Daily check in July 12, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily check in July 12, 2020

Post by HappyDaze »

It has been brutally hot for days and days and days (not a complaint). Today it was a little cooler and we got a nice rain last evening and today - so NICE! There has been a major delay in the delivery of my vacuum cleaner. I have borrowed my son and daughter-in-law's twice - I can't keep doing that so I went and picked up a cheap one today - -- I HAD TO vacuum -- my house really needs it every other day or so -- to not be able to do that has been torture - I can't stand it!! So did that and felt better.

My daughter is going to be coming to stay with me for awhile and help me with some "BIG PROJECTS" - that will be nice.

I also stopped by Aldi today and picked up some grocery items. I didn't need anything really but it is so much cheaper than the options I usually have. Also got a few grocery things at Walmart where I got the vacuum - veggie burgers were $2.50 a box - they are $5.39 at my regular grocery where I DON'T buy them!! My town really needs a Walmart or an Aldi.

I have to go put my boss's dogs to bed soon - that gig is back - yayyyy!! Have a good night!

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Lawsie mercy, I am tired. Have been on my feet most of the day. I took Homeless Buddy by his job at the fancy pizzeria to pick up his tip share cash this morning, then we went to Save-a-Lot to do his grocery shopping with a quick hop by the Walmart Market for his protein drinks and bottled water. I also gassed up my car while we were at Walmart.

Then I helped him unload his groceries, gave everyone a haircut, took a shower, cut up a bone-in pork butt roast to make barbecue in the slow cooker, put the meaty pork bone on to boil to make soup for the dogs, set up a new printer we bought, which involved rearranging my desk, finished preparing the barbecue and soup (added a cup of brown rice to the pork broth and chopped the meat that fell off the bone), then made saffron rice and creamed spinach to go with the barbecue, served supper and ate, washed dishes, cleaned the kitchen, packaged up leftovers for my lunch and fell into the nearest chair.

I am whupped. The meal was a huge hit and the dogs loved the pork and rice soup, which is suitable for Lily Dog of the many food allergies. But I think I need another day off to recover.

It rained today, so at least it was cool and pleasant.
Mackie

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello all,

A G’night check in for me.

We didn't leave the house today tho dh tried to get older boys to take pups & littles to the river to play.

I wore a fleecy blanket round the house today to try to curb my coldness, it seems to have worked.

We had a surprise 20-30 minute rainstorm today that soaked in quickly.

No nap for me today, but I’m in bed & feeling sleepy although it's not 9pm yet.

I knitted on a new dishcloth, and worked on finishing up dd9’s Easter sweater (no I’ve not completed either of them yet, but they are on my July to-do list).

I’m off to bed. Just took a pain-pill, and I’m beginning to relax. I’m so grateful for today’s sunshine & little storm.

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

MackerelCat wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:38 pm
Lawsie mercy, I am tired. Have been on my feet most of the day. I took Homeless Buddy by his job at the fancy pizzeria to pick up his tip share cash this morning, then we went to Save-a-Lot to do his grocery shopping with a quick hop by the Walmart Market for his protein drinks and bottled water. I also gassed up my car while we were at Walmart.

Then I helped him unload his groceries, gave everyone a haircut, took a shower, cut up a bone-in pork butt roast to make barbecue in the slow cooker, put the meaty pork bone on to boil to make soup for the dogs, set up a new printer we bought, which involved rearranging my desk, finished preparing the barbecue and soup (added a cup of brown rice to the pork broth and chopped the meat that fell off the bone), then made saffron rice and creamed spinach to go with the barbecue, served supper and ate, washed dishes, cleaned the kitchen, packaged up leftovers for my lunch and fell into the nearest chair.

I am whupped. The meal was a huge hit and the dogs loved the pork and rice soup, which is suitable for Lily Dog of the many food allergies. But I think I need another day off to recover.

It rained today, so at least it was cool and pleasant.
What a busy day you had!! I felt tired just reading your day’s list.