Daily Check-In August 4, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check-In August 4, 2020

Post by MackerelCat »

Rinty, your story about Tom's feet remind me of my mother's when she was in assisted living. Her carer was lazy and would not check her feet. When I finally did, it was horrifying and took months of soaking, filing, trimming, and lotions to get her comfortable again.

I am taking a break from hours of Zoom meetings today. It's been frustrating because the entire schedule and all the web addresses for the meeting were changed 15 minutes before the start and long after I had checked my work e-mail, so I was trying to use the old schedule and missed the first session.

After hearing all that students are not allowed to do on campus, what with the combo of Covid prevention and university rules, they'd have more fun and freedoms staying at home and going to local colleges. (And for a lot less money.) But I should not say that out loud. :-D

Supper will be meatloaf, if I have any get up and go left after 3:30 p,m. A few more hours of discussion about student conduct and report writing may sap the life out of me, though.
Mackie

chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Hello all. I am grateful for the U.S. Coast Guard and the work they do. I think all the branches of service razz the others a bit. Everyone thinks theirs is the best. Nothing wrong with that.

Today I am having a meh day. My energy is just gone. I'm not sure why, but I'm not going to push it today. Yesterday when I was cutting up the potatoes my tremor was really bad and I ended up cutting my thumb pretty deeply. I need to do a better job of listening to my body and responding in kind. At least we have supper for tonight.
Patty

LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

My area has gotten hit with the Tropical Storm Isaias. We're not in the heavy rain area (3-5 inches) but we are in the high wind area (60-70 miles an hour). Power has been going on and off 3 or 4 times already this afternoon.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

We were lucky with my mom's foot care.

A team of podiatrists would go by the nursing home once a month. They would tend to any issues they had. Included trimming any nails, callouses etc. After they were done, it was the best "pedicure" i'd ever seen!

She tended to get ingrown nails, so that had to be checked regularly.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

it is super warm here.

Have i mentioned I hate August?

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Hi everyone,

Just finished up work and decided to peruse the forum. DS2 is going to make dinner. He is a bit of a gourmet. He worked last night with a marching band and then they have practice Wed & Thurs. They split the band into small groups to stay under the school boards limit. He said it went well. I think they wear masks when they are not playing a wind or brass instrument. He is teaching marching basics.

I got my new athletic shoes. It has been several years since I wore this brand. The toe box is a little tight. They are leather, so they will stretch.

That is all the news from around here.
Have a great evening,
Maggie