to desserts, I want something for ne or two, and i will be living alone again in the next few months.

I finished my shawl. My ronumbers were off and as a result my lace will surely look odd. The first time I have ever knit a full seven inches of lace (before blocking) on one item. It will be interesting.

Thinking abut watching part of hamilton this afternoon.
http://richlyretired.blogspot.com