Nice people

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
nbeaver

Re: Nice people

Post by nbeaver »

I think I'm going to join DG. No big deal, but we've suffered a tragedy in our family, and I need to stay away from a lot of media right now--and I usually do bow out during election years anyway. I'll see you all, probably, in January. Stay safe!

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

LogicsHere wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:02 am
The thing is she could do or have done what I did, I blocked her when she started praising the current administration and come across as being smarter than anyone of us. I also chose not to read her journal (none of MY business).

She was the first one months ago to praise Trump's actions on something . . . which at that point I decided I had to put her on ignore. Trump followers do not believe in masks so I can see where she might feel threatened but she didn't have to read the coronavirus thread if she didn't like what was being said. No one was twisting her arm. She didn't or doesn't whatever the case may be have to leave the forum all together. And no most of us don't think the wearing of the mask as political, but rather as a means to stay healthy. Unfortunately the current administration did make it political.

There was only 1 day when a few of us let our feelings out politically in a regular check-in post, it was a had to get it out of the system/off the chest kind of thing. And the one that had Warning in the subject which if she didn't want to get involved she didn't have to read either.

In the same vein, I think we might have lost Florida as well, I'm hoping not.

Any way it is what it is. It's a topic that can quickly turn friends into enemies.
I don't think anyone ever said anything to her about her views. We either read or not and just moved on. :?:

chocolite

Post by chocolite »

nbeaver wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:31 pm
I think I'm going to join DG. No big deal, but we've suffered a tragedy in our family, and I need to stay away from a lot of media right now--and I usually do bow out during election years anyway. I'll see you all, probably, in January. Stay safe!
Please be safe and take good care. I'll be looking for you come January.
Patty
https://thenextchapterforpatty.blogspot.com/

LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

clemencia2us wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:22 pm
I don't think anyone ever said anything to her about her views. We either read or not and just moved on. :?:
If you're referring to my comment about Florida, no, no one did. I'm not sure she's gone, but the last post from her I think was on July 2nd or 3rd. She did say in a recent post that she can't continue to go on like nothing is happening in the country right now, so if she did leave it was a personal choice not anything that was said or done by anyone here.

colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

"I actually think that this was DG's way of saying good-bye. She did not post in the check in and did not post in her frugal journal. I could be wrong, but my gut is telling me since she left other forums and pages that she said were getting political........."

If this is true Jackie that is a shame. But quite truthfully if one is that sensitive then possibly a public forum is not a place where you can be happy. I prefer people that are up front - even when we disagree. Passive/aggressive comments that invite response and then are followed by pleas for better behavior from others I find to be dishonest and self serving. Though I don't want this to be a political forum, I think it is foolish to think a frugal lifestyle exists in a vacuum. We all live in the world and need to be prepared to deal with all of its consequences. Sadly I fear that frugality will become more necessary as time goes on and the virus changes our lives and economy.

DG always gave me lots to think about frugally. She was hard core frugal and did things I would never consider in regular life. I did however take note of them for my hard times require hard measures mindset. I hope she reconsiders if she has left. It is easy to ignore what you don't want to see.

And I do agree - we have lovely folks here.

BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

While I have enjoyed her posts and frugal ideas I have to question how someone in her early 70's could do all the things she physically did every day. All the heavy lifting, etc. It kind of reminds me of a member we had on here years ago (when we were still at the About site) who always posted about how much she did. She was younger but we still wondered how it was humanly possible to do everything she did each day. Her name was Michelle and she left before we got booted off of About. I will have to admit to a twinge of jealousy reading about all of these accomplishments when I am lucky to maybe do half of all of that.

That being said I hope DG hasn't left I always enjoy reading and talking about frugality.

Bev