Daily Check In August 5th

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check In August 5th

Post by alliesmama4 »

HappyDaze wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:28 pm
Greetings y'all, just a few minutes till supper is done (oven roasted veggies - finally cool enough to use the oven) and I'm starving.

Things have been a bit hectic and stressful for me recently - I am running around like a crazy person, about to meet myself coming from the other direction! Many projects need to be done on the homefront and those are time consuming and work is so busy that each day flies by almost as if it's speeding out of control.

Ahhhhhh, I cannot complain, I am healthy and safe and have all I need and so much more - just wishing to slow down a bit - or a lot. Taking things one at a time and doing my best - that is all we can do. Be well my friends.

Sheila I know what you mean about working and having to do things at home as well. Although I do not work any more I can still remember those crazy days. I hope things settle down for you soon.

Love roasted veggies. They are my favorite way to eat most of them.

Take care my friend, Janet
Janet Alliesmama

HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

alliesmama4 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:07 pm
Sheila I know what you mean about working and having to do things at home as well. Although I do not work any more I can still remember those crazy days. I hope things settle down for you soon.

Love roasted veggies. They are my favorite way to eat most of them.

Take care my friend, Janet
Janet, I am excited to have my daughter coming on August 15th to stay with me for a couple of years while she completes a program at a local community college. She LOVES dogs, LOVES walking dogs and says she is up for a variety of PROJECTS that I need help with. I'm sure sharing my home is going to be a huge adjustment but well worth it. I actually have 3 rooms that are "separate" from the rest of the house - one down and two up - and she is going to rent those.

The veggies I cooked were 2 potatoes, a green pepper, a yellow squash, a handful of brussels sprouts and the last of a bag of frozen cauliflower and broccoli. I added a little olive oil, salt and pepper. They turned out quite tasty.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

HappyDaze wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:28 pm
Greetings y'all, just a few minutes till supper is done (oven roasted veggies - finally cool enough to use the oven) and I'm starving.

Things have been a bit hectic and stressful for me recently - I am running around like a crazy person, about to meet myself coming from the other direction! Many projects need to be done on the homefront and those are time consuming and work is so busy that each day flies by almost as if it's speeding out of control.

Ahhhhhh, I cannot complain, I am healthy and safe and have all I need and so much more - just wishing to slow down a bit - or a lot. Taking things one at a time and doing my best - that is all we can do. Be well my friends.
Now that I am retired I often wonder how I worked outside the home and still managed to get the household tasks done.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

HappyDaze wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:13 pm
Janet, I am excited to have my daughter coming on August 15th to stay with me for a couple of years while she completes a program at a local community college. She LOVES dogs, LOVES walking dogs and says she is up for a variety of PROJECTS that I need help with. I'm sure sharing my home is going to be a huge adjustment but well worth it. I actually have 3 rooms that are "separate" from the rest of the house - one down and two up - and she is going to rent those.

The veggies I cooked were 2 potatoes, a green pepper, a yellow squash, a handful of brussels sprouts and the last of a bag of frozen cauliflower and broccoli. I added a little olive oil, salt and pepper. They turned out quite tasty.

Sheila I am happy that your DD is going to be living with you and helping out. She will be a big help and you will have her company too. Wishing you both a happy collaboration for the next several years. Enjoy your DD's time with you.

Yum on the roasted veggies. The only veggies I do not like cooked or roasted are carrots and celery. I can eat them cooked if hidden in something else but do love them eaten fresh.
Janet Alliesmama

HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Jackielou wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:36 pm
Now that I am retired I often wonder how I worked outside the home and still managed to get the household tasks done.
I used to think I never wanted to retire because I will be too bored - I'm starting to change my mind.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

HappyDaze wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:51 pm
I used to think I never wanted to retire because I will be too bored - I'm starting to change my mind.

Sheila my Mom was a nurse and worked 10 hour dates. She thought when she retired she would be bored too. However she just used her energy in different directions. One day she said," I do not know how I worked all of the time since I find it hard to find enough time in my day now." You will find new interests and will enjoy doing them I am sure.
Janet Alliesmama