Frugal Q & A

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Frugal Q & A

Post by HappyDaze »

This is just for fun. If you don't want to answer a question, just skip it.

1. What is the last thing you spent money on? (Gasoline)

2. What is one thing you refuse to ever spend money on? (Designer anything - unless it's used)

3. What is the most expensive thing you ever purchased? (My house)

4. What is your favorite "frugal splurge"? (Candles at Aldi or Family Dollar - both have a good knock-off brand that mimics the Bath and Body Works candles)

5. What is your favorite NON-frugal splurge? (Color Street Nail Polish Strips)

6. What is one of the best things you ever bought? For example, that appliance that is still going 20 years later, etc. (My car - it's still going strong almost 12 years later)

7. What is a recent frugal score or bargain that you got? ($8.99 dog treats for $3.00 after combining a sale with a store coupon with a manufacturer's coupon)

8. What is something you hate paying for but you do it anyway? (Trash pickup - $30 a month plus tax!)

9. What is the FIRST thing you would do if you won a million dollars? (Pay off my house then hire someone to do some remodeling/home improvement projects)

10. What do you wish you had more TIME for? (Browsing this forum - I mostly pop in, say hi, pop out - I can't keep up with what is going on with everyone and I feel bad)

11. Have you ever been teased or questioned for being frugal? (Just recently at work - for not wanting to buy a $25 company t-shirt. I already have 2 company t-shirts, granted, they aren't the newest design - but that is too much money for a t-shirt)

12. What frugal habit would you continue if you had all the money in the world? (Refusing to pay $25 for a t-shirt)

floridacatlover

Re: Frugal Q & A

Post by floridacatlover »

1. What is the last thing you spent money on? (Lunch with friends at outdoor restaurant)

2. What is one thing you refuse to ever spend money on? (Cleaning lady)

4. What is your favorite "frugal splurge"? (Rummage sales)

5. What is your favorite NON-frugal splurge? (Travel)

6. What is one of the best things you ever bought? For example, that appliance that is still going 20 years later, etc. (Washer and dryer from Sears scratch and dent store - both 30 years old)

7. What is a recent frugal score or bargain that you got? (Vintage Wamsutta white eyelet sheet set from eBay, $4.99 - $13.15 including postage)

8. What is something you hate paying for but you do it anyway? (Homeowners insurance)

9. What is the FIRST thing you would do if you won a million dollars? (Donate a % and save the rest for travel if we are ever able to travel again)

10. What do you wish you had more TIME for? (?)

11. Have you ever been teased or questioned for being frugal? (At work - back when I worked - when I talked of using lots of coupons)

12. What frugal habit would you continue if you had all the money in the world? (All the things I do now)

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

1. I bought milk, bread and Crisco oil today.

2. Starbucks

3. House

4. frugal splurge? Probably some kind of food - lol

5. Non frugal splurge - good shoes and bras!

jgomez1002

Post by jgomez1002 »

1. What is the last thing you spent money on? peaches, club soda and french bread

2. What is one thing you refuse to ever spend money on? Designer sneakers

4. What is your favorite "frugal splurge"? 99 cent large iced coffee, any way you want, at Cumberland Farms

5. What is your favorite NON-frugal splurge? Good Liquor or wine

6. What is one of the best things you ever bought? My Food Saver

7. What is a recent frugal score or bargain that you got? free bagels

8. What is something you hate paying for but you do it anyway? cable

9. What is the FIRST thing you would do if you won a million dollars? Pay off my jeep and buy a place in Northern Maine

10. What do you wish you had more TIME for? (Browsing this forum - I mostly pop in, say hi, pop out - I can't keep up with what is going on with everyone and I feel bad)

11. Have you ever been teased or questioned for being frugal? Yes, I save big plastic bags from stores to use as trash bags.

12. What frugal habit would you continue if you had all the money in the world? Shopping sales and clearance.

snowangel729

Post by snowangel729 »

1. What is the last thing you spent money on? Two dollars on four cans of spaghetti sauce

2. What is one thing you refuse to ever spend money on? Designer items at full price

4. What is your favorite "frugal splurge"? Thrift store shopping

5. What is your favorite NON-frugal splurge? Getting my nails done

6. What is one of the best things you ever bought? Not sure yet. I haven't had my stuff super long yet

7. What is a recent frugal score or bargain that you got? Psychotropic drug manual for my education for free lol

8. What is something you hate paying for but you do it anyway? Hulu live- dh loves it

9. What is the FIRST thing you would do if you won a million dollars? Pay off my home, car, and other debt then do some remodeling

10. What do you wish you had more TIME for? My family, my studies and cleaning

11. Have you ever been teased or questioned for being frugal? Always I just tell everyone I'm cheap lol.

12. What frugal habit would you continue if you had all the money in the world? Budgeting and getting the most for my money.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

1. What is the last thing you spent money on? Cream to make creamed potatoes

2. What is one thing you refuse to ever spend money on? Someone to clean my house (however that could change)

3. What is the most expensive thing you ever purchased? Our vehicles the past couple of years.

4. What is your favorite "frugal splurge"? Books, fabric and yarn.....Just can not pass up.

5. What is your favorite NON-frugal splurge? Can't really chose between the above.

6. What is one of the best things you ever bought? For example, that appliance that is still going 20 years later, etc. Our chest freezer was one of the first energy efficient (well what passed for that in the dark ages) models built. We have had it for probably close to 39 years and it is still going strong.

7. What is a recent frugal score or bargain that you got? My favorite coffee beans at a 2 for deal that ended up being half the cost of just one bag.

8. What is something you hate paying for but you do it anyway? I hate paying for a bag if I forget mine at home.

9. What is the FIRST thing you would do if you won a million dollars? Move to someplace by a lake.

10. What do you wish you had more TIME for? Reconnecting with friends.

11. Have you ever been teased or questioned for being frugal? Not for a very long time as now that people realize we pay cash for all our purchases they keep their opinions to themselves.

12. What frugal habit would you continue if you had all the money in the world? I would keep all of them.